Elusive Target #1: THE DECEIVERS (Year 3: 12 - 22 May 2023)

There is no escape car.

3 Likes

I’m surprised there weren’t guards posted at the boat and a restricted area setup on the pier.

1 Like

Where one would be if the layout had t been fucked with.

1 Like

So, rewatching an old original playthrough from May 2016, he actually drinks from the wine more than once :thinking:

I believe it was Mr. Giggles that has the single drink and never drinks again

3 Likes

I can’t remember if it was Giggles or not as i never poison his drink so i don’t pay attention! But i do know however that The Sensation does only drinks his Vodka once.

2 Likes

I finally got my revenge on Richard J Magee since last time was a real fiasco (i stupidly rushed it because i felt too confident after killing Trout). So Silent Assassin it is. I followed Magee’s routine inside the villa commenting. I took him down with the obvious wine tasting.
Question: does the hippie usually come out of his appartment? In my first attempt he got out and spotted me after i subdued the guard smoking at the window.
The same guard spotted me disguised as a guard myself when i was about to take him down through the window, but didn’t when i was dressed as the kitchen help from the basement. Is it because he’s an enforcer and can recognize if i’m dressed as a guard?

4 Likes

Yes, the hippie goes out and smokes on his balcony!

I remember the guards in the Clock Tower being mostly enforcers for other guard disguises, so that’s a solid guess

1 Like

From what I found on the steam discussions it looks like the challenges will show as completed for those of us who did it before they were added after the ET expires.

2 Likes

Yes the challenges will complete retroactively once the ET has ended. :slight_smile:

20 Likes

Two targets, one die from fall and another from poison, very cute…

3 Likes

That’s what i thought about the guards. The hippie is the real surprise, i never realised he would go on the balcony. Thank you for your answer.

4 Likes

I logged on this evening to check the challenges now the ET has ended but they’re still not completed for me. Is there anything I need to do or do I just need to wait longer for them to unlock?

I’m on Xbox in case that makes a difference.

1 Like

You shouldn’t have to do anything except wait. It can take a couple of days for everything to get sorted out.

2 Likes

From memory, when this happened last year with The Collector Y2 it took about a week after it ended for the challenges to be marked off.

2 Likes

But I want my completion now! :joy:

I figured it would take a week or two. Personally , I’m waiting until after this batch of ETs are done (June 5) before I start complaining.

1 Like

I’m gonna take a page out of ioi’s book and complain, roadmap style.

21 Likes

Very bold having a release on a Saturday (May 27th).

7 Likes

Complaints don’t take days off.

** EDIT

Guess ioi saw my post, problem has been fixed on Xbox. :rofl:

7 Likes

Yeah, I noticed that last night too.

Because of previous occurrences, I wouldn’t be surprised if IOI has a script that validates all profiles and challenges the day after the ET ended, regardless if the challenges will available at the start or need to retroactively award in the event of delayed launch.

3 Likes

10 Likes