Things That Make You Sad 😥

I was also gonna say that they may just be very strict republicans. While i didn’t think much about his presidency i do think he has a very warm and charismatic personality. I’m not political but i will miss him in office’

Knowing that life itself is inherently meaningless. I could lie to myself and create some mystical meaning which is all fine and dandy, but the universe doesn’t care about us.

Just learned one of my aunts was killed today after finally getting her life together and joining her MC proper with her own bike. I’m not as torn up as I should be about it. At least not for her, specifically. She was a fucked up person who did fucked up things ever since she came to know the concept of fucked up, and she had a long way to go as far as making up for all the horrible shit she’s done to the people closest to her. Everyone in the family knows that. Herself, more than anyone. The most fucked up part is, this happened right after she finally set off to set things right with everyone she wronged. I’m really sad for the daughters, sons, siblings and granddaughter she’s survived by. Turns out her MC was contacting everyone in the family about it all day, but I never got the messages till now. If there is a God, and souls, and such a thing as divine redemption, then I hope for her spirit’s sake that he counts her first step in the right direction before passing judgement.

At least she settled things right at the end. That counts a lot. Much more than somebody who never regreted a single thing in life. At least she left a good part in peace at the end.

[quote=“borek921, post:162, topic:11829”]
Obama looks like the coolest and warmest president ever, [/quote]
Yes, he is.

Well, our history of racial animosity won’t go away overnight, Or, ever for that matter.

The Big Lebowski is one of my favorite movies of all time.

I don’t know if it’s entirely fair to say it’s mostly racial bias, i mean there are some people who have legit reasons for not liking his presidency.

I’ve got pectus excavatum too but I’m lucky in that mine is manageable without surgery, just made me pretty terrible at sport (both due to diminished lung capacity and the increased concerns about having broken ribs). I can totally relate to a lot of what you’re talking about even though mine’s less extreme.

From the social perspective bother me a lot more when I was younger but as I and my peer group have gotten older I’ve found people who aren’t bothered by it and just acknowledge it as another difference after they get over their concerns. Being skinny tends to go with it and I’ve found that once you get to an age where you can pick where you hang out it’s easy enough to avoid people

I have talked to a couple of people who’ve had the surgery and they had zero regrets about getting the surgery despite the risks and recovery.

That’s great to hear, and I appreciate you telling me about your experience. It’s looking more and more likely that the insurance company will cover it so I’m pretty relieved. Seems like the healthcare I have is pretty generous when it comes to pectus excavatum unlike a lot of other companies that just consider it purely cosmetic.

If it’s bad enough that you’re getting physical pain from it then you and your doctors should be able to make a good case for it being an important health issue. For me it would be classified as a cosmetic issue because it wouldn’t really effect my lifestyle.

That said, from what I understand most people who do get the surgery are the ones who suffer from pain since it’s kind of intimidating to say the least.

There’s chest pain, like a burning / ripping sensation. It’s not extremely painful but it’s definitely uncomfortable. It mainly happens when I’m lying down. And I know for a fact that I have shortness of breath, plus the obvious social anxiety that is caused by it.

So yeah, thank you for the information. Whenever I get it fixed I’ll definitely give an update either in this thread or the happy equivalent of this thread, maybe even a before and after pic.

Trying to buy tickets for a concert but it’s sold out before the freaking page loaded on my pc.

When depression kicks in.

I’m sorry to hear about your condition, I really hope you’re surgery goes ahead and without problems. Keep us posted I would love to hear how you get on and also to see before and after photos if you feel comfortable doing so.

@Reaper changing his avatar. Welcome
Back!

A bit of ear ringing since 8 years and you have a sad guy. Just add some depression since 5 years, and your guy will know how it is to have a life that sucks.
:confused:

This, still. Unfortunately.

Wow… Alright so, last night I’m in my house playing my game (Hitman) and around 11:30 at night I hear a fairly loud bang bang sound outside.

I pause my game and wait a few seconds to hear. After a few seconds I just resume my game after not hearing anything more. I figured maybe it was just fireworks from neighbors or whatever.

Then, maybe not even five minutes later I hear sirens (couldn’t tell if it was police or ambulance) I hear it for a while then eventually stops. I don’t hear nothing more and don’t give it anymore thought and go to bed.

Today… Just a little bit ago, I see in the paper someone got murdered :frowning: Like holy shit!! I mean I didn’t know the guy or anything, but just that fact that I heard the death of someone in that exact moment sends a shiver down my spine. Not to mention it was only a few blocks away from my house. Crazy shit…

P.S. Didn’t know where else to share this, but in a way I suppose it makes me sad. Like I said, I didn’t know the guy but still. I mean, a man was murdered and I heard it… :confused:

finding out you won’t have enough for rent, and facing that disappointment from family.