DARTMOOR, England (Mission #2) - Location Discussion

I agree. Size is not so decisive, design is.

2 Likes

It looks about as big as Paris to me.

5 Likes

my feel is some kind of more compact Paris

I didn’t read the original (new?) article from GameInformer, but a few minutes ago I stumbled across some kind of a summary of that article which says that Dartmoor is a compact mansion, but you can explore the surrounding grounds.
That disappointed me a bit and reminded about Hawkes Bay where we have exactly compact mansion with a desert surrounding grounds.
Now it makes me think that this mission either is based on Hawkes Bay or just a slightly remastered version of it.
Only hopes now that it was just a poor wording and this mission is way more filled of things than just improved Hawkes Bay

What did you expect Dartmoor to be? Wouldn’t this be big enough?

3 Likes

I expect nothing till I see it myself.
But that description made me a bit sad

I think the surroundings are better integrated than in Hawkes Bay. The area around the house was quite large but there was literally nothing to do or explore there. I hope that’s not the case in Dartmoor.

8 Likes

I think I saw a hedge maze in the trailers. Surroundings might be like the back area in Paris.

1 Like

Yeah maybe… to be honest, I don’t care how big the surroundings (or the level in general) are, for me it’s important that they are useful and integrated in the whole gameplay and story. I don’t like those dead spaces who are large and good looking but nothing more; like the market in Marrakesh or the whole streets in Whittleton Creek.

And with just one target in Dartmoor, I’m a bit worried, that we have some useless spaces there too. But I hope not. I hope, Miss Carlisle is walking around very much, so we can kill her everywhere, not just in her Mansion.

6 Likes

I don’t have a problem with some surounding areas not really having a use. If you can only enter what you need to make your kill, then the lvls could feel like its to much tailors around you and the kill and feel to generic instead of a living world. “this door is locked because it has nothing to do with your target” would break it feeling like a real place. A lot here complain bout the much loved sapienza having empty places, but if feels like a Town… If dartmoors mission doesnt really use the big garden, so what, the house your target is in happend to have a big garden, so it has a big garden. Like it would in a real situation…

1 Like

Sapienza is different and deservably called by many the best level from the trilogy

2 Likes

sapienza’s empty spaces were used in bonus missions and escalations/contracts though. they didn’t really distract from the main mission because it was so densely packed with stuff and walking around the town was completely optional unlike the market of marrakesh

And what about the little shops around the Old Town part of the map? They literally don’t have any use exept having some blunt weapon in them

You wouldnt want the school, bar and consulate to stick together? The market is sort of a hub to connect them. No problem with that 4 me…

2 Likes

Relax, friends. 1) It’s a 20 mastery map 2) is a major revealed location. If was a rushed or filler map, they don’t reveal it with an apposite trailer. Anyway, H3 doesn’t have filler maps, i feel.

2 Likes

once again, contracts mode. you can at the very least hide bodies there

2 Likes

the consulate should have been the center of the map surrounded by streets instead of the market/cafe area. that way it wouldn’t be so limited in terms of entrances and exits. at least one more suit only path to school would have been an improvement as well. it may look like this maybe but obviously more tweaks are needed

1 Like

It looks like a gigantic mansion with a hedgemaze and a graveyard outside so I wouldn’t worry. The space will be used very well, it’s not going to be five minutes of walking, killing your target immediately and then five more minutes of walking. From what I see in the trailers it looks like a major map.

3 Likes

Wait where is the hedge maze? I don’t think I have seen one in any of the promotional materials yet.

It isn’t that kind of a maze where you can get lost in though, it’s very easy to navigate with many paths.

6 Likes