Unpopular Opinions About Other Games/Series

:grimacing: Jesus I hope not

I didn’t know it was Opposite Day today.

can’t like it I ran out

1 Like

Bioshock is a mediocre game with awful controls, it’s only redeeming quality is in the form of Rapture as a concept. The last boss battle is as exciting as the gameplay.

2 Likes

Actually the data is an even split almost but I think both endings are poor. One is an insanely bad case of shaggy dog story while giving a narrative quick fix that goes against the games messaging. The other is a rush job that gives an arbitrary heavy narrative toll for what should be the choice that suits the game’s narrative.

I fell thinking the game even has a good ending defeats the purpose of the game’s ending even if they were executed brilliantly. It is a trolley problem on a massive scale either way you are doing a good thing but it is how you justify what you did where all the good data lies.

Oh and Mass Effect 3 is still a good game even if it has a terrible ending.

Okay unpopular opinion then :wink: I don’t want another Dark Souls or Bloodborne

Often sequels are pale imitations of originals. I rather FromSoft continues making unique and fantastic originals like Sekiro

1 Like

telltale games are mediocre
sekiro is the best thing fromsoftware has made
zelda games are overrated (aside from BOTW)
there is no good mmo
we will get HL3 eventually, i speak it into the universe

4 Likes

Tales From the Borerlands is the best game in the series or at least second best.

2 Likes

Half-Life: Alyx. Does anyone remember that game exists? I haven’t even played it and I know it exists.

i don’t have VR so

Resident Evil should have ended with Nemesis.

I’m sick and tried of the first-person perspective trend that games have taken. It turned me off to Cyperpunk 2077 and I dread that Resident Evil Village will be in first-person so I’m less likely to buy it.

2 Likes

I got some bad news for you.

Maybe I should have said that differently, but I know. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’d like to believe that destiny was what brought the series of events to occur for Max and Chloe. Regardless I think your point is a little skewed on the fact that both endings is morally poor just by that the options presented to us can’t be looked into by invented choices.

In the case of destiny both endings can’t ever be good because they were never morally good. It’s like opening a can of worms in a way - the more you delve into it the more it becomes increasingly cold and grey. As an example if you choose to sacrifice Chloe it’s implied she died thinking Rachel and Max abandoned her.

Perhaps the first game isn’t the best example for cold realism. Life is Strange 2 makes a good portrayal of harsh world events whereas Life is Strange is more girlish tone.

True enough, in the end we wind up perceiving the endings our own way. I guess that is why it can have such an impact on people. if nothing else it succeeds in making you question yourself and make you think about the story. I wonder what would have happened if Dontnod didn’t run out of money to make the endings.

I think the contrary, the first game is filled with choices that have severe impacts and choices that are mutually bad. I haven’t played 2 so I can’t really say anything though.

Ooooh, I’ve just thought of an unpopular opinion that is a particular bugbear of mine: I hated (and I can’t express exactly how much I hated) the song “Unshaken” in Red Dead Redemption 2, and it ruined my experience of the game whenever it played.

1 Like

Did I hear a thunder?
Did I hear you break?

Me 30 Days worth of playtime in RDR2 when my horse gets shot cause the story said so:

1 Like

Why 2 in particular?

Final Fantasy never appealed to me either. For one, I’m not a fantasy fan, and second, pretty much anything with an anime art style turns me away immediately and I have to look for other reasons to play a game that utilizes it. Needles to say I thus have this issue with the vast majority of Japanese games, but am slowly trying to somehow overcome it…

I think it’s mainly the worst thing to happen to GTA players/fans. That and Social Club + Rockstar Launcher.

??? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

:+1: I am sooo happy SEGA ported the whole series to PC (wish Konami learned from that…). I only have Yakuza 0 and have installed and played a bit of it this week, and will definitely be getting the rest of the series in the future, especially given the favourable prices for it. Hopefully Judgment will get ported as well.

Not sure if this is necessarily an “unpopular” opinion :slightly_smiling_face: Surely quite a few people would back it. Shame PW gets overlooked so much as a sort of side game (cause of its PSP nature), despite being basically indispensable for GZ and TPP. Haven’t played it yet though…

Also, on the topic of MGS, I think MGS1 is a crappy stealth game and is overrated not only within the genre, but also in general. And yes, I have specific reasons for it.

1 Like