Do any of you actually use the fiber wire?

I know when the older Hitman games it was a very important tool. But honestly in my playthroughs I never bother equipping it unless it is for to complete a challenge.

I find to knock people out the non-lethal melee weapons are a lot faster and then you can just snap their neck and kill them afterwards if you want to anyways. Really the only upside is you can instantly drag people after you strangle them but I usually am never in a position to where that would give me the split-second advantage it offers anyways.

And all non-lethal melee weapons are completely silent when you attacked from behind if I’m not mistaken but I could be wrong. Do any of you think that it is a vital tool that you must have?

5 Likes

Hell no I never use it not because I don’t want to I loved using fibre wire. I just cannot bare to see that crappy invisible animation.

28 Likes

What do you mean invisible animation? Wasn’t that a problem in the alpha? I always get an animation of him strangling someone similar to Absolution.

I just don’t find it useful since I’d rather have a poison or something equipped and I can always subdue people or use a melee weapon on them.

Really if you press square decently fast its basically the same speed as fiber wiring them. No insta drag of course though.

Maybe if it was always equipped by default and didn’t require you to take up and Equipment slot I would use it more. But in my opinion there’s just so many more useful items for those 2 equipment spots than having the wire

1 Like

As in you can’t even see the fibre wire around their neck…it’s invisible.

5 Likes

Want to use it, my favorite Assassin weapon since the first game.
But i don’t use it, why? terrible unsatisfying cheap animations…

20 Likes

Ah. Never noticed it. Only used it a handful of times. Yea that is silly. Would be cool if not only obviously you can see it around their neck but afterwards they had a blood line around their throat. Will never happen of course but a guy can dream right?

5 Likes

Takes a loadout slot and the animation is AWFUL. I don’t use it. You also can’t garrote sitting targets even though you can subdue them.

13 Likes

For me, the problem is the introduction of the Subdue option.
Before, while infiltrating, you had to, either equip a sedative, or use the fiber wire in order to take someone out silently, without leaving blood pools.
Now there’s no use on using the fiber wire anymore… because subduing a target it’s a 100% silent, fast, and always successful. I personally don’t like this feature…

8 Likes

It’s still useful as you go into dragging the body instantly which makes for quick disposal of bodies. Even that can’t make me look past the terrible animation though. It’s just one thing on a list of many I hope to see improved.

2 Likes

I loved the fibre wire animations in the old game. They were slow, but they were completely silent.The new kill animations are so fast, it completely removes the tense feeling that the old games had.

I remember in Blood money, that I could use a fibre wire to kill someone in complete silence, but the animations took a few seconds. This would make certain situations very tense if a guard was coming back into the room or area on his patrol.

However, if I needed to kill someone as fast as possible, I could use a silenced weapon, however, it would leave blood on the ground, which would alert patrolling guards. It was like this for other melee weapons also.

In the new game, NPCs don’t react to blood and the fibre wire animation is basically as fast as a neck snap, completely pointless weapon now. I’ve only ever used it for some of the challenges that required you to use it.

Also, the old games animations just looked better. Making the fibre wire pretty cool to use.

8 Likes

I still like it. The missing wire is a bummer but i can overlook small things like that usually. And it seems quieter than all other options if another npc is right there. It’s in almost all of my loadouts unless I’m trying “target only kills.”

5 Likes

I agree with you 100%. Unfortunately the game is kind of built around a bunch of core things and one of them is that even with no equipment at all you can pacify an NPC from behind. To take that away might cut out many of our approach options or make the devs give 47 a high number of sedative syringes.

Assuming they would fix it why not keep it in game but add random chance to it? When you disarm a guard in BM there is a chance the weapon fires. Maybe for this there is a chance they get out a scream or a chance they wiggle out or, I don’t know, bite your arm so hard you let go and then they run away, or if it’s an armed NPC they reach straight for their weapon and get off a shot.

Just an idea.

1 Like

Yeah after I started just messing around with it right now the animation is pretty bad. Apart from fixing the animation and adding maybe 2 to 3 animations for the strangle I think that 47 should always have the Fiber Wire without having to use an equipment slot.

I think that’s the biggest problem is that it takes up and Equipment slot when there’s way more useful things that you’d want to have those slots use

2 Likes

False, false and false. It’s not even near 100% silent plus it makes addinational sound when you snap someone’s neck. fast? Not when compared to the wire and no, it’s not always succesful because of the fucking bug.

1 Like

Perfectly said! Even with the crappy animation I would use it if I had it bc I love it. But I always take the lock pick and then either coins or sedative and then I usually have a bomb in the ICA stash in case I want to go that route.

1 Like

It may make a sound on screen through your speakers but as far as other guards hearing the subdue I’m almost positive that they do not. I’m in fact almost positive that if your Crouch and approach someone from behind with a crowbar and whack them in the head with it a guard right next to you will not hear it as long as he is looking the other way.

But does anyone want to thoroughly test this to give a definitive answer? If anything they should just double or triple the time that it takes to subdue someone to make the wire useful again.

And actually if you mash the square button very rapidly while doing a subdue it is literally about exactly the same as wiring someone. Obviously you do not get the instant grab though but you also aren’t forced to kill someone but have the option of killing them if you want

1 Like

I don’t think the equipment your using being invisible during the animation is a small thing :smile:. I tried to keep using it but I just couldn’t it annoyed me too much. It will be a sad tale if the animation stays like this for such an iconic Hitman tool.

2 Likes

I only used it a couple times to check off the challenges that required it. If no one has seen it, check out Alekhine’s Gun fiber wire animation, pretty much spot on as to what we want, and they had a budget of about 50.00. They even added a thing that if you don’t keep tapping the button, the victim fights his way out of it as you’re trying to kill him. Perfect. The rest of the game is absolutely awful, but they got that one thing right.

7 Likes

Unfortunately, not as much as I’d want to. It’s become less interesting since it was reduced to ‘press X to garrote’ along with the current animation they’ve implemented. Same deal with the syringe.

13 Likes

I haven’t played yet, but everyone’s making it sound disappointing :frowning: I’ve used the wire as my weapon in every game.

And my number 2 was the needle. Maybe the animations are a stronger draw than I realized.

1 Like