Dartmoor - First Impressions

That’s certainly true, but it’s not a bad thing for me. Thing is… I’ve got SASO master in my, idk, 4-5th playthrough and i’m a stupid dumb person when it comes to generate SASO strategies, so i’ll guess it was easy.

1 Like

Somehow this is still my least played mission, if we’re not counting Romania. :sweat_smile: It might be easy, but it’s great! The first run was quite fast because I wanted to play through the whole game yesterday evening. The second time I solved the murder mystery and it was enjoyable, though easy, which was predictable. I expected the murderer to be the only member of the family who wasn’t related to the victim by blood and got that right. It was easy to solve the case by just questioning everyone and investigating all places of interest. I still missed something because I wasn’t able to find out something that could have been used to lie that the death was actually a suicide. I’ll have to search more thoroughly. It’s pretty funny how you can also blame the butler but I didn’t try that out yet either. Good thing solving the case properly got me both Edwards’ file and a kill opportunity, it took its time. I’m excited to go back to figure out the rest of the opportunities. Seems like they’ve brought back dropping explosives down chimneys so that’s great!

2 Likes

I can almost guarantee someone at IOI will read this and tweak things, once they get time . They’ve done it before.

Not intending to brag (because I don’t think it’s brag-worthy) or anything but to be quite honest I think I’ve gotten SA on the first try on more or less all of the levels in the trilogy. I think this is about the same in terms of challenge as H1 and H2.

It’s probably not easier. You’ve just learned how the puzzles work now, how to spot the solutions.Have you tried Master difficulty yet? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

My first thoughts on the level are that the characters of the targets family are really well written. I believe them in their roles of this old stuffy English family. I got Crown vibes for sure which makes sense bc IO have borrowed for pop culture for the whole trilogy. The manor is set up better than villa Caruso and there are enough people outside to make moving without a costume something you must pay attention to, but it’s not aggravating either.

3 Likes

I came to the realisation I should have started with that yesterday. Before venturing further into Berlin I’m restarting the game on Master difficulty. You’re absolutely right, that should bring the challenge I’m looking for on a first try.

1 Like

Walking into her “special room” for the first time sent shivers down my spine.

3 Likes

Just did “One For the Ages”, and god damn is that shit hilarous. Made my literally LOL.

Spoilers for an assassination inside:

5 Likes

I like how arrogant and regal Alexa Carlisle is. :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag:

played Datmoor for a couple hours last night, first impression. Like others have said too easy. Also, killing Carlisle anywhere other than in the mansion is a hassle because you have to go get the case file every time. It’s a chore. There should be another target.

Hey, there is a second way to get the case files, just to knock out two people.

3 Likes

How did you knock out the butler? He never seems to move out of sight of the other npcs.

Do I still have to go all the way upstairs? The point is , if starting out doing the One for the ages kill, or the graveyard kill, to avoid having to go all the way up there just to punch in a number. It’s like Whittleton where you have to go find the clues every time, or am I missing something.

Take the lift…:sweat_smile:

1 Like

I love the look of this map. It was a little washed out at first but after adjusting the game’s gamma setting it looks great. Both the spooky outside and the rich old mansion inside, with tons of unique art. It’s more or less arranged well for sneaking as well, though getting to the top is too easy.

However I’m not a fan of the setups. The detective story feels too focused on and has little variance outside the ending. The other two options are very simple to do. Ourside of them, pretty much everything else is about getting up to her office which again is very easy to do by climbing. It’s ban sized but lacks the bank’s complexity.

Still, I enjoy all Hitman maps (even Bangkok! lol). This is just lower tier for me.

1 Like

agreed, This map would be perfect for a couple of “special assignment” targets, otherwise I don’t see myself playing it much

It really is easy to get around using the pipes and ledges. I guess we can choose not to use them to add challenge.

1 Like

There’s another way that doesn’t involve going upstairs. Possibly more, but none that I’ve found so probably not.

You can also (for instance) set up the photography kill so that the photographer does it by himself. I was already in the room with the safe when Carlisle croaked.

4 Likes

It’s interesting bc you must go upstairs but during the level you find intel in note that says the very thing you seek is in a safe box at the London Milton Fitz bank. It would have been cool if you had the option to go upstairs or get the 2 keys that are mentioned in the note. Leave with the keys and the game assumes you drive to London to clear out the box.

That’s how it does work.

1 Like