Assassin's Creed: Odyssey - Out October 5 for Nintendo Switch... BUT

Going mostly unnoticed because it was redacted from the Non-Japanese versions of today’s Nintendo Direct is the news that Ubisoft’s ASSASSIN’S CREED: ODYSSEY will release day-and-date on Nintendo Switch.

However, the release will be Japan Only and using the streaming system that also launched RESIDENT EVIL 7 on Switch.

To me, this is a bit interesting. Ubisoft appear to be running two experiments in one. First, is that they are trying a day-and-date release of a marquee franchise on Switch together with PS4 and XBO.

Second is that they are trying out the streaming infrastructure used by the Nintendo Switch. I am not sure who runs the back-end though I’ve heard this is the same Nvidia Streaming System that was launched earlier for Nvidia’s Shield system. It is the most obvious candidate since Nintendo’s Switch device is powered by Nvidia technology.

Still, I have to admit I was hoping it would fit in a 16GB Switch cartridge. lol.
:stuck_out_tongue:

The Nvidia Grid technology, is detailed in this news feature. Switch streaming games in particular appear to be delivered by a Taiwanese company called Ubitus:

So if their plans push through, you can expect announcements soon for RESIDENT EVIL 7 Cloud Version and ASSASSIN’S CREED: ODYSSEY Cloud Version on Nintendo Switch in the US.