Community Trials 2.0 (€40 in prizes)

A fantastic run I’m still impressed by. Just some people really grinded for lower times :wink:

Will be announcing winners and the new trial a little later today. Work is hectic again :upside_down_face: (I should really write all the posts in the morning before work, but I’m also very lazy, so)

7 Likes

I’m not sure it is needed, but I added commentary explaining my strategy in my YouTube video description. I think I did more or less the same strategy as the winners, just worse execution.

8 Likes

Hope you’ve all enjoyed your little trip to Colorado (though we won’t the US just yet). So here’s the results

Highest Scorer (€30)

The grind was strong with RedFox5000 this week. Taking a run of 1:08 all the way down to an astonishing 1:03. The commitment was real and it was very well done

Also you gotta love this thumbnail :smile:

Random Run (€10)

Once more RNG shines down on someone, this time it happens to be another pro speedrunner with a fabulous score, @solderq35. You can check out their run just above :wink:

I’ll DM all about prizes

Thanks to everyone who took part this week :green_heart: as always, hope you all had fun. Next trial incoming soon

17 Likes

6 Likes

Haha, thanks Contractor! Loved the Contract, and I had an awesome time figuring it out. I’ll come back later with a sub 1 as well, so I’m not quite done yet! Looking forward to the next trial!

5 Likes

Well we’re staying in the US. And if you’ve been on the discords you’ve probably seen this miscreant hanging about, it’s @nmokey!

Community Trial #5: Breaking and Entering (April 27 - 07)

Hello, 47.
It’s come to our attention that 3 residents of Whittleton Creek are conspiring to overturn an upcoming local election. Our client has asked us to infiltrate Nolan Cassidy’s gun room and eliminate his 3 teammates with his weapons. Poetic, don’t you think?
Good luck.

Again please read the objectives above and rules in the original post carefully before submitting any runs

For Recreation

My laptop is currently out for repairs so hopefully next week’s Trial should come uninterrupted but we’ll see (so I won’t tease anyone just yet) :green_heart:

16 Likes

PC ID is 1-22-8094459-28.

A bit of clarification: You are allowed to use and bring dart guns and any other tools you need (this is not a no-loadout). Between picking up the Assault Rifle and eliminating Samir Chandra, you can put the AR on your back (holstering it) but not drop or conceal it. Keep in mind you aren’t allowed to change disguises so what you begin with is what you’re stuck as.

Anything else goes, good luck!

13 Likes

I’ll admit, I didn’t play the last one because it seemed way out of my league. I attempted it a few tries, but couldn’t figure out a good route and kills where I’d need to be at the tower.
At least I can watch everyone’s expert plays now though.

And this contract looks more my style.

5 Likes

This is my submission for Community Trials #5 by @TheContractor Breaking and Entering by @nmokey

I really enjoyed the “Poetic Justice” complication and the selection of targets among many witnesses in plain sight was very well executed!!!

P.S. I will upload my video strategy near the end of this trial so that all Agents will have the chance to solve this great puzzle contract on their own.Can’t wait for the best speedrunning Agents to solve this contract in extraordinary ways I can’t even imagine , while I pray once again on RNG gods for that 10€ prize :smiley:

6 Likes

Xbox: 3-22-2953276-76
This time I’ll actually try and submit :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Just for clarification, is it allowed to holster the rifle on your back?

2 Likes

Here is the answer you were looking for.It was posted above your question.:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Oh I’m just blind, nevermind then.

3 Likes

1:39, now just to hope it’ll count. Did choke a bit near the end so 1:30 (or less) should be feasible.

Annoyingly though I forgot to mute on shadowplay so it was recording a non-existent mic so sadly theres a constant beeping sound.

Edit: Got 1:30, and this time without 47 having tinnitus.

4 Likes

Hey, great times! Glad to see we came up with something for Aiden Kelly, was worried he was going to be too annoying. Looking forward to seeing your runs! Wonder if we’ll break sub 1 haha (edit: after discussing with some people, we probably won’t)

4 Likes

Yeah it’s really not a pretty run, seeing as it uses the tranq glitch, but unless the trials also use the speedrun.com rules, it’s not breaking any rules.
https://youtu.be/vWhr92JFCn0
https://youtu.be/lI04Fh3lpJ0

2 Likes

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: yeah, it’s been unspoken up until this point but tranq glitch is considered by most to be a illegitimate method of play and for the sake of fairness to all isn’t an accepted strat for Community Trials either

2 Likes

Fair enough, gonna try the other idea(s) I had then.
My god the cameras are making me insane, and honestly I’d say Samir is worse than Aiden. The amount of times he made Rudolf go to the more annoying area instead of the more favorable one has caused several restarts.

2 Likes

Pretty satisfied with the time, especially since I am on console, but even with non-sniper sniping I really enjoyed the contract!

3 Likes

Just watched the run, interesting route but seeing as how it uses multiple tranq glitches for the kills I don’t think it can be accepted as a legitimate route :frowning:

1 Like