Deathloop (September 14, 2021)

4 Likes

Deathloop is a murder puzzle where you play an assassin trapped in a time loop. But don’t worry, time is always on your side.

Yeah yeah, I think we know the concept pretty well here :sunglasses:

6 Likes

StealthGamerBR is gonna have a field day with this game…

4 Likes

he’s gonna completely break it.

i could be wrong, but i think they got him to do some of the trailer footage at some point?

1 Like

Game Informer has Deathloop on the cover. Theoretically, the digital version is available, but my subscription lapsed, what with me not setting foot in a GameStop for over a year.

But it looks like they’re covering it for the month the way they did with Hitman 3, so there should be some new videos and articles in the next few weeks.

1 Like

Did anyone see the movie Edge of tomorrow? It did the deathloop idea very well in my eyes. Don’t be fooled by the fact that the main cast is Tom Cruise.
In the movie, he is an untrained war reporter that suddenly is thrown into combat. Of course, on the first attempt he instantly gets shot and dies as soon as he exposes himself.
With every new attempt, he learns enemy patterns to evade attacks but also learns how ro convince other people to trust his words and follow him, all by trial and error. Error means death means starting over. Incrementally, he advances and finally breaks the loop when he destroys the whatever main robot antagonist.

If this game has a simIlar approach, that would be so cool.

Laughing in Groundhog Day

1 Like

Feels like Dishonored mixed with Groundhog Day. Sadly it’s not my cup of tea :frowning:
Still waiting for that Arx Fatalis / Dark Messiah follow-up, Arkane! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yeah, pretty sure that´s what it´s gonna be :slight_smile: Looking forward to it, but if Dishonored 2 is anything to go by, my PC probably won´t be able to run it in sufficient quality :joy:

Damn, still gotta play those two :thinking: The kicking mechanic in DM looked especially enjoyable :grin:

2 Likes

Game Informer did the annoying Rapid Fire thing with game director Dinga Bakaba. Every once in a while, they even ask him something serious about the game.

And a screenshot gallery.

Some gameplay showing off some of the weapons in the game (including a Prey-style turret :grinning:).

And an article on how they approached designing Deathloop.

2 Likes

Some cool details on how the multiplayer works.

• Julianna will only be able to invade when there are other targets around, so there’ll be times you’re free to explore different areas without worrying about her.
  • You’re immediately notified of her presence and the area locks down.
  • You don’t have to fight her. You can hack an antenna and escape the area.
  • In addition to being able to turn it off entirely, you can also limit invasions to people on your friends list.
  • You won’t be able to communicate with the person invading directly, in part to preserve Julianna as her own character.

And apparently they haven’t decided yet whether or not the game will tell you if Julianna is being controlled by the AI or a 12 year old loser in their parents basement with Hot Pocket grease all over their fingers a real person.

2 Likes

Game director DInga Bakaba answers some fan submitted questions.

A few things I found interesting:

• Based on playtesting, the game is comparable in length to the Dishonored games and Prey.
  • Julianna has her own progression system, but it’s random to keep her invasions unpredictable.
  • When they talk about there being one solution to ending the loop, they’re referring to there being one way to manipulate all 8 characters into going to the right district at the right time so you have the opportunity to kill them all in one loop. How you go about killing them is still up to you.
2 Likes

It’s growing on me, looks more and more interesting and fun, but sadly there is no way I can buy (I could, but no way to play it.) this game when released in May, PS5 is nowhere to be seen here in Norway, some say summer and some even says next year! :grimacing:

In retrospect, I think it is a mistake to release this game only on PS5, I’m pretty sure they could sell more if released on PS4 as well, developed for PS4, and upgradeable to PS5 would in my mind be ideal.

It’s been delayed to September: https://twitter.com/deathloop/status/1380160144206626824

9 Likes

with mass effect and resi 8 coming out only weeks before the original release date i was strongly considering skipping it until later anyway so this is pretty good news tbh

1 Like

And I probably won’t have a PS5 before September anyway.

2 Likes

Good for us who don’t have been able to buy a PS5 yet, scalpers can keep theirs.

1 Like

Arkane gave a hands-off preview to a bunch of sites. Can’t wait to telekinetically throw some fools around. :grin:

https://youtu.be/g9D2VTVkIMs

2 Likes

i won’t be able to play it for a long time, but i’m still hyped as all hell. very much my bag.

1 Like