After Agent 47

This is a topic no Hitman fan wants to discuss but its a must. Another user on the forum brought up a very good point. David Bateson is getting old. So is Agent 47. There will come a time when bateson retires and stop lending his voice and perhaps that is when our bald killer clone should hang up his suit per se and call it quits as well. Mr.47, Tobias Reiper, Whitebread, (death of a showman lol) he goes by many names but what makes him well… Him?

Hes a cold and calculated killer with much history behind him. Many games and stories have been told. But there comes a point when you can’t exactly tell anything NEW with his character in terms of emotions and whatnot without having long time fans scratching their heads and discussing wether “47 would do that”.

I mean we are at the perfect time to introduce a new clone to be a protagonist. The HITMAN 3 story could go anywhere. But after that? Im personally intrigued with the idea of 47s DNA being stolen and used against him in a smart way. Sergei had control of Mr. 17 and he attempted to attack 47 directly. What a stupid waste of man at equal talents of 47. Sergei shouldve went after the ICA with Agent 17.

Anyways a new younger clone could take over as the new Tobias Reiper and I would be perfectly ok with that. Executed properly though? I wouldnt just be ok with it. I’d be very happy.

1 Like

There is no Hitman without 47.

11 Likes

And there is no 47 without David Bateson :wink:

I respect your opinion though I love 47. I just thought it would be the BEST way to retire 47 respectfully and maintain the signature look of HITMAN. (bald killer clone in suit and tie)

1 Like

Than there will be no more Hitman, this is almost 20 year old franchise. Soner or later it will end.

2 Likes

I hope the people at IOI are a bit more open minded than that to be honest. I respect your opinion in regards to 47 but I think its a nonsense train of thought to think the series has to end when 47 is gone.

5 Likes

No dude! This is too soon to talk about the ending of 47…

The series just awakened up from the Absolution downfall, David Bateson still got it and is willing to get involved more into the franchise, and the devs are now independant and more motivated than ever to bring a great HITMAN experience.

So i think we are very far away from ending 47, and i’m so glad to see his adventures still going :+1:

Long live IOI and Agent 47!

11 Likes

Our profile pictures look like 47 owns a time machine.

1 Like

I would like to see 47 really dies in the end of HITMAN 3
I guess that would make a really dark Ending for the journey that 47 started years ago
He can finally find some peace after HITMAN 3
But after that I want him back for the next game
Maybe a total reboot with changing the whole clone story and make something different out of it

1 Like

I’d like to see him sail off into the sunset(figuratively) And in the sequels where we play as a new clone, we hear stories and easter eggs of 47 still being out there taking on contracts.

2 Likes

Though I appreciate your hypothetical I must confess that this is inevitable, but in this case the game series is dependent on the V.O in other words Bateson. Bateson voice and mannerisms as 47 are timeless and with that after Bateson is gone HITMAN and the character of 47 would follow along with it. Like Metal Gear, HITMAN will come to its conclusion eventually, but with that it won’t be anytime soon. IO won’t kill off 47 after HITMAN 3 solely because he isn’t disposable similar to Lucas Grey and or anyone implemented in the Trilogy.

10 Likes

True. I guess I filled my head with what I thought would very interesting story. Perhaps a game with a more in depth narrative but not enough to restrict gameplay like Absolution did. I can see us playing as both 47 and this other Clone Assassin that was created using his DNA unbeknownst to him. So at one point in the story they cross paths and 47 has no other choice but to kill him.

1 Like

Yes David is still killing it, but we even see here in the HITMAN Forums (where you would expect to find most of the diehard fans) and you see all over the place the complaints about the stories. People will never be satisfied as long as they can compare it to the older games. Eventually David will quit. Could be a year from now or twenty years from now. Either way he will stop portraying 47. Seeing someone else portray 47 again like the countless versions of Bond or Jack Ryan would not settle well with me personally.

I personally want to see David give a masterful showing of his craft and be there for the end of 47 since 47 must have an end. I would rather him go out on his own terms than for HITMAN to die due to a bad title. Like if there were no HITMAN after Absolution that would have been a very sad ending to the franchise IMO. I personally want to see the end of 47. Just like Logan showed us the end of Wolverine. Its not like we can’t have more wolverine stories. Or that they cant reboot the series or something. But the David generation of HITMAN needs a resolution, and I think David has to do it.

There is thousands of stories they could write to make it all work, like Andre said, with another clone. or down to 47 mentoring an upstart assassin whatever. There has to be more to the story after 47. Otherwise the stories 47 does will only increase that gap in the fans that ask “would 47 even do that?” you are already seeing that a lot here, in this game. I think with every game with 47 in it going forward that will continue.

Give me 47s swan song. I nice goodbye to the character. But dont end the series to do it. The Series is too good to kill off just because the character died.

5 Likes

David Bateson is great, but I think it’s quite possible to replace him with a decent voice actor, if there would be no other way. I mean, some random dudes from YouTube make pretty good impersonations of him.

2 Likes

I just want a female playable character

As long as we get a peaceful but sweet ending like we did in Hitman 2: Silent Assassin. Then I’m fine with that as sad as it would be to see the end of a legend, atleast give 47 the ending he deserves when the time comes.

7 Likes

The only good ending I see is 47 living his days peacefully as a gardener at the Gontranno church.

7 Likes

New voice actor. 47 is what makes Hitman unique and have a personality. He is faceless, timeless, ageless and has no identity. I’m sure Bateson will pass on his legacy to someone worthy when the time comes, some fictional character removals/deaths just do not work.

1 Like

nah. if he’s still out there
why not playing as 47 again
what’s the point of changing the character from a bald cold blooded killer to another younger one with less experiences than 47 ?

2 Likes

maybe as an option it will be reincarnation,
a new body ( new face, new voice too) and some old memory of the past

1 Like

I think they could make a Hitman game without 47 talking at all and it would still work

4 Likes