Cyberpunk 2077

Was hoping for full time raining. Hope you can decide to do your stuff at night.

Something tells me this game’s story is going to be shit

Edit:Also the first trailer had totally different vibe and looked more mature.This one reminds me of Saints Row a little

Well it has been some years since the first trailer so I think they figured they needed to…come out swinging so to speak.

This trailer somehow reminded me of Mirror Edge Catalyst. Its a good thing… but I was expecting something more in line with Blade Runner. Otherwise, it looks great!

Looks more like it has its own identity now rather than being a Blade Runner rip off, which is nice. Visually it looks like a mixture of that awesome Games Workshop tabletop game Necromunda mixed with the dusty aesthetic of the Dredd movie from 2012. Looking forward to more details.

Oh and there’s totally some Akira thrown in there for good measure too.

Also supposedly from hidden text and stuff that the hero/heroine is named "V’ and can be customized by the player which is very very cool.

The trailer protagonist got on my nerves really quickly, so I’m glad you can create your own character.

Does anyone know if this will be a 1st or 3rd person game?

The different classes you get to choose from, supposedly.

wait for Last of us 2 and the new splinter cell :wink:

Microsoft dug their own grave at e3 2013. They literally have nothing on Sony. Either this is troll post or an ignorant post (no offence). There is literally nothing Microsoft can bring to compete with Spider-Man, the last of us 2, death stranding, and more. The ones that Microsoft used are not exclusives like just cause 4, the division 2, etc. All on other platforms, so how can they win with nothing on their own side?

The complete message from the devs at the end of the trailer.

"It’s been over 2077 days since we announced our plan to develop Cyberpunk 2077. We released a CGI trailer, gave some interviews and… went dark. Normal procedure for these kinds of things — you announce a game and then shut up, roll up your sleeves and get to work. We wanted to give you the Witcher 3 and both expansions first, which is why this period of staying silent was longer than we planned. Sorry for that.

As soon as we concluded work on Blood and Wine, we were able to go full speed ahead with CP2077’s pre-production. But we chose to remain silent. Why? At some point we made the decisions to resume talking about the game when we have something to show. Something meaningful and substantial. This is because we do realize you’ve been impatiently waiting for a very long time, and we wouldn’t like anyone to feel that we’re taking this for granted. On the contrary — it gives us a lot of extra motivation. The hype is real, so the sweat and tears need to be real, too :slight_smile:

But to the point. Today is the day. If you’re seeing this, it means you saw the trailer. - our vision for Cyberpunk, an alternative version of the future where America is in pieces, megacorporations control all aspects of civilized life, and gangs rule the rest. And, while this world is full of adrenaline, don’t let the car chases and guns mislead you. Cyberpunk 2077 is a true single player, story-driven RPG. You’ll be able to create your own character and… well, you’ll get to know the rest of what show at our booth at E3. Be on the lookout for the previews!

Before we finish, you probably have some questions,

1. When?

When we told you we would only release the game when it’s ready, we meant it. We’re definitely much closer to a release date than we were back then :wink: but it’s still not the time to confirm anything, so patience is still required. Quality is the only thing that drives us. It’s the beauty of being an independent studio and your own publisher.

1. How big?

Seriously big, but… to be honest, we have no bloody clue at this point in time. Once we put it all together, we will openly tell you what you can expect. And we promise we’ll do this before we start talking about pre-orders or ask anything of you.

1. Free DLC/Expansions/DRM

Expect nothing less than you got with The Witcher 3. As for DRM, CP2077, will be 100% DRM-free on PC.

1. Microtransactions?

In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?

Once again, thank you for your patience. If you have a minute, do visit cyberpunk.net and share your opinion (about anything) with us. We read everything you posted we treat it very seriously.

Yours,

CD PROJEKT RED Team"

Just know that any character you create in Cyberpunk 2077 will only be, at most, one third as cool as Adam Jensen. These automatic shades are trademarked by Sarif Industries.

The sooner you make your peace with that, the sooner you can move on and have fun.

Seriously, though, I love games that let me create my own character. I can tell you now that if I get the game, I’ll spend an embarrassing number of hours in the trechcoat shop, at the barber, and at the garage, stressing over which cool designs to add to my car before ultimately settling on black, yellow, or black and yellow.

I’ve been excited about this game, but I gotta say, the world that they showed off in that trailer looked depressingly generic. Not a single thing prompted a “whoa, that’s cool.”

Yeah showing off “Night City” in the day was kinda pointless.

IDK i’m still looking forward to it the most out of anything annouced/shown so far.

Didn’t liked it much, trailer looked like it is made by ubisoft, but game should be solid

Ubisoft does create some amazing trailers like this! :wink:

But yes, we do know that the game would be amazing and the devs are very reliable!

I am talking about the show itself. It’s been brilliant.

I am more excited about Death Stranding since TLoU is a Naughty Dog game. Everything about their games is great except for gameplay which is too simplistic for me to properly enjoy. A new Splinter Cell is something I anticipate but I am not sure whether I’ll like it or not because Blacklist was pretty mediocre and they aren’t likely to change too much.