Covid Vaccine Thread

People all over the world are struggling with Covid-19 for more than a year now, and the news from vaccine gives a bit of hope that we finally can get rid of it (It’s not going to disappear though).
So,

Have you injected?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

If yes, any side effects?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

What was the manufacture’s nationality?
  • US
  • China
  • UK
  • Russia
  • Other

0 voters

1 Like

I haven’t personally but my aunt has and she hasn’t had any side effects (UK)

3 Likes

Yeah my step-mother has also had the jab, no side effects. I’m not sure if it was Pfizer or Oxford-AstroZeneca (UK)

2 Likes

Nope. In Germany they made up groups of people, with older people getting vaccinated first. I’m in the second group, because I work as an attendant for children with disabilities and I have to do some nursing activities, like helping them on the toilet and with eating. So I think I will be vaccinated in the next few month.

3 Likes

It must’ve been difficult to work in there alongside Covid…

2 Likes

I’m pretty much in the last group to get the vaccine. Elderly and at-risk-people get it here in Switzerland first. After that everyone working with those people (Hospital-Staff, nursing home, day care, …). I’ll probably have to wait till June/July until it’s my turn.

4 Likes

It’s okay. I have to wear the mask the whole time, but after some days I got used to it. The only thing that really bothers me is the constantly closing and open up game they have with the schools.

First they were closed and I was in homeschooling with the kid till late august last year. Than they opened up till December and now they are closed again and I’m in homeschooling again. And in two weeeks they will be opened again.

That’s very stressing, not just for me but also for the kid, because he has many different disabilities and he’s also in the autism spectrum. So it’s hard for him to understand.

6 Likes

I’ll be one of the last to get the vaccine and I’m fine with that. I’m young, in good health and I can work entirely from home. I’m good.

11 Likes

Funny topic this is for me. I got covid before gave it to family, rough time.

My significant other and child have been tested several times, I have not ever. My job is giving out shots I was uncaring until mother kept getting on me to get shot. I got shot easy no problem with 2nd dose next week.

Had headache similar to come down from low grade weed. Lasted half hour.

Only one to get shot in family other waiting on government and news says that my city is no getting all it needs because of state level incompetence and bias.

I got the shot but i feel guilty and angry that i got it so easy and significant other who really needs it did not.

7 Likes

I’m between shot 1 and shot 2 of the Moderna vaccine. I go back Feb 25th for shot 2.

I came down with the same fever and sore arm that a lot of people are reporting. I was sick for no more than 48 hours after the injection, so really it was no big deal.

4 Likes

I personally haven’t been vaccinated, but some of my family have

Luckily both my Grandparents got the Pfizer vaccine today, my Dad got the Oxford vaccine a few weeks back

7 Likes

I’m in the government workers group so i think we’ll be able to get vaccinated ahead of the general populace. I’ve been working the whole time and have probably had covid already, so it’s whatever. I’d be more inclined to get the vaccine for the people around me at work than for myself.

3 Likes

The UK have done about 14m of the population so far in terms of a first dose.

I’m due for mine around June-September time.

1 Like

Anyone who refuses to take the vaccine is a fucking idiot by the way. Fuck you, you stupid fucking idiots. You fucking morons.

2 Likes

It boggles my mind that so many people don’t understand how vaccines work. The only reason they can even make their arguments is because we’ve nearly eradicated so many diseases… using vaccines

I keep hearing from coworkers about how the covid numbers are being faked because the flu numbers are low, and i just have to scratch my head. Like, you don’t think that all the mask wearing and hand washing and the like might have an effect on other viruses as well?

7 Likes

A joke which is real: Some Anti-Vaccine mullah in Iran said that: ""Americans put “GPS chips” in the vaccine so they can “control us” “”
I’m literally confused weather I should laugh or cry.

3 Likes

I’m not sure which is funnier… the idea that America is putting 7.65 billion teeny tiny chips inside the vaccines or that GPS chips could control people instead of… you know… track where they are (=

3 Likes

By that reason, they skipped Pfizer and Moderna and lots of others and bought Sputnik-V from Russia which doesn’t have confirmation from WHO.

Does the guy know the idea behind GPS? Nah.

3 Likes

:syringe::two::heavy_check_mark:
I’ll let you know how miserable I am tomorrow, but I have heard it passes pretty quickly.

10 Likes

I mean it hasn’t helped that we’ve had so many misleading studies published, as well. There was one that actually claimed that washing your hands doesn’t prevent the spread of the flu. It also said masks don’t help, which was the focus.

The study actually said the thing we know–from many other studies–helps prevent the spread of the flu, doesn’t. People then tried to use that study to claim that was also true of coronavirus, and the worst part is, this study was published on the WHO website so laypeople who didn’t know any better thought it was legit.

If you actually read the study you could see how flawed it was, but regular people aren’t reading the actual studies, they’re just trusting the conclusions.

Way too much misinformation going around and people being skeptical of things that have worked because of survivorship bias and not needing to think about why they are alive because of, as you mentioned, the fact that science works in your favor whether or not you actually participate in it knowingly.

2 Likes