Curated Contracts - (WINNODD's) Puzzle Box - October 2023

It was 2 years ago when I was experimenting with him and I think it was when I was still playing on PS5. Back then it was impossible to get the exit prompt during the cutscene, the objective and XP notifications only showed after the cutscene ended.

Anyway, got the top 1st spot on the leaderboard now.

10 Likes

Congrats for reaching the top time of this contract! :tada:

2 Likes

Really fun batch of contracts, my favorite ones are ā€œA Castle Full of Accidentsā€ and ā€œStrange Tales: Fatal Errorā€.

4 Likes

怐Ꝁꉋ3ē‰¹č‰²å„‘ēŗ¦ć€‘NON-EXISTENTEXPLOSIVE - 1分08ē§’_HITMAN (bilibili.com)

1 Like

怐Ꝁꉋ3ē‰¹č‰²å„‘ēŗ¦ć€‘STRING THEOCRACY - 1分29ē§’_HITMAN

@WINNODD , tell me how did you choose the contracts? The topic is very interesting, but there was no announcement either from you or IOI, there was no contest itself. I have an assumption that you just collected all the contracts that you like personally and sent them to IOI. Is that right?

2 Likes

He announced the collecting message in Bilibili and then gathered all contributors in a QQ group (a Chinese Discord). Yeah Chinese Hitman fans have their own group. Then he played the contracts while livestreaming and gave a rank for them and finalized 11 contracts.

7 Likes

With that :banana: one (no pun intended) slipping through I almost have to wonder if a lethal kill thrown :coin: contract wouldā€™ve made it in. :thinking: ā€¦due to no vetting from those that know which types are (now) considered taboo. Because Iā€™m assuming the Dubai deadly :apple: wasnā€™t known about in those circles.

Yes. Iā€™m aware Iā€™m making assumptions here. My apologies if thatā€™s an inaccurate assessment.

Iā€™m just saying I was surprised to see another one after the complaining about the previous one (and ones before it). How did that thing I made go?..

Iā€™ve seen a SA run done within the time limitā€¦ But I donā€™t want to have to copy what was done.
This was after I did it the slow way. Iā€™ll have to watch the elite methods later at some point.

1 Like

Quartz Tanā€™s method (1 ICA19 body shot long range, then 1 short range, then 1 homemade shot short range) is actually not that hard to replicate.

Personally I just used the gift bomb to create a big distraction before doing the 2 close range shots, which gave me time to push the body into the sea (it would always be found otherwise).

5 Likes

havenā€™t quite finished them all yet (missing blocksmith and the train which i thought about making ages ago but thought itā€™d be too cruel, turns out i was beaten to it by a year or two, after reading through this thread I understand them both now though) but Iā€™ve been really enjoying these. Got a little mad at good old high octane food kill though so I thought I should share the successful run of it. Great batch!! Loved both Sgail accident contracts in particular.

4 Likes

I thought maybe the contract title is a clue to how to get this doneā€¦

:joy: Heā€™s effing swimming in mid-air, through the land/rocks, btw.

9 Likes

Controller was nearly broken during completion of this batch :joy: some difficult ones here but all completed none the less.

4 Likes

My take on Puzzle Box contracts:

Liked all curated contracts except:

No more fruit kills - ā€œGo Bananas over Quartz Tanā€.

• Too finicky to find the right number of sub-lethal shots with weak gun / muffins, to set up banana kill especially when required to complete under a short time frame.

No Collateral? No Problem!

• finding all the means to move a group of non-targets with unpredictable NPC behavior off of the train tracks within a short time frame was finicky and not really Hitman.

I generally find almost all the Feature Contracts great, as long as there is at least some flexibility in approach.

I like the contract when I can figure out a unique approach at my own pace and then find youtube solutions which are completely different from what I did.

The Feature Contracts like the above are inventive, but require dependence on unpredictable NPC behavior and are way too limited in how you can approach them, and thus to me, are not really fun.

If I have to find a youtube video, and have to follow a series of actions mimicking someone elseā€™s solution to make it work, then it isnā€™t a good contract (IMHO).

4 Likes