Things That Make You Sad 😥

Thanks guys. I wouldn’t judge anyone outside of my family for the drugs they do, that’s their life and it doesn’t affect me. And I think sober people who act like they’re better than those who choose to do drugs are childish.

But I’d like to make this clear, my parents aren’t bad people and they aren’t bad parents. When I was a kid I never once suspected that they were drug addicts. The only problems that are there are the fact that they really suck at controlling their budget, and the fact that they’re pretty much destroying themselves.

Being a drug addict doesn’t make you a bad person.

My grandma finally passed away last night. Her life froze at 8:47pm on 7 Dec 2016.

She lasted 4 days after I flew over to her house.

Day 1 - 2: she couldn’t recognise anyone else but me; she was unable to move and could hardly eat or talk. She said my name and “I’m so happy to see you.” and that became her last words to me.

Day 3: she couldn’t talk or eat at all; the only thing she reacted slightly to was pain, my voice, and when someone said my name. She dropped into deep coma at around 6pm.

Day 4: she suddenly woke up after around 26 hours of coma; still unable to move or talk, but was able to recognise everyone around her. She passed away very peacefully shortly after with me holding her hand till the last second.

That’s awful, man. I’m so sorry :frowning:

At least you were with her and to the very end she still showed how much she loved you. Never forget that, @SayaRin.

I’m sorry to hear that.
Good thing you were with her until the end.
She wasn’t alone.

My grandma passed away 2 years ago in similiar way.Deep coma,then waking up hardly being able to talk and then she fell asleep again…

At least you know she didn’t went through pain in her last moments…

That is very sad news, I’m sorry for your loss. You are very lucky that you were able to be with her in her final moments, not everyone gets to say goodbye to their loved ones.

I’m really sorry about your grandmother. I know it’s hard to look at the bright side of death but I’m sure that the final moments you had with her meant a lot to her, stay strong man.

I have some experience about addicts and I agree with you Alek,addiction does not necessary make a bad person.
My stepfather is still drinking and my father used to drink when I was little…my father did do his job,but went usually straight to bar.Came home every night with different woman…We had moments together at that time when we were both warming our hands at front of fireplace because that house was so old that windows froze inside…
My mothers house was warm…But my stepfather being alcoholic and my mother short tempered if she drinked six beers fast…So there was family violence which went so bad that sometimes my mother took a knife…
So ti was moving back and forth…My fathers place I was alone,cold and there was not even a shower,
My mother place I had to flee that situation night time and slept my backpack as my pillow,and my jacket at my blanket at the top of the stairway…right beside the elevator engine room…
I went to school from those places and I was not even a teenager…it just went on since I was little.
As an only child…i was no angel either…Pick pocketing etc…
Which was no wonder since no new friends adults let me play with them.
Because how my family were…so I had other kinds of friends…
My father tried to keep me discipline as he was taugth…whit belt…my stepfather by talking.
I got permission because of my stepfather to smoke when I was Twelve and to drink when I was 14…
“better here in front of us then behind the barn”…he said…And he apologized it in later years.
I think I was 15 when I moved to my grandmothers…
Friends came from same kind of circles…Broken homes…Then it went to trying smoke aspirin to alcohol,pills,sniffing glue etc.I dropped out of school because I was bullied at detention class.I was the only one who wanted to learn something…others took their pillows in school.i was an easy target because I was quiet…When I got my first unemployment money at 17 years old it went to booze debts.
I got kicked out of army when I started to hear awakening calls all night long,
Lost my girlfriend (With who I had been from age of 14)at age of 21 to surgigal error that have been on her heart from the day she had been operated at birth…
I was mad to the world,god,government and myself for not being there…
The last thing she said was to my mother to look after me…
I let everything slide…Drank my driver license.let my apartment become a real drinking house(small 30m2 filled with 14 people passed who knows from what)and eventually lost it too…Did not pay bills…
Nothing else seemed to matter besides messing my own head…
I took two mental hospital visits…One rehab where it ended when the therapist started by asking"are you satisfied your life?“looking really down on me like I was not human at all…I said"Yes and sign me out"
Then they started descrrptng me Diazepams…That is the worst error they did…I have been hooked onto those as long as I remember…I don´t use them wrong…But it´s still something I just can´t throw to the garbage…
My new apartment was like some of you can imagine of the man who has burn every single bridge.
On the same building was addicts,alcoholics and people released from jail or going to jail…
I had more friends…When the years passed by I learned that even they had moral standards,someone who they loved and family who they loved…I learned a lot about people…And it was not just negative…
I drank almost everything,tried everything and was involved some really stupid things…
I managed to stop my alcoholism when one young lady started crying…It was one of the times things heated up and I took entire table and smashed it to dust…
I felt so ashamed…I thought I had done enough bad things…I closed my phone for two weeks…
I decided to get sober and with my own name…I did not need AA or clinic…
It was finally"that decision”…I crossed over the calendar days…After 8 months I felt that I had forgot something?
I had not automatically walked where the beers are…I did not leave my friends…It was opposite…But few of them stayed…But on sobering I was on my own…After a year i did not need calendar anymore…
I stayed sober seven years…I have been taking few on during the last year…But i don´t have the urge to get it…
I never judged my friends if they were drunk,I did not push them"get sober already"or anything like that.
If my friends called me then I said"Have fun"and I had water when they were drinking…
I feel sad that I threw away most of my life…
So many passed away heart failures,drinking,drugs even got killed…
Path might have been set,but it was me who made the decisions.
Not my parents,not my friends and not the enviroment…
I feel sad because there´s over 20 years of sorrow about lost family members,girlfriend and many other friends…
Now I have to deal with those things…Like I should at the beginning…
No drug or whatever can keep feelings locked forever,neither it solves problems…So don´t follow the path I chose…

