Agent 47: Birth of the Hitman Comic Book

What's New?

Seems good, do you know if it will be available in Portugal?

Great i will look forward to this comic book. I really hope they do the character and story credit and nothing that goes against the established canon, this is my biggest fear for the comic adaption. Also do anyone know if it’s one issue or a mini series?

S2 being a comic confirmed!

Exactly, a comic could turn out to be a very good format to present the original plot. This is more promising than having a new movie come out.

A comic I’d actually read… :smirk:

Cant say this excites me, i like comics but i have my doubts about this.
As always i will keep an open mind and we’ll find out soon how it turns out.

A comic tragedy if you ask me.

Definitely gonna get it. And I am no avid comic reader.
Nice!

“47 is struggling to free himself and his friend, 6, from the mysterious Institute which has bred them as killers since they were kids.”

Unfortunately not. I was going to make this thread actually when I read about the comic book. The artist has played the games and seen the movies and read the novels, and seems to want to mesh the lore. I don’t think it’s going to be canon consistent.

“47 and his handler, Diana Burnwood, are a team responsible for some of the most ruthless, efficient and untraceable assassinations across the globe. But before they were operatives of the shadowy International Contracts Association, 47 and Burnwood were on their own separate paths in life – streets lined with blood, bullets and revenge. As 14-year-old Diana begins a mission to track down the people who killed her parents, 47 is struggling to free himself and his friend, 6, from the mysterious Institute which has bred them as killers since they were kids. With a story that stretches from the heartland of America to the Berlin Wall, Lone Wolves will trace the birth of the legendary Hitman and the secret past of the woman behind him who pulls the string and knows just how hard taking a life truly is.”

I mean… as of Absolution, Diana’s mother was still alive, and in the novels, 47 kills 6. Plus 47 is eight years older than Diana, so if she’s 14 in this then he is 22. ICA stands for International Contract Agency… not Association lol – it’s been called the Agency since the beginning, how does a person get that wrong?

Anyway, it might be fun to read but I predict some big plot holes when it comes to the canon. I’m going to view it the same way as I view the novels – tie-in material, but not part of game canon.

Oh boy another bad adaption. I have no hopes that anything good will come out of this.

I was thinking the same thing! :thinking:

Let’s cross our fingers that it’ll actually stay true to the lore this time :grimacing: and that 47 is bald

But is it a comic book or an animated series?

It won’t stay true to the lore. :disappointed_relieved:

Comic book i believe :slightly_smiling_face:

Could be good even if it isn’t sticking close to the game’s lore.

Man… The plot sounds really bad. :unamused:

Well… the movies went against much of what we learned from the games, lore wise. I would hate for that to happen again as the original story as told by ioi is actually pretty damn good :sweat_smile: