The Sebastian Principle (Escalation Tutorial)

I played it knowing it was a tutorial escalation, it was alright and took me best part of 10 mins to complete, my only question is why add this in now? 5 months or so after launch. Unless it’s part of the starter pack? Which I can’t keep track of what’s a part of it and what’s not :joy:

I was confused about this too, since the Starter Pack doesn’t come with Dubai.

But I looked at the blog post and it’s indeed available to all Hitman 3 Starter Pack owners. That’s good news for them at least.

We start this month with a ‘bonus’ escalation, that acts as a tutorial (of sorts) for HITMAN 3 players. This Escalation will be available to all HITMAN 3 players, and it will be encouraged as the starting point for anyone playing the HITMAN 3 Free Starter Pack.

1 Like

Definitely good news for starter pack owners. Hats off to IO they are certainly giving new players the chance to get into the game.

1 Like

The addition of The Sebastian Principle to the free started pack is obviously good for potential new users as it gives them a taste of the Dubai level. Adding to the already impressive amount of free content.

It would though have been good if the nature of this new escalation and its availability had been made clearer in the latest roadmap video, since I’m sure far more people will watch this than will read the webpage.

1 Like

Played this yesterday and was a little bit disappointed. Only realised today when I read this thread that it’s a tutorial. As a tutorial it’s not that bad.
At least I learned a new route in Dubai (the way around the guards to the heliport at the end of the third part).

It’s a really weird decision to make a proper tutorial for escalations now when The Phoenix Ascension is really easy, also set in Dubai and has (kinda) been there since launch, and the escalations in the training facility have been there for years.

1 Like

The escalation was made with the starter pack in mind. They do not have access to Dubai, so they do not have access to the Phoenix Ascension, and giving it to them is probably too much as it contains the full map.

From reading the blog I suppose that this is the very first thing that the game recommends to play to people with the starter pack (maybe after the training maps, I don’t know) which means that this is not only a tutorial for escalations, but also for general game mechanics that are not taught in the two training maps. Think camera boxes, frisking, climbing, etc. These are not taught in the original training maps or their escalations, so making a tutorial showing these essential mechanics to the new players is pretty logical.

1 Like

I paid no attention to the blog post (I’ve been somewhat out of the new Hitman content loop lately), so initially I was shocked at this escalation being so guided despite still enjoying it (and at least the guide points are optional). However, getting caught up now and learning that this was added to the free starter pack makes much more sense. I’m surprised it took them this long to add a tutorial escalation, but nevertheless it serves its purpose and made for some easy XP.

1 Like

Not totally sure when this was changed, but the Sebastian Principle has a “Introduction escalation” added to its title.

Personally, I think it also needs to be a Long tile, like the Berlin Egg Hunt and Garden Show escalations, to show off its importance and unique-ness.

6 Likes