TV Show discussion

@ingrobny what is WestWood about? I mean it’s HBO, right. It gotta be gut.

It’s very good :smiley:. Got some info from wikipedia and a trailer for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JctIuZfSsa4

Sometime in the near future a high-tech, highly realistic adult amusement park called Delos features three themed “worlds” — West World (the American Old West), Medieval World (medieval Europe), and Roman World (the ancient Roman city of Pompeii). The resort’s three “worlds” are populated with lifelike androids that are practically indistinguishable from human beings, each programmed in character for their assigned historical environment. For $1,000 per day, guests may indulge in any adventure with the android population of the park, including sexual encounters and even a fight to the death. Delos’s tagline in its advertising promises, "Boy, have we got a vacation for you!"
Peter Martin (Benjamin), a first-time Delos visitor, and his friend John Blane (Brolin), on a repeat visit, go to West World. One of the attractions is the Gunslinger (Brynner), a robot programmed to instigate gunfights. The firearms issued to the park guests have temperature sensors that prevent them from shooting humans or anything with a high body temperature but allow them to ‘kill’ the cold-blooded androids. The Gunslinger’s programming allows guests to draw their guns and kill it, with the robot always returning the next day for another duel.
The technicians running Delos notice problems beginning to spread like an infection among the androids: the robots in Roman World and Medieval World begin experiencing an increasing number of breakdowns and systemic failures, which are said to have spread to West World. When one of the supervising computer scientists scoffs at the “analogy of an infectious disease,” he is told by the Chief Supervisor (Alan Oppenheimer), "We aren’t dealing with ordinary machines here. These are highly complicated pieces of equipment, almost as complicated as living organisms. In some cases, they’ve been designed by other computers. We don’t know exactly how they work."
The malfunctions become more serious when a robotic rattlesnake bites Blane in West World, and, against its programming, an android refuses a guest’s advances in Medieval World. The failures escalate until Medieval World’s Black Knight robot kills a guest in a swordfight. The resort’s supervisors try to regain control by shutting down power to the entire park. However, the shutdown traps them in Central Control when the doors automatically lock, unable to turn the power back on and escape. Meanwhile, the robots in all three worlds run amok, operating on reserve power.
Martin and Blane, passed out drunk after a bar-room brawl, wake up in West World’s bordello, unaware of the park’s massive breakdown. When the Gunslinger challenges the men to a showdown, Blane treats the confrontation as an amusement until the robot outdraws, shoots and mortally wounds him. Martin runs for his life and the robot implacably follows.
Martin flees to the other areas of the park, but finds only dead guests, damaged robots, and a panicked technician attempting to escape Delos who is shortly thereafter shot by the Gunslinger. Martin climbs down through a manhole in Roman World into the underground control complex and discovers that the resort’s computer technicians suffocated in the Control Room when the ventilation system shut down. The Gunslinger stalks him through the underground corridors so he runs away until he enters a robot-repair lab. When the Gunslinger comes into the room, Martin pretends to be a robot, throws acid into its face, and flees, returning to the surface inside the Medieval World castle.
With its optical inputs damaged by the acid, the Gunslinger is unable to track him visually and tries to find Martin using its infra-red scanners. Martin stands behind the flaming torches of the Great Hall to mask his presence from the robot, before setting it on fire with one of the torches. The burned shell of the Gunslinger attacks him on the dungeon steps before succumbing to its damage. Martin sits on the dungeon steps in a state of near-exhaustion and shock, as the irony of Delos’s slogan resonates: “Boy, have we got a vacation for you!”

Anthony Hopkins is freaking dope in that serie, though I haven’t watched westworld yet a few days ago I watched a analysis by Nerdwriter on YouTube. He definitely convinced me to check this show out.

I agree, in episode 5 he is starting to show that he don’t want to be messed with :smiley:.

He’s dope in everything he does because he’s an amazing actor :grinning:.

On season 2 of House of Cards rn. Great show.

Just got back into the walking dead I’m at the part where they just met Jesus and made a deal to take out the bad guys who are threatening their camp. I’m behind but I have all the episodes recorded on sky :grinning:.

On sunday i watched the last episode of Nobel, it’s a very good thriller mini tv serie from Norway, 8 episodes, if it’s out with english subtitle you should watch it :wink:.

In NOBEL, two stories carefully intertwine as a returning soldier and family man becomes a pawn in a political international game. As the stakes grow higher he is forced to discover just how far one should go in the name of peace.

Episode #7 of WestWorld was freaking great. 10/10.

Strongly suggest people start watching this if they already aren’t.

I really want to but i wont.
I cant bear year long season waits. If i live till when it finishes ill try then.

I have ran out of old tv shows to watch about 1-2 years ago. I don’t mean I’ve watched them all, only that after going through about two dozen great tv shows that seemed custom tailored for me, I can’t find anything else to match that. Now I only watch shows currently on air and of course I had to lower my standards because of my habit of watching an episode before bed almost every day.

I have just started watching how I met your mother from the very start. I have always watched odd episodes here and there when it was on TV but now I’m finally watching it in order. I really need to catch up on Quarry, Lucifer and Westworld. I watched the first episode of the new Netflix TV show Shooter which is based on the movie. It doesn’t blow me away or anything but it has potential and I will continue to watch it. I am going to get back into my anime shows too such as black butler and black lagoon.

I hadn’t heard of the Shooter tv show. It’s not on Netflix here. So bummed. We’ll probably get it after the season is over or just before S2 starts. Thats how Netflix works most of the time here.

After looking it up I see Ryan Phillippe is the lead. Never been a fan of his. Let me know how you like it as you progress.

Black Lagoon is the mf jam.

I remember watching it a few years ago I really should re-watch it considering how much I’ve forgotten about it. All I can remember is the pirate motifs and the guy MC complaining more than Shinji in Evangelion.

Yeah it’s pretty good I will definitely get back into it, it’s just hard remembering what happened after not watching for a while. @FantumX I will let you know how it goes, I’m not a massive fan of anything he’s in either but I think shooter is worth watching so far.

Westworld - Episode 8 - Trace Decay.

Can this show get any better?

I’ve been catching up on cartoons lately, namely Bojack Horseman and Rick and Morty, both of which I was somehow totally unaware of till recently.

Bojack horseman any good?

While also hilarious much of the time,I’d say it has quite a bit of emotional impact. It’s surreal sometimes, often melancholic, but also cynical, and can be depressing as well.

Man, I’ve got to check this out.
The original Westworld was one of my favorite movies as a kid.
Yul Brynner as the gunslinger was awesome!!