April Roadmap: Rocky Dong Dong

Probably due to the fact there is no more Arcade Contracts sitting in the game awaiting activation (all the ones we have currently were patched in back in January), so we likely won’t see anymore until the next patch.

I hope IOI slow down the release of Elusive Targets, this 1 every month is too fast for me. I can barely complete such an overwhelming amount of Elusive Targets released in such an action packed time frame. I always thought this always online system they used for the Hitman Trilogy was worth it and the abundance of Elusive Targets has reassured me of that.

2 Likes

same the month went fast for me i can’t believe its nearly may in two weeks or one week

1 Like

I prefer have less content right now but a polished Freelancer mode and a very good new map in a near future.

Freelancer and the new map probably require some workforce from IOI, leading to a reduced content for the beginning of Year 2 of Hitman 3. April is a quiet month in terms of content, let’s see what about May.

Freelancer is scheduled for “Spring”, which covers from March to June. I don’t expect Freelancer for the beginning of May, but rather the very end of May. We’ll probably get new ETA and a game update in May, allowing us to play some ET (on console where mods are unavailable).

4 Likes

We’re not cycling through the H1 maps before activating H2 ET’s. They’ll be on the agenda shortly after our next patch.

H2 ET’s will be coming up after the next patch, with the exception of the Undying due to contractual reasons. It’s a shame, but we will find other ways to make the unlocks attached to that mission available.

I chose the Deceivers to be in this slot way back at the end of 2021 (maybe October or November) because we needed to lock it in advance of the January patch. Some of our plans with regards to Year 2 changed between then and the actual announcement, so the timing does seem a bit odd. (This will be a #2 version so you will be able to play it again, but the point is fully valid.)

Funnily enough, the reason for doing the poll and vote was to avoid comments like yours again and to actually deliver the ET’s that you most want to play. The results of the poll will show themselves throughout the year. I knew it was a risk to do the poll with the knowledge that Deceivers was coming up, but I’d rather it look a bit weird now and then get better, rather than it looking weird all year.

Hmmm. This is a tricky one to see. Egg Hunt is from Year 1 BUT I had a clear ambition to make the ‘seasonal events’ worth re-playing again - and you’ll see that come to fruition later this year. It’s another case of ‘wait and see’ but I hope you’ll eventually see that feedback is being heard and actioned.

Control is fucking awesome, so enjoy that. There will be reasons to return to Hitman, big and small. See you when you come back.

Yeah, that’s on me as mentioned above. Not the most inspired choice in hindsight. Future ET’s have been guided by the recent vote on here and general feedback we received throughout ‘Year 1’ so I’m sure you’ll be a bit more inspired by some of the future choices.

If the plan holds, in the coming months there will be times when two ET’s are active. I had to ask whether we can technically have two running at once, so I’m not sure that we’ve done it before. Those same plans have an ET activating every Friday for 3 weeks (so 3 in the same month). I had to do that to fit as many in as possible.

33 Likes

I guess the dream of seeing the ET live on by replacing the character model/dialogue dies here. :frowning:

2 Likes

Maybe, maybe not. I saw the idea and pitched it lightly to the team. By that, I mean it’s not a concrete suggestion on any kind of ‘to-do’ list, but the idea is out there in a few places.

There are likely many unforseen complications with doing something like that - but I do have it on my radar to see where it lands. It might not land anywhere other than the bin, but it’s worth investigating. Don’t hold your breath, but let’s see.

23 Likes

Maybe they should come up with a unique elusive target for HM3 version of Miami. A place like Miami has so much ET potential such as someone attempting to cheat in the Global Innovation Race.

6 Likes

yeah uh buddy io pretty much never takes down anything, i’ve only seen it happen once

1 Like

They could replace Faba with Murillo, at last he would have some decent routing this time, hopefully he won’t still keep drinking on place of course.

3 Likes

I had assumed that “HITMAN 3” was a complete version of the game with all the elements that have been delivered so far.
Unfortunately, that was not the case, as “Undying” is unplayable.
I am very disappointed because I thought I would be able to play all the “elusive Target” from “HITMAN 1” to “HITMAN 3”.
If they were going to use real actors, I wish they would have at least changed the look of the actors and contracted them so that they could be redistributed.

Well, the info on what’s included in H3 is out there and you got exactly what you payed for.

8 Likes

Research. It’s a thing.

More preferably, when using real-life actors, they should try to negotiate contracts that allow that image to continue to be used any time that specific usage comes into play. Translation: Sean Bean and Gary Busey’s images used for their respective Elusive Targets should have been arranged so that those ETs, no matter what game they are featured in, are permitted, because the agreement would have been for the ET, not the game. Since it was negotiated the opposite way, we eternally miss out on additional playthroughs with them.

3 Likes

A license for multiple games might have surpassed the budget maybe. In H2016 the plan was also to keep everything under the hood of one game, not H2 and H3. So they might have not known better with Busey and in H2 it was probably WB’s call how much they invested in that. In the end it was more of a release campaign.

7 Likes

Like I said, the agreement should have been for the ET, irrespective of what games it appears in. H1, H2, H3, doesn’t matter; we’ve already paid for your image in making this ET, we own it now in the context of this ET, it’s going in these games.

Travis’s recent response was comprehensive, understanding, and unnecessary (as in, he went beyond the requirements put on him and gave us info we don’t necessarily deserve). For this I am grateful.

7 Likes

You can’t trick a lawyer into an more lenient contract. Any open loopholes or technicalities will be caught and calculated into the costs.

I imagine all the celebrity targets were negotiated and paid for through the lawyers of the publishers at the time. Maybe IOI could afford to renegotiate contracts after H3’s financial success, but I doubt they have the contacts or lawyers to make it worth the effort and money.

I’d hold out more hope for the “Fake Undying” ET idea than the real ET’s return.

4 Likes

“ET” is not a legal term. It has to be defined in the contract and you can’t get away with that without mentioning “game” or “games”.

2 Likes

I think it would be funny if you made a joke about how you can’t use Sean Bean’s likeness, like replacing his head with a box that says “censored” on it and replacing his voice lines with generic text-to-speech lines

1 Like