Ambrose Island - Pre-release Discussion

YESSSS I knew I wasn’t going insane

I got it to fire the canon multiple times and then all of a sudden when I was ready for them it didn’t work I’ve spent hours on it :sob:

But IO please fix that

There’s a few issues with loading saves, and there’s also a boat that teleports around and blocks a few paths when doing so, kinda like the Sapienza speedboat but more annoying

1 Like

If I’m not mistaken this is the boat near the satellite right?
You find the keys in the same cave where the guard is sitting in front of the thing where you delete all records on the security cameras.
They are on the table

is there a place where you can see the requirements for all the redacted challenges, ive been busting my balls over “a kill to treasure” & “another one won’t hurt”

Someone made a post on Reddit with every redacted challenge, it should include the two aforementioned challenges.

7 Likes

Right, i uninstalled reddit of my phone about a year ago so i didnt see this

3 Likes

take a picture of Lance Hsu and give it to Farah or place it on Akka’s desk, this will cause Crest and Akka to meet and then go to the tower, loosen / shoot the gas canister before they meet at the tower and then wait

3 Likes

i assume that deals with both challenges, I placed lance hsu’s photo on the desk once but i also poisoned her whisky in the office. Which meant she never had a chance to call the meeting

It seems Ambrose Island is not in India but Indonesia…

2 Likes

The trick is to FIRST load the gunpowder, THEN the cannon ball. NOT the other way around. Then stick a micro explosive at the back, and you can detonate it remotely. However, save BEFORE you start this, if you save after and load again, the cannon will not fire.

5 Likes

Finally got to mastery level 20. I missed that feeling of playing a map for the first time. Despite not having mission stories there is plenty of creative kills and the secondary objective can be completed multiple ways which is nice, although in some runs it became kind of a chore.

The unlocks are meh, I kinda like the emetic grande because it explodes on contact instead of a few seconds after landing like the other emetic granades, so that might become my go to out of the three. The Molotov though I really liked, you can get fire kills but you can’t throw it too close or else it will be an explosion kill and you also have the risk of killing nearby NPCs so it’s balanced and can have more utility than the god knows how many explosives that nobody uses. I think they could have done something similar with the cheese phone to make less op.

5 Likes

I need to test this. Never exploded a cannon remotely before. Thanks!

2 Likes

Indeed, this is very neat. Too bad it doesn’t work when loading a save made afterwards… Still, gonna have some fun with this in the relevant missions.

Very efficient map. Does a lot with very little. Its free. Could use some polish with the cutscenes, some of the audio is buggy, could use a few mission stories and the classics challenges. Very nice amount of unlockables. This map has the same amount of challenges as Carpathian, and less than the Training levels.

7 Likes

To be fair with the comparison to Carparthian Mountains, the train has an escalation which adds the escalation tracks which brings the number of challenges up by like 18. Plus the classics aren’t there yet so in the menu screen, it would have 20+ more challenges if it gets the classics and an escalation. It definitely has more to do than the train.

7 Likes

Great points, you’re completely right.

Did someone mention Orson? :slight_smile: