- I am with Telstra (an ISP) which uses the NBN network (as many ISPs do now in Australia)
- I am connected with an IPv4 address and my internal subnet is IPv4 only also.
- Hitman has worked pretty much fine for me until a week or so ago. Now I get permanent “can’t fetch resources” error that many Australian’s are suffering.
- Although I am on an IPv4 connection, the NBN is a strange beast and a number of ISPs seem to be enabled with stateless IPv6 as well. Telstra have themselves stated as such and I find if I enable IPv6 on my router, although I still connect externally with an IPv4 address, my internal network is issued with IPv4 AND IPv6 addresses.
- There is a highly likely chance that the fault is indeed related to the fact your servers don’t accept IPv6 addresses but due to the NBN national roll out in Australia the reality is IPv6 stateless addressing is almost certainly going to be forced on everyone in Australia over the coming months/years as full NBN integration takes place nationwide.
If there is any further specific technical details you would like about things please ask and I will answer, even if I have to find out directly from my contacts at various ISPs etc.
EDIT: And when I say internal IPv6 addresses, they are internet addresses, not local link fe80 addresses or the like.
EDIT2: I am not using google DNS, just the Telstra provisioned default ones pushed via network.