What Videogame(s) are you playing?

Interesting stuff about The Witcher books. Shame that the guy who wrote them is a douche, and in a way, a little sorry he got so little. OK, the guy might not be cool but at the end of the day the games may not have succeeded without the source material. I dunno, I feel like he deserves at least a small cut if you ask me, but then, I tend to dislike alot of these business deals.

Anyway, as for The Witcher 3, making some good progress. When I upgraded my silver sword, suddenly level 6 bosses wern’t so tough. I’m level 12 now, and making a habit to keep upgrading my gear every 2-3 levels. I finished the Bloody Baron and Keira Mitz storylines, and both were pretty excellent, especially the Bloody Baron questline. Very mature storytelling there. I do find it mildly funny though that considering the shit that happens in the BB quest though, you can still play Gwent with the guy, like Geralt doesn’t like the guy but he apparently tolerates him enough to play a card game with him.

Speaking of Gwent, I got to be honest, I really do not care for it. I’ve only played it twice and it’s not a game I find terribly interesting. Find it funny integrated it is in the game, and I believe they even made a spin-off game about it? Don’t know what you guys think of it, but may wind up being the bunch of side quests I just not bother with.

Using oils alot more too, especially when I realised that once you craft an oil, you can apply it infinite times. The oil against humans especially is useful since that is what I use my steel sword on most of the time, and the silver sword is good for using oils on to prepare for boss fights.

Definetly enjoying myself. Honestly, my only real gripe is that I don’t like it when I have to play as Ciri in flashbacks. I just don’t really find her that interesting, and I really do feel like I need to of played the previous games to really care about this character.

A year ago, i swore i would stop with WOW. I did, even if i enjoyed the latest expansion very much. Then came blizzcone and the promise of Legacy servers and now all i can think is

Finished Witcher 3 and halfway there on Far Cry Primal,it really gets boring after some time everything is the same.Next on my list will be AC Syndicate probably or Mafia 3.Heard these are good games.

Watch who you call a jerk.Pokemon.Witcher 3 could be cannon,it tell the story AFTER the latest book,it’s just something that could actually happen but of course modified for the game to be better.It’s sad that true author is getting nothing but disrespect by toddlers like this one over here.And of course the guy felt bad that his books didn’t get much recognition and didn’t get paid well.

I’ve promised myself I would finish the last two AC games I bought (Black Flag and Unity) before buying Origins (I’m going to skip Syndicate). I’m almost done with BF but spending so much time playing one AC game makes me loath the idea of starting the next. This is probably why I finished Wild Hunt 2 times but never got to finish the DLCs.

I also got a Age of Sail itch I need to scratch from playing BF so I reinstalled EmpireTW just for the naval battles ( I’m playing with Naval Supremacy of Empires mod), installed the Born in fire America mod for MOWAS2 and bought Holdfast Nations at War. So far I think I’ve spent more time waiting for the games to download than playing them. :sweat_smile:

Get off your high horse please. I’m Polish as well, so I’m a bit more into the subject of Andrzej Sapkowski’s personality, I’ve watched interviews with him and he’s been an asshole on numerous occasions. Just because he’s a good writer doesn’t mean he can’t be a douche and bafoon. Look at Keanu Reeves, he’s a shit actor yet still an amazing person.

And no, no matter how much you tell yourself that games are after books, they aren’t canon. If Sapkowski were to write new stuff taking place some time in the future, he will not reference games in any way since they are not in the books’ canon, he’s been clear about it time and time again.

Lol. Was Keanu any Good in John Wick? I still need to watch that.

This is right because i didn’t said they are canon.So you stop telling to yourself that i did.

Total bullshit,many characters back story in witcher 3 are almost same as it was in the books.The game is not canon but it starts 5 years after the events of last book,the stories are sometimes different,sometimes mixed but saying the game takes just lore from the books is riddicolous.I don’t mean to be unpolite but you need to get your facts straight here.

CDPR today will argue the opposite - their games turned some local Polish book called “Wiedzmin” into “The Witcher” worldwide phenomenon it is today.

