Balancing items...lets talk

Electrocute phone is pretty “OP”, yes. But it doesn’t mean everyone would use it, it’s pretty good for those new players, I don’t quite understand the point of this argument.

2 Likes

Remind you, the phone is an unlock for the mission stories completion in NY, which is an extra map behind a pay wall (expansion pack). Assuming a newbie play through every level in order, by the time they play the Bank level, they should be familiar with the game already (unless they play the level straight away).

3 Likes

Let alone that not everyone has this level, so why bother if it’s OP or not.

1 Like

So when a “newbie” finds this item that you can place on the ground for the target to pick up and die, without hiding the body, without having anything to worry about.

You don’t think they’ll take on ETs the same way?
You don’t think people should be creative with their kills?

The game is built on people being creative with their kills, thats where the reward comes in.
You don’t get SA for killing the target with a gun in the open. Same as you shouldn’t get SA for dropping an item for the target to pick up and die in the open.

There’s a reason they changed SA rating so you couldn’t tresspass and get SA. Same as there’s a reason why you can’t just shoot someone in the open and get SA.

The people who spend tons of time building contracts. You don’t think they’ll lose the motivation to create contracts when there’s an item like this.

I see alot of you are ok with this but you weren’t ok with the gum, its the same exact thing.

3 Likes

Because it completely devalues the difficulty of obtaining the SA rating. It should be worth some effort at least. Pocket accident is too much.

2 Likes

Very true. I really hope in your case that you have players that don’t use it.

You should join us in the SONKO thread if you like. Suit Only No Ko contracts, we have lots of them that you might enjoy. You can choose ti play and create your own to share with us. All contract is on every platform.

3 Likes

One last thing I want to say.
They are looking into it.

Don’t bother to reply to this post about it.

Poisining a drink then waiting at the exit requires effort? That’s what most newbies do now.
But go on pls

3 Likes

Even poisoning of the drink requires much more effort.

2 Likes

More effort yes… Much more? No

1 Like

Well, find out exactly where the target drinks (and if it drinks at all), find the right disguise or distract the NPC so that they do not notice the poisoning. Definitely much more than just putting the phone in sight of the target.

3 Likes

Dude… that is shit is mad easy. You can try and defend it but it’s ez ok :wink:

1 Like

Poisoning drink

• Make sure no one sees
  • Make sure its the right drink
  • Wait for them to drink

Phone

• Drop it, they die and exit
6 Likes

Fact of the matter is, “newbies” are gonna use the phone and not poison.

Still easy… not as easy like I said… but easy.

Confirming the right drink is arguably the hardest part

True.
But by the way how it looks, I think new players will use the phone since the effort is less

1 Like

Well they paid for it :wink:

2 Likes

Dude, I love you and your videos, but you definitely have wrong understanding of “easy” from the height of your skill. I’m not saying that poisoning a drink is difficult, but it definitely requires some effort, unlike put the phone in front of the target.

2 Likes

I’ll say this, I was playing Hitman 2 a couple of weeks ago in front of some friends, and in the contract I was doing I used the proximity taser. I explained how it works, guard picks it up and his death retains SA, and one of them said, “You only get one of those, right?” My answer at the time was “There’s a second one but I haven’t unlocked it yet.” Now the answer is that there are three, and the third one is even more OP than the previous ones? There definitely needs to be an adjustment to balance.

2 Likes

The solution of: accident-KO if not in puddle / electro-accident-kill if in puddle sounds very reasonable and right to me.

I would also very much like to see the remote audio distraction / mixtape 47 range increased, it’s ridiculously small right now.

In fact I generally agree with @C2H6O’s list of buffs – there should be: 2 Breaching Charges; longer range on the EMP effect; actual utility for concussive devices by letting you keep SA if a group gets KO’d together by one. I’d also like to see utility for flashbangers by letting you syringe (and otherwise silently attack from behind) stunned people.

2 Likes