Are localised accents in Hitman 3?

IO isn’t rockstar. Either way, only because they don’t add accents doesn’t mean they don’t care about fans :smile:

And if they were in it for the money, they wouldn’t end the series here :nail_care:

I’d say on hiatus would be more accurate than saying the series has ended.

1 Like

I hope so. I love Season 1, but it did hurt the atmosphere for me especially in the Marrakesh level. I can understand why Paris wouldn’t have accents because it is an international fashion event. I can understand Sapienza’s lack of accents because of all the tourists. But for Marrakesh, it was hard for me to feel immersed especially after hearing the Moroccan soldiers say oorah in a perfect American accent.

If it’s a budget issue then I don’t understand when the earlier games had characters speaking their local accents.

4 Likes

I live in Italy and definitely not having any accent in Sapienza for me was really strange because I can assure you that even with plenty of tourists the Italian accent is really strong and impossible to not notice it with all people that talks loud here in the streets.

5 Likes

i not mean about accents

Yeah, Marrakesh was the one that suffered the most with the lack of regional actors. I get annoyed whenever I hear ‘SALAM! COME IN COME IN’ in an american accent.

8 Likes

I really hope they patch the game with authentic accents. It would add so much to the game. I remember when I first played Santa Fortuna and heard the Hispanic accents, I actually felt like an outsider in a foreign country.

1 Like

Moroccan soldiers when noticing smth suspicious: “Jesus!”. :joy:

11 Likes

Of course, they wouldn’t want to take the Prophet Mohammed’s name in vein :wink:

So now that some of you are playing the game can anyone confirm how many, if any, locations have accents present?

Apparently, Chinese people speak English to each other in China.

1 Like

Yeah, I think literally the only new accent in the game is Chinese

There are some individual NPCs who have new European accents, but that’s always been the case in these games in relation to individual targets and whatnot

At least they did Chinese though. To me there are indications that it’s someone with a Western accent doing the voices, like how Yuki Yamazaki sounds a bit British with some words; but that’s still a thousand times better than if everyone was just plain British and American

3 Likes

tbh pretty much every voice actor in the game isn’t doing their natural accent

Bateson Americanizes his South African accent, Jane Perry (Diana) does a British accent even though she has an American accent, Philip Rosch (Constant) does an American accent even though he has a British accent, and Baurbe-Brown (Olivia) does an American accent even though she has a British accent

now that i list them like that, i never realized that the entire main cast changes their natural accents for their characters…

1 Like

No problem with that, just saying with these Chinese characters you can hear in their voice that they’re letting their British-ness or whatever slip through in a way you don’t notice so much with those others :stuck_out_tongue:
But again, highly preferable to not even trying to put in an accent so I’m not complaining about that part :wink:

2 Likes

yeah theyre definitely not their natural accents. but all the Chinese voice actors are Chinese, so its definitely authentic (even if they have a few slip ups)

I just assume that 47 speaks all the languages and we only hear the translation.

Depends what authentic means; my dad’s a yankee but I have absolutely zero advantage over any other Australian trying to do a US accent; sounds fake and would have to learn it from scratch like anyone else, even though I’m a US citizen with a US father and lived there a year :sweat_smile: You could see those facts written down on paper and go “Well, he is an American so no one can accuse it of not being authentic”, then I show up for recording and go “Heyy tharrr, dood” sounding like a pirate or something :stuck_out_tongue:

…Also I might just be talking about that one lady at the second Suit start who talks to you every single time, I’ve heard her say the first two sentences so many times I’m deconstructing every word now :sweat_smile:
I haven’t played enough to listen to every other actor recorded for it, I’m sure they’re fine

The only problem is that Chinese don’t speak English, like Japanese. They know English a bit, but they don’t speak it. Seeing Chinese in ChongQing almost fluently and perfectly speaking English is just, off. Let alone Chinese have dense accent. Their English (Like Japanese) are almost unable to be understood.

This is disappointing to hear :frowning:

Will definitely pick the game up still, but will probably until I can get it cheap as by the sounds of it it will still be the maps from 2 that I spend most time playing

The actress voicing her (Susan Hingley) is half Japanese, half British, so you´re on point with that one. Then again, it´s not like every non-native speaker has the very same (“authentic”) accent. It´s highly individual, so I´m completely ok with the Western accents slipping in. As you say, it´s a thousand times better than the omnipresent plain British/American.

But I mean the biggest step up have to be the toilets in Dubai which actually speak Japanese proper :joy: (I believe Hokkaido doesn´t have that?)

And on a side note, I do wanna rant about occasions such as the character of Raoul Salazar in Mendoza, who is voiced by a British VA when talking to his brother(?), but his dialogue with Yates is voiced by an American VA. Moments like that (or the British-accented CIA employee in the same level) make me wanna rip and tear…

Also, shame that none of the three ultra-obviously German blokes in the game have a German accent (even though I heard it on an occassion or two in the level).

Does Bateson even qualify for a South African accent?? (legitimate question - he has such a unique accent to me that I could never really be confident in placing it to just one country - the reason being his SAR-Canadian upbringing I suppose?)

6 Likes