Hey forum, long-time lurker here.
After completing all “official” content in Hitman and Hitman 2 I’m looking to contracts to keep the magic going. There are a lot of good contracts scattered in various HMF threads and Reddit discussions. Unfortunately the game doesn’t provide effective tools to find these gems among the huge amount of low-effort content.
I’m a freelance web developer and have been thinking about a project to help the community (and myself) with finding and discussing great player-created contracts. I would appreciate your feedback on the idea.
The “Contracts” feature of Hitman (2) is a great way to keep playing after exhausting all the official content. However, discovering good contracts is difficult.
- Majority are low-effort or test contracts.
- The “Most Played” and “Trending” categories favors low-effort contracts aimed at specific challenges and achievements.
- Contracts need to be manually ported to each platform.
- No way subscribe to players who create high-quality content.
The idea: create a web-based platform for sharing, rating and discovering great user-created contracts.
Show proposed features
- Register/Login via third-party provider.
- Microsoft Live?
- No email/password login for the first version, keeping things simple.
- Adding contracts
- Enter ID, briefing, targets, complications.
- System will determine contract platform and destination based on ID.
- Porting contracts to other platforms
- Allow users to copy/port contracts to other platforms.
- Get detailed steps on how to reproduce the original contract (target order, etc.)
- Users may add ported contract IDs to original contract.
- Ported contracts can be “approved”, either by original contract creator or by other users.
- Goal: have an “official” version of the contract on every platform.
- Rate contracts
- Allow users to rate a contract
- Scale 1 (bad) to 5 (great)?
- Promote users with many ratings to “critic”?
- Integrate a rating system similar to RottenTomatoes with critic and user scores?
- Goal: have a category of “certified fresh” contracts with high-quality content.
- Allow users to add a comment with (or without) their rating?
- Needs to be moderated, adds liability.
- Allow creators to add (pre-defined?) tags to a contract, e.g. “puzzle” or “sniper”.
- Contract collections?
- Create a collection and add any contract.
- Great for grouping contracts by theme.
- Maybe “subscribe” to collection?
- Contract runs?
- Allow users to add a “run” of the contract with video.
- Upload an image with your contract?
- Probably not in first version, adds a lot of complexity and liability.
- Try to use Hitman servers for importing contracts?
- Just enter a contract ID, app will pull data from Hitman servers.
- Would be perfect but probably isn’t possible. (I suspect game/server communication is encrypted or at least needs authentication.)
- Investigate requests the game sends when adding a contract by ID.
- Try to contact IOI regarding some kind of API access. (Unrealistic)
- Add contracts to your favorites.
- Subscribe to other contract creators and get notified when they post new contracts.
- Content moderators?
- Keep an eye on contract names and briefings.
- Remove/hide malicious or low-effort contracts.
- Needs to be a team effort, would like to focus on development.
Would You Join?
What do you think about a platform like this? Would you add your contracts? Rate other people’s contracts? Or be a moderator on the platform?
Looking forward to a discussion!