Castlevania Anniversary Collection

Oh man I love it when Konami feeds off our nostalgia screaming “we still make games!” as they cram details for a new pachinko slot down the mouths of Japans gambling market. None the less I can say with glee that Castlevania Anniversary Collection (Vol 1) is the first Konami game I will purchase since Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain back during my freshman year of High School in 2015. As a child being exposed to retro gaming via emulators and retro consoles as a whole Castlevania as a series was interesting to me soley because of my introduction to it being at very young age in which I couldn’t comprehend the concept of a Metroidvania, but I could comprehend unlocking Mario in Super Mario 64 DS. The first game in the series for me was Dawn Of Sorrow, but I’ll leave that story for when they get around to releasing the teased Vol 2 of the collection. My first Classicvania was Super Castlevania IV on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System. I can’t recall my first impressions with it other then the fact that the game now is one of my favorite action/adventure platformers and what I regard as the best Classicvania in the series before Metroidvania and Linear Action Adventure of the remake/LOS timeline.

I am currently waiting for the release of the Collection here in America and plan on picking it up on my Xbox One console and probably my Switch, but I dunno yet. Castlevania is a series that is important for the sake of preserving my own childhood alongside Metal Gear Solid being the game that preserved my teenage years and seeing how it’s my turn to graduate I look at all these amazing games I played to get me through the melodramatic life of a youth trying to figure out his purpose in life ultimately fueling my imagination and artisitc capabilities within my Piano skills and writing skills. To conclude I can assure that I’ll be one of the many people today and hopefully not the only one on HMF who will dawn the Vampire Killer and fight off Draculas Hordes of enemys while getting the tanto knife in Hitman 2.

2 Likes

I’ll buy it also when i come home today.

Edit: i hope its optimized for big screens, without ugly borders on the sides

1 Like

Insta-buy! Thanks for the heads-up, I hadn’t even heard about this.
Looking forward to the Contra Anniversary Edition as well :slight_smile:
Looks like I’ll finally be playing something else besides Hitman on my Xbox.

1 Like

I know right,

• Castlevania
  • Castlevania ll: Simons Quest
  • Castlevania lll: Dracula’s Curse
  • Super Castlevania IV
  • Castlevania Bloodlines
  • Castlevania The Adventure
  • Castlevania The Adventure ll: Belmont’s Revenge
  • Kid Dracula

and Konami teased a Vol 2 which might consist of the GBA and DS Metroidvanias!

It appears not to be available where I live :frowning:

Appeared in the US Microsoft Store

i had the same issue on ps4, i downloaded trough the PSN website and it worked fine

1 Like

On Launch day the title was released at different times in multiple regions. It pissed alot of people off but oh well. I purchased the collection on both my Switch and XB1 and im Happy.

Have you guys found a way turn the in-game menu into English?

Lemme check my guy okie dokie

Gotta wait for the patch. I reckon you have the Japanese Version so you will have to wait for the patch which gives you access to the American Version. I will he waiting for the patch that gives me the uncensored Japanese version.

thats weird, but i can help you with a Screenshot of the menu so you can use it :kissing_heart:

1 Like

He has the Japanese version if I’m correct. He’ll have to wait for the patch to get released which will come with the American Censored Version. The English Version of the Patch will come with the Uncensored Japanese Version.

Edit: 16:9 you monster D:

1 Like

yeah i get that, i just postet the Screenshot so he can navigate through the Japanese menu.

edit:CV4 looks quite good in 16:9, thats why I bought the collection it made me sick in the old format on the snes on my big screen :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Ahhhh okie dokie. I must say this collection is awesome.

1 Like

No idea why I got the Japan version, didn’t see any options with regards to that, but aside from that menu everything is in English. I guess I’ll wait for an update :slight_smile:

Thanks to both for your help, the English screenshots especially!

1 Like

no problem man, that’s what a community is good for :ok_hand:

1 Like