I´m sorry for your loss…I hope in hard times you remember the good times with your grandma,
And have comfort for her going away so peacefully.
I hope you strength to overcome her going away :sob:

Damn man, that’s one hell of a story. It’s admirable that you’re brave enough to just tell your entire story like that. I’m glad you’re sober now, please keep it that way so you can at least live the rest of your life in a happier way. It’s never too late to recover and rebuild your life.

That is really one the most amazing will power decisions. Doing it all by yourself, this shows the true value for what you gain or what you loose in life. And its never too late. It is only late if you never made the choice.

You are right…It´s never too late…That is part of the reason why I wrote it here.But like I wrote…
during this year i have been drinking…Last month almost went overboard…But I don´t let that happen again just to be friends with someone…Besides it does not taste that good for me…
it is too easy to slip back when there comes trouble.
For me it has been health over two years.
Social service woman that used to help me to the doctor because I have osteoarthritis on my left knee and partly my right…Combined to vertebral wears I have in my lower back…
Announced that city don´t have budget for next year to help guys like me to doctors or shop(and because someones had abused that somehow)…So overweight is rising and when in disability pension without right to work related…It did bring me down for a while.Being sick costs and poor patient with my background have hard time with doctors and getting treated equally.But I´ll fight…
For the better part of my past I have to say that my father has done volunteer work for over 20 years and even have been part of starting those places…we don´t talk much…But I´m proud of him…
My stepfather has not been violent in 15 years…He still still drinks but it´s good this way…

Thanks everyone.

After seeing how she suffered in the last couple of days, I guess this might be the best ending for her – she left in peace and there will be no more pain to hurt her…

The fact that Toronto just lost the MLS cup :cry:

My Dad needs heart valve surgery. If we didn’t find this out now, he could’ve died by January, that would have been a terrible way to start off 2017.

He has had open heart surgery a few years ago, and the recovery took a while but once again he could’ve died if he didn’t have that surgery. I’m not worried that this surgery is going to kill him or anything but it makes me anxious, and it makes me sad knowing how close my Dad has come to dying.

You are lucky because i never got moment to say bye to my grandpa. He died by heart attack during meal…

Good luck with your papa bear, @Alek. Stay strong and remember we support you.

I hope everything goes well with the operation.

In the spring and summer I do lawn mowing, one of my customers (more like friend but you get what I am saying) that I have had since I was 15, when I went to his house today to see if he needed anything (senior guy 93 year old) I saw there was a D.N.R order on his fridge. Which means he knows his time is soon. Which makes me sad since I’ve known him for a while. The whole last couple of months have been so shitty for me :frowning:

It is sad when people commit suicide. Specially when not knowing that this is what they really wanted to do.
This is a video of 3 livestreamers that committed suicide. But the important part is what the narrators tells and please watch the video till end. It has important message.