The Upcoming Hideout: Will 47 have a pet?

They’ll finally add a currency system, but it will only be used to buy food for your Hideout Pet™.

Diana will remind you to feed your pet during every mission.

6 Likes

i might have misread it, but i thought he kept the canary specifically as a feathery intruder alarm rather than as a companion.

2 Likes

Perhaps, but I don’t think canaries work that way. They’re famous for recognising carbon monoxide earlier than humans, but I haven’t found anything that claims canaries will react similarly to strangers in the home. They are apparently smart enough to tell the difference between strangers and familiar faces, and be taught tricks, but I don’t think they’d work well as an intruder alarm, certainly not as well as a budgie, cockatiel, etc might if sufficiently trained.

Also, bonus canary fact: An article I found talking about them claims they’re ideal pets for starter birdkeepers ;_;

3 Likes

You mean passing out and or dying before humans will do so. It makes sense that we did this in our history, but it’s also very sad and I’m glad we have sensors now.

3 Likes

I think I’d like if 47 had another canary or another similar sized bird and/or another rabbit. It’s already been established that he likes them so why not stick to it?

2 Likes

As sad as it commonly was, because humans can be awesome and bond with everything (especially if it’s something we will work with everyday for hours) some mines had a Canary Resuscitator to keep them alive after their initial pass out.

Not common, certainly more the exception than the rule, but still nice.

I will leave this article from the Museum of Science and Industry for anyone who wishes to know more.

6 Likes

in real life, sure, but i think it does in the game (freaking out at diana’s approach, for example) and it definitely does in the film blood money is - i assume - referencing; the hugely influential le samouraï.

main character, jef, is a hitman (jef the hitman. seriously). he has a canary. when he gets back to his hideout and finds the canary’s feathers all over the bottom of the cage, he knows there have been intruders. won’t spoil it. great movie, despite the main character’s banal name.

edit: awesome canary facts btw!

2 Likes

God, I hope not. It’s not a very pleasant history that he has with them.

1 Like

That’s not…but… :flushed:

1 Like

I’ve never read something so endearing and disturbing simultaneously.

1 Like

back in blood money he had a yellow bird in a cage hopefully the next pet will be a dog or cat

1 Like

Maybe if there are no pets there will at least be plushies (bunny ones) :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Diana is his only needed .:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: just joking!

2 Likes

A most beautiful conclusion to WoA would be if 47’s safehouse pet is revealed to be none other than Carlton Smith locked in a cage, caught and kept by 47 in an effort to save Agent Smith from himself. A touching ending to their dynamic in WoA.

4 Likes

And if 47 thinks someone’s about to break in, he had to snap Smith’s neck to keep him quiet.

3 Likes

I don’t know about 47, but I wonder what pets Diana would keep? I’m thinking a white cat à la Blofeld.

1 Like

She already has a pet. A hairless Romanian mix, trained to serve as a companion but also to attack aggressively.

7 Likes

Will 47 have a pet?

realistically, if anything he’ll have those birds in a cage from Haven, seeing as it’s cheaper and easier to reuse assets. maybe they could recolor them to look like canaries. that would be cute.

6 Likes

Could also be the rats that those researchers had in the Sapienza lab.

3 Likes

47 will have a bunny.

5 Likes