Official Community URBEN Featured Contracts Submissions [CLOSED]

could you DM me the location so I can go ahead and remake both versions?

1 Like

The Ghost of Urben Past
1-30-3088339-89
The Ghost of Urben Past (ver 2.0)
1-30-7511717-89

2 Likes

What is urban featured contracts?

2 Likes

every month there is a submission page for community contracts. this time the contracts are being picked my community content creator/moderator Urben.

1 Like

got it in 1:40.

i recorded it but shadowplay decided to record my second monitor instead :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here’s an Icon

13 Likes

Why do you like long timelimits so muxh

2 Likes

:rofl:

I don’t like them either unless it’s a “One minute challenge” or something along those lines.

As a fellow Xbox player who has played all of your contracts @Canucklehead , I have to ask what you’re thinking here…

And if you want a required exit, I’d put it in the briefing.

I probably like bamboozle contracts more than most of you but time limits and hidden exits are unnecessary.

@Urben feel free to delete this if you believe it’s harsh criticism.

@Heepo great work on recreating all (?) of the non PC contracts. I hope you get some type of reward. I’ll keep throwing hearts your way.

4 Likes

Awesome Contract Sniff, I really enjoyed this one… my stopwatch - 5 min 35 secs … SONKO with no bullet distraction.

1 Like

i should have all of them, if i missed yours let me know

its pretty fun recreating all of them, i might do it for the future submissions

3 Likes

V2.0 was more a test if the exit was visible or not. I didn’t have character space let to add it in the briefing, so I will need to rework the briefing for v2.1 (the briefing Is a copy/paste). Plus, with the hidden exit, I did the base contact first in the event Urben actually considers my contract and decides to not use that complication.

I wasn’t expecting a submission this month, and this was quickly assembled. I wanted to tie-in Urben’s in game appearance. Given his love of explosives, I created a narrative where one backfired. As Urben was a cook on Haven, that limited him to a contract on Dubai or Chongqing (Dartmoor is limited for narrative options). A spirit revenge seemed better, so the ICA data facility was chosen.

Pitchford became the obvious selection for a former handler. And had to make the narrative with an explosive accident.

Fong was for a cathartic release, got tired of her asking about her friend.

Lin is wrong place, wrong time. If the sewer exit is not used, she is by a quick exit for a timed contract.

Aside from explosives, I did consider adding a couple of sniper kills to reference Urben having the highest Sniper Assassin score for the appearance. However, decided a streamlined approach was best.

Because Urben was a cook, No Disguise was chosen.

Time was to imply to internal conflict of 47 rejecting Urben’s control. I did consider 7:06 (6:66) for the possession limit, but decided people might not get the reference without the mental math, or people might be offended depending on religious beliefs. I also briefly consider a play on it with 6:47, but that was quickly dismissed as I find contracts that use the :47 time cliché. So I rounded to 7:00.

Sewer exit is for Urben’s return to the underworld (and also 6ft under).

This is more about Urben than a holiday theme, other than stating the date in the briefing and a play on the Ghost of Christmas Past. I actually don’t think of this as a strong contender, unless Urben likes the self-deprecating humour.

(Side Note: I need to spend a bit more time over the holidays with the H3 maps and get some more contract ideas my notes for ideas is low, and I only have a couple of ideas for Dartmoor and Berlin.)

1 Like

Impressive. Thanks for playing it.

3 Likes

Santa’s Little Sniper
(yeah I get it another contract was just submitted with a very similar name shhhhh)

ID: 1-31-5992147-81
edit: it’s on PC

This contract was inspired by the classic Christmas movie “A Christmas Story”, where all the main character wants for Christmas is a BB gun. So, of course, it’s a sniper contract. It’s 100% possible to do No Bodies Found and Silent Assassin. There are quite a few (OPTIONAL) complications that are just there to try and get you to do it the correct way (using a sniper rifle)
(It’s also a remake of another contract I made a while back but I made it more structured and not annoying)

Briefing:
We have some people here who have been naughty this year! Give them the gift they want most, a Red Ryder BB Gun! You’ll shoot their eye out!
A puzzle/sniper contract that requires a bit of luring and distraction to get your targets to where they won’t be seen.
Good luck!

Image:

Thanks!

3 Likes

These two contracts are essentially the same. They have the same elimination conditions but different disguise requirements. This is for a few reasons. Partially, as some of my earlier posts indicate, I’m not a fan of locking people into suit only so they must cosplay Santa because it’s December. Mostly, I realized after making the first one that most of the starting locations gave certain advantages that the suit ones didn’t. The suit starts are still useful in their way but I didn’t want to deny the player the freedom that the other start locations offered. I think I prefer the any disguise one but it’s up to you in the end.

Anyway, on to the contracts:

Theme: Gift giving and regifting and giving again and… uh… It’s gifts, ok? A big part of Christmas is giving and receiving presents and that’s what you do in both of these. The targets each received each others’ gifts so it’s your job to make sure the right present ends up with the right recipient. These both “present” relatively simple little challenges at each target and each target is in a sequence; they’re one of those where you use tools near one target to eliminate the next. Speaking of, these can both be completed with no load out (and no pacifications but there are no complications); everything you need is scattered throughout the level. It’s truly magical.

Target Locations (applies to both)

Most of the targets stay relatively stationary with the exception of Yuan Lin. She roams the street and I can’t tell you where she’ll be at any given moment. Also, I still don’t know what JSON is or how it works (I’m tech savvy but not that tech savvy) so, hopefully, the map pictures are helpful enough. :sweat_smile:

Contract Image (applies to both)

Either of these two but something like them will do.

“The True Meaning of Christmas”, Xbox One, 3-30-3624581-59; PC, 1-30-4492020-89 (thanks @Heepo)

Briefing and Objectives:

“How the Hitman Saved Christmas, Xbox One, 3-30-3052607-59; PC, 1-30-2818324-89 (thanks @Heepo)

Briefing and Objectives:

3 Likes

Xbox : 3-30-7664030-50

6 Likes

How The Hitman Saved Christmas
1-30-2818324-89
The True Meaning Of Christmas
1-30-4492020-89
I like the any disguise one more, but both are good. i like managing getting the scissors/scrap sword before Lin is in an annoying spot. it adds some fun pressure

1 Like

@Heepo Hoping you can give my contract a PC version?

Contract ID (Xbox): 3-28-1106974-80

(It didn’t show up here cause I DM’d Urben since I couldn’t post images as a new member)

2 Likes

Same. You can pick most of the starting locations and it’ll probably help you in some way; something the suit one doesn’t offer. Btw, it’s really annoying that they close the shortcuts in creation mode.

Anyway. Glad you enjoyed and thanks for the recreations!

1 Like

i don’t have an xbox so would you mind sending me the target names, briefing, title, and general target locations? I’ll recreate it asap.

1 Like

Both targets are in the first floor library

Briefing:
Seasons greetings 47, Patrick Carlisle is a holiday fanatic and a sucker for Christmas music. He has also been flirting with Elaine Sutton, getting her on the Christmas bandwagon. This obsession of theirs is driving the whole house mad. Your mission is to eliminate them with inconspicuous accidents and return peace to the mansion. Happy holidays 47, (Hint: Let those sleigh bells ring)

Title: Jingle Bells!

@Heepo

1 Like