Mafia 3 has a lot of repetitive activities to do and filler parts in order to get to the far in between good missions that are unique and the story parts,plus there really isn’t much to do and the world could feel empty after a while,be careful and read a couple of reviews,maybe watch a few gameplays to see if it’s really your kind of game. It was also pretty buggy when I played it this summer. I still liked it tho. Not a great game but definitely not a bad one,it has a very good story and a satisfying shootout gameplay. Plus the soundtrack is awesome.

Because that’s actually what happened. Nobody outside of Poland knew about those until the games went mainstream. Then books got translated into more languages and they had games’ art on the cover to boost their recognition. Sapkowski can be salty all he wants but the games did him much good, even if he lost shitload of money in that initial deal. I mean, hell, he’s getting a legit TV series, that wouldn’t have happened without the games.

To start off simple, I’m creating a game called “Lester” where you go through a bunch of levels dodging obstacles while continuously moving forward. You play as this blue cube who used to be a normal person, until the Grinch came along with his goblins and turned everyone into cubes.

Indie game by Eleven Ship Games (of course). Once the game is finished and ready for uploading, I’ll make a website for ESG.

Q: Why did you even put this message here?
A: To see if anyone would be interested in playing it, Kappa.

Also, La tragedie’s cancelled. I’d like to start 2D.

Ubisoft is giving away Watch_Dogs for free for PC starting today until 13-Nov. Use the below link to login and obtain your free copy!

https://freetrial.ubisoft.com/promotions/watch-dogs-1/8/

Recently bought the GTA trilogy (San Andreas, Vice City, GTA III), and I’m really enjoying it. Been playing Vice City, and I fucking love the soundtrack and vibrant color.

Also been addicted to Stardew Valley, which I have almost 50 hours in now. The game is so fun and it’s very addicting and there’s lots to do.

I finally finished The Witcher 3 base game. Pretty damn great altogether, even if I think the main plot wasn’t that great honestly. Rather like Fallout in my opinion, I feel like all the various side quests are just far more interesting to me than the main quest is, especially when I don’t like Ciri, or Yennefer for that matter, or practically any sorceress really.

Will be starting Hearts of Stone and then doing Blood and Wine, see how I get on with them.

Got a copy of Resident Evil 4 for the PlayStation 4.

Played it on the 3 a long time ago, beat the hell out of it and loved it. It has been nice to go back through after taking such a long break. I would buy the game again for VR. I think that’s the only thing it is missing-I hope they get around to doing that before I become too mature to invest hours into gaming.

The only real complaint I have about the game is the controls. they are so tank like. I still wish I could walk and aim. But put it in VR and it’s a thrill all over again.

I am officially boned. I have over 10 games to finish my lads,plus the ones coming out,and I don’t have much time cause I mostly play Hitman or Online with my pals. HOWAMIGONNABEATTHIS?

I’ve played Life is Strange, but I’m putting off Before the Storm, cause the base game had such an emotional effect on me after finishing, that I’m just not sure I want to put myself under right now.

And Mafia 3, as buggy as it is, has an incredible atmosphere to it, that completely redeems everything else. Shame it was written off so early by many. Can’t wait to play the DLCs sometime.

I felt exactly the same way.

I did still start playing Before the Storm a bit though, isn’t as good but probs gets better.

Has anyone bought and played BF2 yet?

I keep looking for reviews/discussions of the actual game, but most of them are drawn back into the controversy over how EA have structured the microtransactions.

Hahaha, i thought you meant Battlefield 2, but you are talking about Star Wars: Battlefront 2?

I haven’t bought it, so i don’t know how the microtransactions works, but i found this, maybe it will help?

But i find this a bit troublesome, since the loot crates can affect your gameplay :grimacing::

**Much of the discussion about Star Wars Battlefront II, particularly since its beta, has centered around the game’s microtransactions. While EA has made a welcome change in giving away all gameplay content–like the upcoming Last Jedi characters and maps–for free, it’s compensated by introducing a loot crate system. But whereas this can be relatively innocuous in other games, such as Overwatch, where you’re only obtaining skins and cosmetics, battlefront II’s crates have a meaningful impact on gameplay.