BIG Hitman series Review

Here is al long and interesting review, not mine, found this on youtube, enjoy watching…
(ps did not found this yet on this forum, looked before I posted, if so and its already posted, sorry and let the moderatos delete my post)
3 Likes

Decent review. Hit the mark (for the most part) on all the highs and lows of each installment, specially Absolution which I still have it positioned on the bottom of my best/worst Hitman game list, there are a lot of good things that got brought into Hitman 2016 and Hitman 2 S̶i̶l̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶A̶s̶s̶a̶s̶s̶i̶n̶ 2018.

A bit too harsh on Blood Money though. I know that not everyone likes it but I could never understand why. Those things he pointed out (Blood Money system, newspapers and accidents) don’t answer my question since I don’t see them such a big deal for the hate (hate is a bit too much but you get the idea).

With Contracts, I have to agree. It ironed out ironed out some of Hitman 2 Silent Assassin’s shortcomings and gave it a grittier tone but for me, that was about it. I’m one of those assholes :slight_smile: that find it more of a filler, something to give the fans while the main sequel is in development. While a like the new levels, I hate the ones brought from Codename 47, not that they’re bad mind you but because it was just a rehash of old content. I wouldn’t have minded it if the game was entirely a proper remake of Codename 47 but that’s just me.
Also I hate how everyone say that the jungle levels were so bad in the first game that they were unsalvageable for a remake. Makes me think that those people don’t know the meaning of a remake. If IOI could make Plutonium Runs Loose not be so action oriented like it was in the original game (though they still blew it by merging two levels into one and removing everyone’s favorite midget circus clown from the Hitman LORE) , they could have done the jungle levels justice.

Hitman 2 Silent Assassin? Yeah. Screw that camera zoom in/out :poop: and to hell with Hidden Valley and At the Gates.

Not much to say about his pet peeves with Hitman Codename 47. I agree that the save system is laughably bad (still not worse that Absolution’s though) and the some of the levels were too action oriented, I still have to say that if you’re patient, you can still do a clean job and be silent and not alert everyone to your presence when eliminating the guards that you are forced to eliminate, Gunrunner’s Paradise is the best example.
Also I don’t mind some of those old renders for 47, sure some of them are weird (early 3D model renders and such) but some depict 47 like I imagine a genetically modified human clone would look like.
HC47Mission-9

As for Hitman 2016 and Hitman 2 S̶i̶l̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶A̶s̶s̶a̶s̶s̶i̶n̶ 2018 Yeah, the episodic model didn’t do it everyone. I myself waited 'till all levels were released. And that always online :poop: that IOI is pulling, I really don’t understand it. They say that they need it for leaderboards but what use are the leaderboards if pretty much everyone on top of that list is cheating? I may be a dick but I really wish that this will bite IOI in the ass one day.
As for the voices in Season One, felt like I was playing Oblivion when listening to conversations. Glad that they rectified that in Season Two.

1 Like