Codename 47 remake

Does anyone else think that codename 47 should receive a remake or be released for the next gen consoles? The series is going to turn 20 years old next November and I think newer players should see 47’s origins without having to play the original, polygon-pixelated version or watching other people complete the missions on youtube. IO, if you do see this then please take it into consideration.

5 Likes

Definitely they should and Hitman 2: SA, but i don’t think they should do every mission, for example incorparate 2 missions into 1 or whatever but staying true to the original, they should do it in the format of current Hitman games so should go Locations: Hong Kong, Budapest, Rotterdam, Romania, Siberia, Britain (not in that order), The Contracts missions are better than Colombia in C:47 :smile: they could make Lee Hong the main mission of Hong Kong and then have the rest of them missions as DLC on the Location that has a park, a seafood resturant, the wang fou resturant and a couple of apartments and so on, i would make the Asylum stuff all into cutscenes, i know everybody won’t agree with this but just my thought :slight_smile:

1 Like

NOOOOOOO NEVER, a old game is a old game he should never be remastered !

2 Likes

If they are going to do some remasters I still haven’t played 2: SA and contracts. Codename 47 I have no intention to play. However, which these games I think a remake would be more appropriate—not like RE2 level but with a new spin on it. I played the HD blood money and that was borderline to old for me.

Maybe you’re just too used to the modern games, Blood Money holds up well for me :smile:

2 Likes

@MrOchoa approves this

1 Like

i do. but i dont think the Staff at io does. not even sure if anyone of the current dev team has even played this game.

2 Likes

I am way to young for playing blood money and enjoying it

Codename 47 is a product of its time and was literally the first outing for the Original Glacier engine. I think that Codename 47 should get some recognition, but not in the way of remakes since we don’t know how the game would run on modern hardware. I don’t wanna be a pessimist about this, but a remake is unrealistic rather they should do a form of 007 Legends ESQ type of thing where they cover C47 Through BM but its not the full games rather the best of well for those games.

1 Like

I bet the new staff has to google what the first Hitman game was. :laughing:

2 Likes

If you think HD Blood Money is too old for you to play, never play the games before it. Contracts to Blood Money was a drastic leap despite the fact I think Contracts is the best game in the series.

Good, they don’t need the traumatic experience of playing C47

2 Likes

A drastic leap downwards, yes

2 Likes

Huh. I haven’t played both so I can’t say much here but I thought blood money was very meh but I’ve seen people call it he best game in the series

Those people are wrong

4 Likes

We might not agree on our favorites, but that is very true. It’s like ocarina of time—it’s a decent game now but a great game then. Let go of your nostalgia and let your opinions go forward with the industry and all of the new stuff and innovations

Only people who call Blood Money the best game in the series are video game news writers and all the outside xbox, PlayStation access etc wank. The best game in the series is either H2 Silent Assassin or Hitman Contracts.

1 Like

I don’t even think I was born before Hitman 2 Silent Assassin came out. Nostalgia and the time period has nothing to do with it.

The reason I wouldn’t say the reboot games are the best is because of gameplay not map design. The gameplay of the new games compared to the old ones seems watered down and oversimplified. This is shown in the subdue mechanic, instinct and mission story system. I absolutely fucking love the new games but the old ones are on another level.

Not to some people that is. I’m not saying specifically you. But this is more focused on ocarina if time because that’s the only one that really grinds my gears