Ansel Shots

Post your Ansel shots here. A couple I just took.

24 Likes
About the cutscenes

I cannot wait to see where this thread goes. Unfortunately I’m heading to work now and won’t be playing until tomorrow. I hope everyone is enjoying the game so far!

1 Like

Amazing :heart:

I really hope my CG is compatible…wait & see.

4 Likes

Ansel is pretty cool.
Sadly, you cannot upload this straight into the steam (at least without 3rd party software)

3 Likes

9 Likes

4 Likes

2 Likes

I’m now wondering how is it possible to take Ansel shots. Is it free or is it GPu specific?

Ansel is a technology made by Nvidia that works with games integrating it. You need a GPU from the Kepler architecture (GTX 6xx/6xxm) or newer.

Anyone else’s game go black and white when entering ansel? It happens for me about 50% of the time. Really strange.

Can you guess that I’m having so much fun with Ansel? hahaha

4 Likes

See? This is what I’m talking about. Glacier can potentially have good enough result to do in-game cinematics… Just needs a few more people to focus on making them in the engine.

2 Likes

Actually, Ansel works with any gpu

The ICA got out of business sadly and 47 had to find a new job…

12 Likes

Here is a guide to upload the screenshot on Steam

1-Do the screenshot with Ansel and do one more with the Steam overlay as a screenshot backup (doesnt matter if the steam screenshot is from the same moment of play)

Ansel does the screenshot in png format so you need photoshop (or another photo edit software) and open the Hitman 2 steam screenshot folder for the next step.

2-Open the Ansel screenshot with Ps and save it in jpg format overwriting the Steam Screenshot backup you did before, named something like 20181110164900_1 (don’t change the name of the screenshot backup, that’s how Steam should recognize the screen later). Don’t close PS.

3-Now change the width of the screenshot proportionally to 200px and do the same as before but inside the thumbnail folder, both screenshot and thumbnail should have the same name (20181110164900_1.jpg).

4-Restart Steam and your screenshot will be ready to be uploaded.

Have fun

PS: some screens I didn’t posted in the screenshot thread

4 Likes

13 Likes

Posted most of this in the screenshots thread but I’ll post it again here

5 Likes

Weapon customization is back baby.
Sniper with briefcase attachment.

6 Likes

When the game starts up I see some green camera symbol and words in the upper left part of the screen. Is this (this Ansel thing) what it’s referring to?