Official Community GLUTTONY Featured Contracts Submissions [CLOSED]

Contract ID: 3-29-6004982-01

Platform: Xbox One

Submitter Name: Pootis.exe

Contract Title: Something Stronger

Briefing:

Gluttony is a mindless overindulgence. An overindulgence that is constantly tightening its grip.

These clubbers are seeking their usual fix, but they always need more and more to satiate their ever-growing appetites. The duplicitous dealer, of course, is always happy to oblige.

They don’t care that each hit is stronger and deadlier than the last. Their gluttony betrays them to the dealer’s silver tongue, and so, no matter the danger, they will happily follow him to their doom.

Brief Description:

While gluttony is typically attributed to food, it is often used to describe overindulgence of something in a more general sense. It can therefore also be attributed to drug addiction, as drug addiction is, in a physical sense, an uncontrollable overconsumption of drugs. Thematically, my contract explores the ever-increasing demands of said drug addiction; symbolically depicted through assassinations using increasingly powerful weaponry.

The main challenge of this contract revolves around acquiring the necessary equipment to carry out the eliminations, and then getting the targets into a suitable position. All of the weapons required (excluding the Explosive Device) can be acquired within the map itself without needing to pacify or eliminate anyone, but running off to fetch them may cost the player valuable time. The player must therefore decide which weapons they want to bring with them and which to acquire within the level. The Explosive Device must be smuggled in as it cannot be obtained within the level without voiding Silent Assassin (although if you don’t have enough mastery to have unlocked any explosives, you probably aren’t ready for Featured Contracts anyway). It is possible to bring all four of the necessary weapons within the player’s loadout, but doing so requires the player to start from the radio tower, which will prevent most players from achieving the best times. The player is therefore likely to be forced to use non-silenced weapons to complete the contract, which adds a whole other layer of challenge.

Once the player has the weapons, they must eliminate the dealer, don his disguise, and engage the targets. None of them are in isolated environments however, so the player must find a way to lure them to a more secluded area; the briefing providing a clue on how to do so (the player can offer drugs to the targets when disguised as the dealer). Doing this the intended way is not compulsory of course and players have plenty of room to experiment.

I also added a ‘No Pacifications’ complication in order to prevent players from just knocking out their targets and just stuffing them all into one room to eliminate one-by-one (which would make the contract way too easy). The dealer is also Any/Any so that players are free to begin the contract in whatever way they wish. Silent Assassin is possible, but should pose a decent challenge.

Also did you notice the pun in the briefing? “Each hit is stronger than the last.” Get it? Because ‘a hit’ can mean taking drugs, but it can also mean… an assassination… ah, nevermind.

Image Suggestion:

It could be 47 engaging one of his targets while disguised as the dealer, or it could be him luring them away. I also quite like the image I used for the poster at the top. I’ve added said image, along with some others I took, in the drop-down menu below.

Photos

4 Likes