for the last month or so Ive been working on a project of mine called “Andrea”. As stated in the title, it’s a stealth game inspired by hitman and I’m the only person working on the project.
Im working on the project in beta Unity 2019.1, and so far it’s been going great!
Ive gotten all the basic fundamentals done except for the distraction, inventory and shooting system, as well as a few other small details such as SFX
the training level is almost done and i’m going to post a playthrough of the level once i’ve finished up everything. unfortunately, the studio who created the AI controller doesn’t support beta builds of unity and a certain issue is stopping me from fixing the distraction system, so i’ll have to touch on that once it becomes an official release.
Heres a list of features that I plan to implement:
- Agility such as vaulting, climbing, etc.
- Distraction items such as coins, bottles and other items
- Stealth kill (basically subdue, but lethal)
- Fully working shooting system with a variety of guns
- Thermal vision (ill get to this later)
- Whistle distractions: make a small distraction by whistling, and attract all NPCs nearby
- Multiple melee weapons for different stealth and loud kills
- Levels of replayability and several ways to kill targets
- And a bunch more
i mentioned a feature called “thermal vision” in that list. it works like instinct, except you have a limited amount, all NPCs are highlighted in yellow (including targets), weapons and items won’t be highlighted and all NPCs can be seen no matter how far away they are (if they’re really far away, it may be hard to spot them)
here’s a summary in 3 pics:
finally, i’ve got a few pics if you want to see some.
(thermal images are before I added post processing effects to make it all blue)
(all in game screenshots were taken before I added all the lighting and post processing effects)
here are the first two levels which I have already started working on
Training Facility, [REDACTED]