Can't access any content

Please forgive me just copy/pasting but I don’t want to write this up again.

Hello everyone, I’m sorry if this has been asked - I can see I’m not alone in this issue however I can’t find any way to fix it.

I was given Hitman 2 for Christmas, as I’m sure lots of you were, after playing the 2016 game to death. I also downloaded the prologue and played the Holiday Hoarder mission (had some trouble but eventually got my Santa suit).

Now I had a lot of trouble actually accessing the campaign for Hitman 2; again which I’ve read others have. Despite actually having the disc which I now understand is a dolled up download key.

After downloading each of the missions manually I had some success, however this was brief after trying to play today I was again told I did not have access to the Hitman 2 campaign.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall (which according to my Googling worked for the people in this thread) which has made matters worse as now I can’t even manually install each mission as they are apparently not sold separately?

Please if anyone can share any guidance I as I apparently need help. I also can’t find any way to contact IO directly but I suppose I would be directed to Microsoft.

I’ve included a link to some photos. Please excuse the phone photos.

You can see in one of the screenshots I got an achievement in the Himmelstein mission so I had access at some point.

I am having the same issue

@Mattmac
If you downloaded the free Holiday Hoarders Pack. That gave limited time access to Paris.

For your Hitman 2 Campaign, I’d like for you to answer some questions for me so I can find a solution for you.

Q1. Do you have an external drive?
Q2. What’s your system power on settings set to?
Q3. Have you tried accessing the content from the in-game store that directs you to the Microsoft store?

Q1. Do you have an external drive? Yes

Q2. What’s your system power on settings set to? How do I find this everything should be on max setting

Q3. Have you tried accessing the content from the in-game store that directs you to the Microsoft store? Yes $130 for the full game $49 expansion pack FREE snow festival pack downloaded and no content

Hey.

I found a fix at the time and updated my Reddit post. I didn’t post it here because I didn’t seem to be getting anywhere.

I’ve copied it below for you.

• Uninstall the game and any/all DLC (you can keep your saves)
  • Remove disc
  • Turn off the console
  • Turn console back on
  • Go offline. I firmly believe this was the issue. I usually install games offline anyway as it seems to go faster (it may not, could be a placebo), but it doesn’t try and update the game at the same time. I believe in this case it was a problem between the Microsoft store and already having played the Prologue. In retrospect, of course nothing would install from the disc, as far as the Xbox knows, the game is already installed. Frustratingly, the game is still labelled Hitman 2 - Prologue but at this point I’m over it
  • Insert disc and your content should now install nicely
  • Start game
  • Each mission will have an update, don’t panic if the image is still red. I can’t remember the exact wording but the game definitely acknowledged that I owned the content
  • Close game and let everything update
  • Ta-da!
  • Optional Start Hitman (2016) and download the legacy pack.
  • Play Hitman 2!

Reddit thread

Your mileage may vary but this completely fixed it for me.

PS> For any IOI staff that come across this, I get it that this seems to be a Microsoft/Xbox issue rather than your own but it would have been nice to have any kind of acknowledgment from you.

Did that 3x times no luck :pensive: