What are you eating or cooking?

So I haven’t been to my favourite Thai place in about two months. This changed today. Nom nom nom.

I got Pad Thai with chicken, crispy squid and fried greens. They threw in something like prawn crackers which are in the clear bag on the left. I forgot how generous they are with the portions. I paid £13 and what’s on the plate there is just under half a portion. I still have plenty left for supper later :smiley:

Gonna make the most epic plate of pesto pasta tonight. With a dash of olive oil, some cherry tomatoes, some fresh mozzarella and touch of oregano.

Bella!

Be sure to take a pic

A “dash” of olive oil? Stonado!! :joy:

edit your post

Rainy day decided to make some Indian Food.

My take on Chana Dal (Yellow Peas, garlic, ginger, turmeric, tomatoes, onions & spices)

Baked Sweet Potato Fries

Pulao Brown Basmati Rice

:heart_eyes:

Dish came out really good.

dayyum that’s really authentic man! one thing, in the chana dal are the black spots black peppercorns? Cuz my mum never adds black peppercorns in this specific dal :smiley: and what ingredients did you used for tempering? :smiley:

Where’s the naan? :flushed: When I make Indian, I always have naan.

Still looks awesome. I’m hungry for some of that. :smiley:

I used mustard seeds. Soaked the dal, cooked it with some salt and turmeric. Then in separate pan I sauté the mustard seeds in oil, added crushed coriander seeds, cumin seeds, to toast then added chopped onion, garlic, ginger and I needed some heat and had no chilies but had some Sambal oelek.

Which is so awesome and spicy. Cooked for a few minutes then added chopped fresh tomato. Set that aside until dal was almost tender and added the spice mixture to Dal pot along with some Garam Masala. Cooked for about 15 minutes so the flavors married and it came out great.

No Naan unfortunately @immadummee47
I didn’t go out to the store because it was a rainy day so I did with what I had in pantry.

Half that stuff is jibberish to me. Just pass the salt and I’m good. :joy:

But seriously, I never had the patients to put so much effort into cooking even though I know it pays off big time. One of my sisters and her husband on the other hand are big into all that fancier cooking. Eating is usually the biggest highlight of every visit.

That’s wonderful chef! :smiley: try using ‘Ghee’ or cow fat for satué next time you make the ‘Tadka’ or Tempering, it adds a lot of flavour :smiley: oh and try making Roti’s, they are burritos made from wheat flour, they are much more softer and easy to make, just make the dough, use the atta/flour to coat the small dough balls, use rollig pin to make round rotis and voila enjoy! :smiley:

I’ll post image of what my mum made today for dinner :smiley:

I’ve made chapati and roti before and recall using little black onion seeds called nigella. It came out good. I used graham flour too.

I’ve also used ghee in the past but recently have been trying to cut dairy and meat out of my diet a few times a week. I agree that it was missing that “fat” flavor and I should have used it. It’s been tough cooking without dairy. Love to see the pics!!

Hey Forum! Apple Pie will be ready in about an hour! Fresh picked apples from the orchard! Sorry no apricots. :frowning:

Pies Ready!

It looks angry. Time to eat it.

It actually does lol.

Just feel like cooking this weekend. Ok I’m done.

Tonights Dinner:

Chinese Eggplant with onions, carrots, green onions, mushrooms in a sweet and spicy coconut curry sauce.

Vegetable Lo Mein Noodles