Ambrose Island - Pre-release Discussion

Ah, thought that wasn’t necessary now that so much info is already out. My mistake. I’ll take care of it.

3 Likes

If she’s on this map, I will spit blood from the effort of rewriting her into the Unified Theory. But like happily lol

But yeah, anyone else very interested in “Do you know what it takes to keep a family afloat?” BECAUSE FAMILY COMES FIRST GUYS THE BILLBOARD PROPHESY IS COMING TRUE

11 Likes

I don’t know about Vanya Shah, but the voice and accent is familiar and definitely reminds me of female NPCs from Mumbai.

1 Like

I’m hoping Smith will be on the map and be useful to us like he always (well usually) is.

2 Likes

4 Likes

I’m still hoping for an Easter Egg in the Mansion, in Freelancer. At least.

Bonus if it’s a “world best dad” or “world best parents” mug with a joint photo of Diana, 47, and Victoria.

I love canon wielding.

9 Likes

I would love another map dont get me wrong, but having a free map brings this game’s count up to six and thats more than enough. Good for IOI

I am now fully onboard the theory that this is during Hitman 2’s timeframe with the Adamanan sea predictions, the use of “an old friend rectifying mistakes” in the description and ofc. the fact it seems we’re killing the militia for Grey who disbanded it pre-Sgail. I still liked my idea for having it be pre-Dubai, but gameplay wise if you put this after Haven youre playing two islands right next to eachother and that wouldnt make sense and itd also have the game’s levels be out of release order on the menu. If I had a genie lamp I’d wish for another map that shows Grey and 47 needing to maybe go to an airport or in the snow to conviscate a vehicle to get to Dubai but im perfectly happy with this because also if it was after Haven itd put all the DLC type maps in one timeframe that’d feel sort of inconsequential narratively? Im still a bit annoyed in an OCD sense that now every map will not be in chronological narrative order but I think what IOI will do to sort this is set it up that this map will be a flashback. Think about it, you beat Untouchable, the final cutscene rolls and then you get another tile for Ambrose. You click on it and the cutscene will probably be of 47 reminiscing on Grey, maybe burying him outside his new safehouse. Boom, you can flashback to any point in the timeline but still have it be after Hitman 3 and justified. You also can set this up as a true epilogue to Hitman 3. Grey sort of disappears from the narrative in Chongqing and Mendoza despite how important his death should be to 47 and this mission will be a way to have 47 be in mourning for Grey in a way we didnt see due to the fast pace of the main narrative. It also can have the mission itself when we flash back include a lot of pathos in its foreshadowing and itll fit the third game’s darker tone to have a look back on the good old days in 47’s eyes of working with his brother be tainted by the melancholy of the third game’s events affecting how he percieves things. A dark stormy night before both set in motion the events that would get Grey killed

1 Like

Why is that? Why would 47 going to two islands in sequence not make sense?

7 Likes

I bet Smith is in the jail cell area on this map, the poor guy is helpless lol

3 Likes

Mabye we have to take out some pirate family? Anyway, I can’t wait!! Location looks great, setting looks amazing and the target looks like a bad girl :smile:

I hope there are one or two more targets! Looking forward to this map!

It wouldnt make sense in a gameplay variety sense. Itd actually make total sense story and geography wise but its good to have contrast. Hence why in H2 you go from big racetrack to quiet jungle to bustling city to suburb to dark island, and in H3 you go from opulant skyscraper to dark english manor to pulsing nightclub to quiet rain drizzled neon soaked city

1 Like

Yeah but… this far in, who cares?

2 Likes

I think it would make sense in the sense that Haven and Ambrose are in the same part of the world: the Indian Ocean. Opposite sides of it, yes, but still there. If Ambrose is before Sgail, let’s say a month after Whittleton Creek, a month before Sgail, and then 47 and Grey are at Haven within a few days, no more than a week, after Sgail. It’d be like, we were just here! And a month before that I was here as well! We couldn’t have taken care of all this then? Having Ambrose take place after Haven, however the narrative might justify that, at least has them not travel very far to wrap up that business, then take off in the other direction to head to Dubai.

Not saying it will happen this way, but it works in the sense of keeping everything tight and not traveling back and forth to the same region of the world so soon after having finished another mission, with at least a couple months in between travels, including going back to the American northeast months after having left WC.

2 Likes

Variety-wise, Ok, I can see that argument. I think elsewhere I argued that game-play wise, they’re all islands, really. We can’t just walk off into the streets of Paris, or go visit the rest of Bangkok, or stop by the house up the road in New Zealand. Using an actual physical island just makes sense from a developer’s perspective since the water creates a natural boundary rather than needing a locked gate or some other sort of artificial reason for not being able to leave the area.

1 Like

I guess so, I don’t think the “old friend” is Smith, because which mistake should he do there and which gaps should be close? Maybe there will be some Easter Egg with Smith. But I think it’s more about some renegade members of Grey’s militia. Maybe Grey wanted to end the militia, but give people power and they don’t want to give it back. Maybe an E-Mail from the boss wasn’t enough for them and they stick to their goal, or formulate a new goal themselves :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

I mean you dont give up game design principles because you make a lot of levels

Yea I mean variety wise. I have no issue with an island in a Hitman level because I like getting a full location’s scope. I just meant if they put the island level in the level select next to another island a player doing a runthru will start to feel mechanical or visual repetition

1 Like

thats so 100% smith, i am fully aboard for no lucas 100% smith. he deserves it more too

6 Likes

Smith might be my fav character in the series. He’s so bumbling and ineffective, yet he always ends up ok and also sometimes proves very useful. He’s also gone through an alcoholism period. This puts him in stark contrast with 47 and Diana who appear to not have any real problems/don’t really make mistakes ever.

I also think it’s funny he’s now at INTERPOL instead of CIA. There is actually no such thing as an INTERPOL agent (despite what Hollywood keeps telling us), but I’d like to know more about him and what prompted the move. Maybe he got canned :joy:

9 Likes

Well, he never said he was an age to of INTERPOL, just that he was with INTERPOL, so who’s to say in what capacity.