Prestige I, III, etc. Challenges

I’m at level 89 or 90, with full wall of weapons and gear, and most Challenges already completed. My goal is to hopefully complete all Challenges, including hitting Prestige I, III, and the others. My question is, once I activate Prestige on the laptop, and my weapon wall goes blank, do I automatically complete the Prestige I Challenge?

And how do I complete the next Prestige Challenge and so forth? Does the wall reset each time?

Yes, as soon as you activate Prestige, you’ll get that first challenge and lose all your weapons, tools and merces. Then you will need to fully repopulate all the non-Downloadable Content weapons and tools. Once that’s done, you can activate Prestige Level 2 on the laptop and so on and so forth. Each activation of the laptop will raise the counter on the Prestige trophy by 1 and completely remove all weapons, tools, and merces.

3 Likes

The wall will reset each time you activate prestige, but it’s worth mentioning that you can activate it at any moment of a campaign. What I like to do is activating it just before the final syndicate: that way if I manage to complete the campaign I’ll have a headstart with a legendary weapon and 30k merces, and if I can’t, I wouldn’t lose anything more than I would have by activating prestige at the start of a campaign.

4 Likes

If I’m not mistaken, you just need the weapons to prestige. The briefcase tools aren’t necessary, though you will lose whichever ones you have when you prestige.

Ah okay I understand everything now. Thank you, folks!

Before the final overall syndicate, or just the final showdown within the final syndicate?

I’m happy to be wrong about that. Chances are you’ll have all the tools fully restocked well before you have all the weapons on the weapon wall back so I just assumed you’d have to have the tools too.

Yeah sorry I meant final showdown. That way you can still use anything you want for the other missions in the syndicate, and even if alerted the final showdown isn’t too hard to do “naked” if you’re cautious and pick a map with strong civilian disguises like Miami or Paris.

1 Like

Fun fact: If after advancing to Level 10, you don’t feel like collecting the items again to continue playing: Alt+F4 (or your console equivalent). Like all challenges, it is insta-saved as being completed - but the act of actually advancing your Prestige Level isn’t saved until you either exit to the menu or load into the next mission.

When you load back into Freelancer, you’ll be back at Level 9 and have all items once again.