Official Community URBEN Featured Contracts Submissions [CLOSED]

Festive (Urben)

:christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree:

ID, briefing in the same formatting as the contract, conditions:

Festive theme link: For my first festive contract, I wanted to explore the religious aspect of the holidays. The map really complements the briefing and vice versa. Chongqing feels like a cold place when 47 arrives there. It’s also… night! This somewhat eerie briefing, given the murder, puts a new light on Chongqing by making 47 this divine force strangling the “shepherds”. You could even argue the shepherds are represented by Zirko and Tedrow, who “herd” the unfortunate into their trap.
Bonus link: Urben’s briefings are profound. In some ways, the contracts themselves are the garnishing to the briefing. Take the latest contract, Diorama, for example. It touches on a lot of things in 500 characters. I’ve tried my best to echo this by having the lowly shepherds, with FW kill conditions, and heaven afar, symbolised by the any/anys above.
What I generally liked about the final outcome: SN has a lot of options for a lot of players. Last night I showed this contract to Crewdy on his twitch stream, and he went with one of many different plausible strats. You could start at the balcony, get the any/any kills, head down for the others. You could start as a block guard, grab Zirko and swiftly grab the other three. You could start as a dumpling cook and move Zirko to the end, if you wanted. You could even disregard proxemics in this contract and pistol snipe the any/anys for a great leaderboard spot! I also feel like I haven’t forced a tranq. Bai and Zirko both have folk near them, but it is completely up to the player what to do with them. With Bai, perhaps hit the other NPC over the head in front of him? With Zirko, why not wait and not even touch his colleague at all? I think this was a real good one, and I’m proud to submit for it’s chance under the sun (snow?).

Image Suggestion

Very proud of this one. Big shoutout to Weiyuan Bai for helping me out with the mist effect by smoking.

Where to find the targets

Weiyuan Bai stands by the top of the main staircase with a woman.

Dean Zirko stands in the rain by the arcade.

Doug Downer is the sniper on the laundromat.

Martin Tedrow is opposite the laundromat, guarding the roof.

:christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree:

Theme link: For my second contract, I wanted to explore the merry side through Christmas. Given the recent re-release of Holiday Hoarders, I couldn’t resist to make a contract around the Santa suit. What better map to pair it with than a big house he may visit? Santa, of course, would never reward delinquency, so why not make the kills ironic for the targets? I think it’s neat.
What I generally liked about the final outcome: I am very happy with my target locations and choices. All of them have an exit nearby, and if you wish to go with Flynn consumed then you can kill the others while/if you wait. The targets are also quite well embedded, but not in a way that prevents players from being creative. All items can be found on the map, so why not play no loadout? Perhaps the real gift/murder weapon was already with them all along.

Image Suggestion (thanks bgyorok)

Where to find the targets

Harvey Wells guards near the hearse exit.

Blake Holland is using a rake near the bridge exit.

Flynn Sharp is the photographer.

5 Likes