Can't Connect/Log in on XBOne

I’ve been having this problem for about 2 months now. For background, I live in an apartment building with provided internet and have had no prior issues. I use a wired connection because we can’t use anything that can’t authenticate on the wifi. Back around December 15th or so, I tried to play on my Xbox and I got the message " Connection Failed: Unable to connect to the Hitman 2 service. Failed to fetch configuration from the Hitman 2 server. For more information, contact Hitman 2 support". I was able to play all my other games, so I knew it wasn’t an issue with my internet connectivity. I contacted WB game support, and they gave me a few suggestions, but none of them worked.

A few days after the error message started coming up, I left to go home to my parent’s place for my winter break, and while I was there I tried to play and it worked fine. I recently returned to my place, and when I log in and load up the game, I get the same error message. A friend of mine suggested it may be an IP ban that was applied to someone else who lives in the complex, but I don’t have enough information to be sure. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, but that didn’t work.

I’ve got the weekend off from school and work and I was really hoping I would be able to sit down and play, so this is really frustrating. Could anybody help me with this issue?

Oh dear! I don’t know what to suggest. That IP ban thing sounds plausible but you’d need to follow up with the ISP, I suppose. Best of luck.

1 Like

I don’t know how the Xbox system works, but if you can, try to install some VPN service/app, activate it and try to log in with VPN.
If it will work for you, then most likely it is some kind of a network ban indeed.

If you’re in university campus or something like that, it might be that network admin noticed ‘strange’ traffic and closed a faucet for you so you don’t spend time in games. Or someone in your building/network segment did violate some rules hardly and catched a ban. Ban not only for himself, but for dozens of innocent people like you.

If VPN would work in your case, then you can either continue using it, or if possible, contact your provider and ask them for a dedicated IP or other advice to back to normal

3 Likes

The VPN worked! I was able to download one for my PC, then hook it up to my Xbox to that using an ethernet cord and connect that way. Thank you so much!

1 Like