What are you eating or cooking?

Heheheh. Don’t worry. The crabs place was closed, so I got some Gnocchi.

Malai (Cream Based) Chicken Tikka and Tandoori Chicken Tikka with pickled onions and mint chutney

and some BOMBASS DOUTS BOIIIIIIII :drooling_face:

I was craving fried chicken.

Popeyes has the best too.

So I tried my luck making a burger (my second attempt ever), it came out quite tasty and at 1/4 the price of the menu sold at the mall.

There you go. Keep experimenting!!! Looks great. The bun looks legit. IMO that is a very important part of the burger.

That looks awesome! And… really? Your first burger?

My second one, I tried once before a couple months ago but then I didn’t have some of the ingredients and I used the wrong bun (it was too crusty), it was edible but I wouldn’t have called it a traditional burger. This time around it came out much better although I still have no clue how to cook the meat, I’m just squishing it until there’s not much juice coming out. :sweat_smile:

How did you cook the patty? In a pan or on a grill? Was it fresh or frozen?

If thawed and about 4-6 oz you only need to cook the meat 3-4 minutes on each side. You really should NEVER squeeze a burger or play with it. Season it with salt and pepper. Cook it over med high heat turning only once.

In a pan and it was fresh. I squeezed it because I’ve seen other people do it (on tv mostly, we don’t make burgers very often here). I had to cook it about 4-5 minutes on each side, but maybe the pan wasn’t hot enough. Even so, I thought it came out a little bit undercooked in the middle.

Not bad then. It’s all a time and temperature thing. How thick the patty is and so on.

This is something that most don’t know. I’ve come across so many ppl cooking burgers (on a BBQ especially) that continuously flip the burgers. The juices on top actually adds flavour as it cooks.

This also applies when I cook a steak. :drooling_face:

Also if you put an indent in the middle of the patty before cooking it wil help keep it from getting big and fat in the middle and give you a flatter, even patty.

Awesome, that’s was the other reason why I was squeezing the patty, so it wouldn’t bulge to much. Just to be clear, you’re talking about doing something like this?

I had lunch today at a Moroccan restaurant. Had couscous with fried vegetables, chicken skewers, and beef rolls seasoned with cinnamon and powdered sugar. And to top it all off, I watched a live belly dancing show in the restaurant. Pretty good place.

Yup. I also think that’s why a lot of people press down on the burger during cooking, to keep it flat. But as already mentioned, that just squeezes out the juice which is where the flavor lies. The less you physically mess with the meat (before or during cooking) the better! Good luck with your next burger.

Do me a favor too. Don’t put all that shit in the pic in your burger. Unless you want it to taste like a meatloaf.

Burgers should be just meat with salt and pepper or a dry seasoning. Once you start adding peppers onions etc in the patty it’s no longer a burger.

Agreed. I just throw in some garlic powder, salt and cumin.

Love cumin. Speaking of that I just sautéed some cumin seeds in olive oil added some green beans salt and pepper, crushed pepper and a little sugar. Taste amazing.

This lasagne is so tasty… :sweat_smile:

The truth:

I should be banned from this thread.