Another Life - First impressions

Car bombs are identical to remote explosives.

This is actually my favorite map in H2. I just wish the map was larger. You can run around the map for 5 mins and you will probably see the majority of the map. I would’ve loved to see more houses with more NPCs.

Actually I love the ‘small’ feeling of the map. It feels like a small suburb where you get familiar with everyone. I am mainly annoyed with the clues and only having 15 mastery when there are even items from s1 that isnt in H2 yet

This map is conflicting for me.

I want to love it, and the opportunities to do things like put a muffin down, or pour Janus tea, etc are so good and should be included more.

But I’m just not a fan of the map. It feels like so much potential was wasted. In addition to Whittleton you could have had a small shopping street, the church, the NPCs doing stuff in their houses instead of all being around the Wilson’s. The forest could have been expanded upon, etc. It just feels like there was so much more they could have done with the level.

Having gotten to use the hamburger (or cheeseburger? :thinking: ) in Isle of Sgail, there should be at least one of these in the BBQ / Neighborhood cookout / Party. It kills.

Or maybe that’s what should have been in the vault. :joy:

I finished this level yesterday. I absolutely adore this map and imho this is by far the prettiest looking level in the history of the franchise. The atmosphere is brilliant and the soothing music that plays when you’re running past the wide roads, covered with red leaves is just wonderfully immersive.

Janus is an excellent target. Love the way he is written, his theme and this might be the first time where I really felt a personal sense of revenge against a target which made killing him that much more gratifying.

God, there is so much to love about this level and I only finished it once! Its not that small tho and it feels like 75-80% the size oh Hokkaido. Only gripe I got is it teases you with many locked houses! :sob:

i know it doesn’t help, but fun fact: all of the houses have mailboxes with the resident’s name on it. all the residents are actually NPCs on the map

I’ve been disappointed by this mission.

The atmosphere is very cool and the map is beautiful but it looked too empty and too easy to me, and the mission stories are not always intuitive and not as good as in the other missions.
I liked when Janus bodyguard locked us in a room to check our identity but that’s the only great moment in the mission for me.

It looks like the mission hasn’t been finished. Janus gives way too much intel for example.

And the underground secret way to access Janus house is way too easy to find and not guarded at all. And why do we already have the code for the door ?

It contrasts a lot with the presentation of the mission made in the cinematic, Janus and Cassidy are described as two experts who are very careful and meticulous. But at the end they are two big stupid NPCs very easy to kill and talking in public about their plans or their past.
Cassidy is the most disappointing target. I was expecting to have a different and original gameplay with him, to see a very difficult target to approach, a guy who’s always suspicious, noticing if the player is following him, asking his bodyguard to taste the food before him, not exposing his plans in public and having a house very well guarded with a lot of security systems and secret rooms.
The guy is supposed to be a former Secret Service agent but that’s the easiest target to kill ever…
Not to mention the fact that he’s supposed to be Janus bodyguard and we don’t even see them together or stay in contact, wtf ?!

To me this mission really was the least good of all missions since the beginning of Hitman 2016.
I feel like the gameplay potential of this mission was ruined, and the whole map lacks consistency and finish. That’s sad because Whittleton Creek was a nice neighborhood to visit.

hah why all cops in this mission look mexican and have british accents?

they don’t

omg i love another life mission thank you IO you are the best keep up the good work

Another life > A new life

By a fucking mile bro

Uhh that would be a kilometer!:joy:

yup a kilometer and 5 inches