TV Show discussion

:smiley: It’s a great tv show, episode 8 is the latest, it’s starts to get really good from episode 5 at least for me :flushed:.

I don’t remember if i have seen the movie Westworld, but the Westworld trailer you posted is very close to what you will see in the Westworld tv show.

If anybody feels that Westworld have a slow start like i do, don’t worry, because things starts to happen in episode 6 and 7 and i’m looking forward to watch episode 8 and see how this will escalate :smiley:.

This topic is slowly getting to room temperature so I’ll try to breathe some life into it.

Westworld finale blew my mind, that plot twist came out of nowhere but ended up explaining so many things that seemed out of place with the main story. If only corporate security agents would be even remotely competent, it’s the same story every single time… sigh

Watched a really good Syfy miniseries, Ascension is about a ship sent to colonize a new planet back in the 60’s. It’s about 3.5 hours long, the story is very captivating so I advise against reading about it before watching the show, it might spoil some major plot points. Here’s the trailer:

And finally, February 1st can’t come soon enough! By far the most anticipated show for me.

Taboo will debut on FX on January 10

“Set in 1814 London, Taboo has Hardy playing a character names James Zeziah Delaney. After having spent 10 years in Africa, Delaney returns home to discover that his father has left him a mysterious and rather dubious business legacy that he is compelled to correct. Delaney soon finds himself clashing with the powerful East India Company in a situation that will see tensions escalated to international levels, involving the conflict between Britain and the then-embryonic nation of the United States.”

Right now i’m watching Netflix’s Luke Cage and it’s pretty much a snooze fest. I loved Daredevil and Jessica Jones, but Luke Cage doesn’t really do anything for me. He’s the dyrest main character i have even seen on TV, hell even Stephen Amell’s Oliver Queen /Arrow got more facial expression. The villain is pretty borring as well, just some angry hip hop / Rapper gangster.

It’s not really a bad show, per say. But it’s very slow, slower then the slowest season of the Walking Dead and add a borring main character into the mix. Hell he wasn’t even a very exciting Supporting role in Jessica Jones, to begin with. The only reason i watch it is because i ran out of tv shows to watch.

I agree it was pretty underwhelming, the best action can be found in the trailer.

Just watched a new Netflix show called Dirk Gently’s Hollistic Detective Agency with Elijah Wood. It didn’t blow me away but it has entertained me enough that I will keep watching it, if I was to compare it to anything I’d say Doctor Who.

Well, the producers had one hell of a surprise on election day. Anyway, can’t wait for the new season!

I watched a lot of episodes of homeland but in the end I lost interest, I’m surprised it’s still going.

I quit watching somewhere in Season 3.
The first two seasons fascinated me though.
I think I quit watching because I got rid of Showtime.
She’s based on a real life spy.

I’ve enjoyed every season so far, even though the first two seasons had the most interesting plot. It’s a lot like House of cards, it allows us to peek inside a world (of espionage and counter-terrorism) that’s inaccessible and shrouded in mystery to the general public. Also the characters are somewhat believable (especially Carrie) than in the usual spy flicks, they aren’t super soldiers and make plenty of mistakes which makes the show less predictable.

@HMBM47 I just watched season one episode one of pushing daisies and I enjoyed it alot. I’m guessing this show ends on a cliffhanger too as it was cancelled?

They did their best to wrap things up in the last 2 minutes by giving each of the characters their own “happy ending” that likely would have happened if the show had continued. It was bittersweet to say the least, since there was a turning point in the story right when the episode ended. :cry:

I just watched the last episode of Hannibal, OH MY GOD WOW. It is a crime this show was cancelled and I hope more than anything it is picked up by someone one day. If it isn’t then at least I can say the ending was excecuted perfectly, the relationship between Will and Hannibal is just something else.

I had no idea what twin peaks was about so I googled.

“A crime drama mixed with healthy doses of the surreal, this series is about FBI Agent Dale Cooper, who travels to the small logging town of Twin Peaks to solve the murder of seemingly innocent high schooler Laura Palmer. Almost nothing is as it seems, however, and the show’s sometimes eerie visuals, oddball characters and wild dream sequences drive the point home.”

It sounds very interesting but it’s quite old and I don’t really like watching old TV shows.

You’re not gonna watch a show you find intriguing just because it’s 25 years old? Smh. Watch it matey.

It’s almost as old as me mate, I can’t see me enjoying it. I might try one episode and see if it grabs me but I doubt it will.

It actually holds up pretty well to this day. It doesnt feel nearly as old as you would expect. It was on Netflix just 3-4 years ago (US) and that’s the first time I watched it. I found it very entertaining. And I love Madchen Amick so that didn’t hurt.

She’s very pretty, I’m going to watch episode one now and I will let you know what I think :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

Damn how long is episode one? Two hours?

Almost at the end of the first episode, I have seen enough @FantumX and I think it’s terrible :joy:.