Discourse 101

Hitmanforum is using the Discourse forum software. Since everyone loves progress, but nobody likes change, this thread is meant to help get you started. Please post questions below and I will keep the first post in the thread updated.

Keep scrolling

There are no next page buttons or page numbers – to read more, just keep scrolling down!

As new replies come in, they will appear automatically at the bottom of the topic.

How do I reply?

• To reply to a specific post, use the Reply button on that post.
  • To reply to the overall theme of the topic, rather than any specific person or post in the topic, use the Reply button at the very bottom of the topic.
  • To take the conversation in a different direction, but keep them linked together, use Reply as New Topic to the right of the post.

Who is talking to me?

When someone replies to your post, quotes you, or mentions your @username, a number ➀ will appear over a conversation button at the top of the page. Use it see who’s talking to you, and where.

• To mention someone’s name, start typing @ and an autocompleter will pop up.
  • To quote just a section of a post, select it, then use the Reply button that appears over your selection.
  • To quote an entire post, use the Import Quote button on the editor toolbar.

Look at that post!

To let someone know that you enjoyed their post, use the like :heart: button at the bottom of the post. If you see a problem with a post, don’t hesitate to use the flag button and privately let our staff know about it.

Where am I?

• To get back to the home page at any time, use the logo at the upper left or the back ← button on your browser.
  • For search, your user page, or the sitemap, use the icon buttons at the upper right.
  • While reading a topic, move to the top ↑ by clicking its title at the top of the page, or press the home key. To reach the bottom ↓, use the down arrow on the topic progress indicator at the bottom of the page, or press the end key.
  • Use times as entry shortcuts. You can always enter at the top of a topic via the first post date, and the bottom via the last post date.

How does the forum’s built-in spam protection work?

Please see the following thread…

How do I make a Poll?

Like this, but leave out the “_”

[poll_]
- A
- B
- C
[/poll_]

We believe in civilized community behavior at all times.

Enjoy your stay!

Poll: What was your first Hitman game?
A perfect forum vanishes for this?
Many of you are cheapskates
March Update Release Notes (14.03.17)
Hitman Codename 47

How do I even…

Not a big issue, but everytime I click the back button it takes me back to a page where all the categories are in one page, not just the Meta page I was in, kinda of an nuisance.

EDIT: And now it’s working fine? Weird. Oh well nevermind, sorry!

Back button does not work as expected?

I moved a post to a new topic: Bloodmoney - How to Quit / Save

I moved a post to a new topic: Back-button / navigation bug when using categories

I’m glad! This Discourse software is the shizznit, once you get the hang of it, that is. Every forum should be like this.

I love the new forum, it really is very nice, but is there a reason why it has to show all the small edits we make to our posts? This feature seems to be coming more popular around the internet in general, on forums and Facebook and the like… but why?

Some things that are edited are worthy of mention, while others such as small alterations, or changes that are made because you perhaps you phrased something incorrectly or said something you shouldn’t have, really needn’t be displayed for everyone to see.

For example, if I post a regrettable status on my Facebook page and want to alter it, I have to first delete it and repost an altered version so that everyone doesn’t see what was there previously.

Kalashnikov, I see what you did there :smile:

How about a new banner with the new picture of 47?

Like this one?

Precisely.

I’m just happy that I finally figured out how to quote people. Up until now, I couldn’t figure it out. I finally realized that I had to highlight the text.

On that note, @ampburner, my phone’s browser doesn’t allow me to do the quote-by-highlighting feature (and I don’t have regular access to a computer). It’d be great if there were also a button to quote the whole post. Or at least a place that shows the BBcode to type in for various features. (I have looked but not found.)

Please? If you do this, a magic fairy will grant you a dollar.

Have you tried using a different browser? …usually mobile/tablet browsers enable you to highlight text quite easily.

Which one would you suggest for the IPhone?

It worked on my old device (iOS, Safari) but not my current one (Android, Firefox). I am able to highlight text just fine, but the Quote option doesn’t come up. The best I’ve been able to figure out is to copy and paste the text into BBCode that I write out. For example:

@Watson said:
[quote]
Have you tried using a different browser? ...usually mobile/tablet browsers enable you to highlight text quite easily.
[/quote]

I live in an area with very slow connections. I’m not interested in Chrome. Maybe I need to invest time in searching for a better browser when I have time with a decent connection. Any recommendations are welcome. :wink:

I haven’t brought this up before because I realize I’m probably the only one with this issue. But since @Sean mentioned having troubling figuring out how to quote, I figured I might as well mention my issue, as well.

Oh wow. This is amazing. I’m using my IPhone 6 Plus right now instead of my computer because I’m waiting for the bus to head to a free dinner, and it works just fine for me on the default, Safari.

I don’t even have to use a different mobile browser. This is fantastic.

Works on my iPhone 6 as well

Cool.
So I guess just Android users aren’t able to use this feature. Damn. I hope there will be a fix for them.