Easter Featured Contracts April 14th

I’ve just finished playing them all, so in the order I played here are my opinions:

Saving Easter’s kill methods feel all over the place. Disguise requirements are also very useless on DGS unless you’re marking Jay Harris, cleaning in the living room or one of the bodyguards at the terrace. I appreciate the lack of complications as this contract is already very linear.
The Great Filigree Egg Heist is a lovely contract which is comfortable enough to speedrun without feeling like a Luca Wood contract (poor man :pensive: ). Mobeen Kamal is a very good target due to the wallbang, and even without it you can use fancy coin trickery, or even just a poison needle. Akbar is trolling me with the explosive, though. Turns out his feet don’t feel explosives lol.
Egg Hunter: Berlin was a bit too easy, but I guess that’s what happens when it isn’t playtested :stuck_out_tongue: . For the bartenders, it really felt like there was only one way to do the three unfortunately, but they’re positioned well throughout the map.
Ressurection! has a bit too much running about :slightly_frowning_face: .Yet congrats to @Heepo for figuring out the perfect way/amount to bribe Clemens and the Cool Gang to get so many featured contracts. You’re living the contracts dream, watch out Urben. Thanks for not making the kills melee; I don’t need the hassle of dragging a bodyguard into the sewer.
The New Yorkian Bunny was alright, but these poor robbers just keep getting killed. It does teach the two door rule to anyone who didn’t play the WC contract back in H2 though, which I appreciate along with the neat ol’ speedrun trick.

I wonder when we’ll get another curated batch. I liked the formula of including plenty of community members, and I’ll offer my soul to curate some contracts.

but 5 urben contracts in one batch is more likely

6 Likes

True,the ez is what I design to be.Cause Clemems always pick an ez one, a normal one but with some interesting limit,and a complex one for FCs.I notice that there’s not many ez contracts in the submition topic,so I realized I should create one.(my original idea is make some disguise limit,mark other targets that harder to kill,but after some playtested,I notice that will make the contract be too difficult to design,so I just make it any/any)
Btw,after I just played it few hours ago,I realized although it ez to complete,it still be a bit difficult to speedrun.

2 Likes

Don’t give up, there will be more rounds in the future :slight_smile:

10 Likes

i almost did it melee but while i was making it i realized how bad that sucked :skull:
watch out urben, im coming for that curator throne :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

Yeah boiiiiiieeee

6 Likes

Precisely! I’ve made two contracts for every batch on this forum (three for pride but I think I only submitted two) and the only one picked was on the F7SC discord
It’s always nice to get the inspiration and prompt for contracts; I could never complain about that

5 Likes

Oh poor Linux… you are supposed to place the breacher on the hand stand of the chair

1 Like

My run of my own FC:

4 Likes

@PapaLevy ezpz

5 Likes

Since nobody has posted a bunny run so far, here’s mine.

5 Likes

Yes, it did end up going on the chair in the end
It was pretty damn awkward watching it happen though

1 Like

At first glace I wasn’t sure about this contract, but ended up enjoying it after figuring out a route.

I would’ve been fine with melee kills personally, but this reminded me how much we need the Contracts Mode to have just the melee weapon as a kill objective, instead of the melee/throw bifurcation.

6 Likes

im glad you came around to liking it! i really hope y2 brings some contracts mode improvements

2 Likes

Nice. I did it initially suit only, but redid the contract with the bank robber disguise. I find the disguise adds to the contract, but with the amount of enforcers in the lobby I can see why the disguise requirement was omitted.

1 Like

@Zebulaus yea, this contract wasn’t a good contract, poor target choices, poor kill conditions and this whole thing was messy overall, yikes. replayed it cuz I had a good strat tho.

3 Likes

Since Linux did his own review of each contract, I feel like why not doing one aswell.

SPOILER ALERT none of these were great contracts, best were mid imo.

BEST: EGG HUNTER: BERLIN
Yeah, this contract is mid cuz of no playtesting, still Quartz Tan did a great job making multiple starting locations good for this contract and great exit balances, but, I’d still go for different targets because the difficulty of these 5 targets wasn’t balanced as it should have been, I can totally see why others would call this a great contract, just wasn’t all that for me.

2ND PLACE: THE NEW YORKIAN BUNNY
If I’m being honest, the challenge in this contract is to grab the pistol not to kill these the 2 robbers, lol, that guard in the basement is so sensitive to sound like what the fuck, but yea, a contract that seems scary because of the 2 loud kills ended up being very easy, still a fun contract to grind. Love you Levy.

3RD PLACE: THE GREAT FILIGRRE EGG HEIST
tbh, I call myself the Dubai hater, why? Because I hate Dubai and avoid it at all cost, but I was still interested in checking this one, and this one was easy as hell, other than the contract being easy theres nothing wrong, quite decent imo, but I can see why others going crazy over it, I just hate Dubai.

4TH PLACE: RESURRECTION!
Start at the mansion, run to the church, run back to mansion and exit, the problem is quite clear with this one, poor target choices (these targets were chosen cuz of their disguises, not because of their difficulty aspect), the priest is the most challenging target but even he can be eliminated quite easily, and Mario y Luigi are already isolated so killing them both is challenge-less(?), ok, my point is clear, didn’t liked this one, sorry georgikens.

LAST PLACE: SAVING EASTER
As I said in my previous post with my run of this contract, poor target choices (my fav target was the thrown hatchet tho, he was fun to kill), poor kill condition choices, and this whole contract was quite messy overall, and side note, if the only starting disguise available is Suit, and 95% of the contract isn’t trespassing areas, than restricting the kills to suit is pointless.

5 Likes
6 Likes

My run of Saving Easter:

2 Likes

Decent batch. I’m happy we’re getting H1 and H2 maps again. Need more Mumbai featured contracts.

2 Likes

Definitely. Especially since we never even got ETs for it.

3 Likes