Diana talks way too much

Are you contributing?

Yes, I’m contributing concern.

If 47 did this in a mission HITMAN 2 would be the GOAT now and forever:

True.

Thinking on it, maybe another issue for me with the dialog could be it gives off the impression that he just “turned up” on the day with no prep at all. The first time you see the target and Diana says “THAT is…”, it frames the situation that it is the first time 47 is seeing this person, and he hasn’t already read the assignment or seen the pictures himself prior to arriving

Hi. Clickbait title aside, is there really no way to turn off Diana’s constant handholding messages and order barking? Season 2 really amped this stuff up and she comments on nearly everything, often reiterating the obvious or at worst spoiling puzzle solutions, and unlike mission stories or other handholding gameplay mechanics it seems you can’t turn any of it off. Let me give you some concrete examples:

Columbia

1. Two NPCs talk about non-target famous tattoo artist.
  2. Famous tattoo artists also talks about being a famous tattoo artist on the phone.
  3. Diana: “47, THAT IS THE FAMOUS TATTOO GUY”

Whittleton Creek

1. Two NPCs talk about someone burying something
  2. Diana: “47, IT LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE BURIED SOMETHING. MAYBE YOU SHOULD CHECK IT OUT.”

Mumbai (the worst in this regard from my experience)

1. Two NPCs talk about a suspicious tenant

2. Diana: “47, ACCORDING TO MY INTEL A SUSPICIOUS PERSON LIVES HERE. MAYBE YOU SHOULD CHECK IT OUT”

3. Knock out a tailor

4. Diana: “OKAY 47, LET’S FIND OUT WHAT TYPE OF CLOTH THE TARGET LIKES”

5. Find out the color

6. Diana “BE ADVISED 47, MAYBE YOU SHOULD BUY TEXTILES FROM ONE OF THE MERCHANTS”

Or the worst offender in handholding, actual objective markers for target Maelstrom whose supposed main gimmick is that you don’t know his face . You aren’t allowed to do detective work yourself based on your own deductions. Once you find a photo as a clue, the game immediately places unique objective markers (that can’t be turned off, unlike normal objective markers) on different lookalike candidates you have to shuffle through, while Diana automatically checks them out for you when you get near them. This is outright insulting.

You have this new unique target idea and then proceed to instantly squander it by forcing handholding mechanics on the player once they get the first clue? Following a voice on the phone’s instructions? You really couldn’t think of a better, more organic ways to go on about this? F.ex. other additional clues like hints to their behavior and clothing, allowing you to better narrow down your target? Eavesdropping suspects? Nah, let’s go with objective marker whack-a-mole that you can’t turn off instead.

Whatever the case, there needs to be an option that lets you greatly tone down the amount of Diana’s handholding radio chatter.

You make valid points, the missions could have been better without so much handholding. Finding Maelstrom was the highlight of the Mumbai mission, it was an great concept implemented poorly…

Yet on the other hand I find Diana’s radio chatter helpful for the most part, quite often the NPC dialogues are too quiet or are muffled by ambient noises so much that I have to stand right next to them to hear what their talking, for the sake of immersion I keep my distance and let Diana fill me in on the details. Also, I like it when Diana talks about a clue I found, so I can keep playing instead of going into the menu to read the description.

DIdn’t you kill her in Absolution? I did. Haven’t heard her since.

Yes indeed. She keeps interrupting you, your immersion into the game, and other dialogues as well, and, what’s worst, she offers you her ‘suggestions’ and quite out-of-place humour which I think nobody fancies.

Opportunities are very easy to figure out even if you turn them off (and despite this she still provides you a Opportunity briefing when you check the intel, you just don’t see the text).

The game simply won’t let you alone, always throwing hints and suggestions at you. A big, flashing, neon cowboy would be more subtle in some cases.

Not to mention that some opportunities are simply… well… Let’s say you dress-up as a tattoo artist… how all those tattoos appeared on your body? Or you infiltrate as a member of a band (despite being just too pale to fit in), and, strangely, all the band members recognize you as their crazy friend, who just shaved his head. Not only you are led, big time, some scenarios just don’t make bloody sense.

I would really welcome the atmosphere of just you, the music, the surroundings, and playing everything by ear (as suggested in Hokkaido briefing, but it seems she didn’t really mean it).

Also I would welcome more substantial motivation, and yes, I mean money, as I am an assassin (“You know my terms,. cash on the nail.”), and I am paid exceptionally well for this one (“Nobody turns down a blank cheque”). I know that I’m referring to Blood Money system, which was great in my opinion, but that’s for another thread. The point is - getting just icons and points doesn’t mean $h!t to me.

The solution? Just make an option of turning Diana off (for turned-off opportunities as well), and all will be good.

Definitely agree. Even 2016 was more torelable in that regard.

I agree, I would love to be able to set Diana’s volume.
…especially in PZ Hokkaido, and The Vector.

Don’t we have separate threads for this? We have one for at least, Diana talking? We all know the opportunities can be turned off.

Generally I agree in that handholding is a problem but I actually like Diana and 47’s comms so tolerate it. What I would have liked though is some kind of filter on her voice to indicate that you’re hearing her through an ear piece. Hell, they could have had the audio coming through the PS4 controller.

47 uses a quality Sennheiser earpiece, no need for a filter lol.
I like it the way it is, i’m not a fan of filters since my ears are sensitive to high pitch static.

I thought it was implemented very well…

The voice is not the problem… it’s her sight. Seeing everything, everywhere, even in 2016, where she was able to see pictures of Beldingford, Hiyamoto, but not able to see ‘Providence’ written on the wall (just for the sake of dramatic revelation).

I really wish they’d add an option to either reduce her presence, or turn her off entirely. It’s fine for your first runthrough, but gets old after multiple replays.

I’ll have to replay the mission a few more times to see everything (got lucky and found his picture on my first try, haven’t checked the other Crow hideouts), so maybe there’s more to it. But the part where you have to identify him in the crowd was really uninteresting, you just have to roam the streets and stand near the marked NPCs. I would have preferred more involvement on the players part, maybe show us his actual picture and let us find him in the crowd, maybe even get positive identification only after taking him out..

I do remember now there is another way to draw him out (rising the flag on the hilltop) and that approach was great. Unfortunately I stumbled upon it after already identifying him, but it still helped to get him away from the street.

(Feels like I’m redacting secret documents)

For future reference I don’t think Kale changes his appearance every time. He will always wear a pink sweater and white/cream/tan (whatever colour) cargo pants

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.