Elusive Target #11: THE PROCURERS (Year 3 : 30 June - 10 July 2023)

I’d be surprised if there are only 15. Whether they unlock all of the ETs at some point, just keep rotating them, or only do them for the first couple of years, there will ultimately be a lot more than just 15 ETs (including the ones from the Hitman 1 and 2 maps that are reused). I don’t know how many you can miss and still get to 15 when all is said and done, but missing 2 or 3 shouldn’t keep anyone from getting that achievement.

What I don’t like about it is that at some point it becomes the same frustration as the challenges in the sniper mode. Missing one means that the achievement is impossible. Maybe you hit every target perfectly and then miss the last one, ruining the whole thing. I had hoped that the changes that IOI were going to make to the Elusive Targets was to make them available permanently but that didn’t happen and there’s been no word on what the changes were going to be.

Elusive Targets are supposed to be mysterious and, well, “elusive” but the amount of frustration I see in other players is something else I think. It can make the game frustrating to miss out on something because of one NPC looking right when you thought they’d look left. Not every player is a level-memorizing speed runner who has the timing of every NPC on the level charted out. Many of those players will end up missing at least some of the unlocks just because they can’t spend the amount of time on the game that they would need to in order to really master it.

3 Likes

Like me, it’s like everytime i redo a level, i forgot everything :laughing:

1 Like

I’m pretty good at remembering the levels, though I’m not at the level of the more elite players for sure, but I admit that with the current release schedule, I’ll probably play the game about one or two times a week right now. In the meantime my head is full of lots of other stuff including work, family, other games, etc. and I forget stuff just like anyone. In any other level it’s not that big a deal to restart but in an Elusive Target (outside of yanking the network or hard powering down the machine), restarting isn’t really an option once you get past a certain point.

4 Likes

I think you’ll still manage to get 15. In Hitman 2 they did 21 ETs total (7 new counting both Undyings, 14 legacy), at the current rate they’ll have done 16 by the time the Season of Wrath is over (7 new, 9 legacy). However, there’s still 3 legacy Hitman 2 ETs to rerun (5 if they’re able to rerun both Undyings) bringing the total up to 19/21. That’s also assuming they don’t rerun any more 2016 ETs (which they probably will) or make any more new ETs (less likely but could still happen).

2 Likes

2 et each season, means we see 16 et’s at the end of wrath season. and i dont think its would mean an end to live support and we wouldnt get more et’s. at least old ones

2 Likes

Unless I’m mistaken…

The credits for this ET list the character names instead of the voice actors. :sweat_smile:
Might want to Give Credit Where Credit’s Due again, IOI. @Travis_IOI

19 Likes

Yeah… I’ll ask around. It looks like you’re right.

10 Likes

The Procurers: Themselves

7 Likes

Alright, so I just launched the ET multiple times to test it a bit. Especially since the Iconoclast wine opportunity was fixed for the reactivation.

The second meeting between the targets has not been fixed. As before the targets stay in place as if they were waiting for the other one.
As a consequence the whole ET breaks at the 20 minute mark, not very visible in elusive targets as they are currently presented where efficiency is rewarded, but if they become more easily accessible and to experiment with it might become an hindrance.

It also breaks the narrative of “I oberved the targets meeting, I will wait the next one to prepare and do a simultaneous accident”, forcing a relaunch if someone wishes to use it.

I don’t know if it’s a missing trigger, if it’s an issue with overall loops and their inner working or their interonnections, or just because there is no other conversation to play.

For once I will tag @Travis_IOI , because with the Elusive Target Arcade that will arrive this month it might become an issue that will be more visible.

(it is also possible that the issue was solved, but that this version is not the one currently available, we will see when the Arcade arrives)

4 Likes

I’d say it’s probably been fixed, but is just waiting to be deployed. The Procurers went live originally on September 3rd, and the last patch that fixed any bugs was released a few weeks later on the 28th. There wasn’t really enough time for the to investigate the issue, fix it and then test it before the 3.70 patch went live.

If we get a patch with fixes on January 20th (I would be extremely surprised if we don’t), that will be almost four months since the last bug fixes so that would be more than enough time for them to have fully developed a fix.

1 Like

SA/SONKO - meeting double poison kill

5 Likes

I was trying to catch up on this ET I missed back in September, but I just got screwed over because this ET is super buggy.

My plan was to poison Burk’s beer, and then discreetly lure Roe into the ground floor bathroom and quietly eliminate him there. I already eliminated Burk via poison and made my way downstairs… Only to find Roe just standing in the dining room. He had just served a meal to Gregory Carlisle and said he was going to the kitchen to prepare another meal. Every other practice run, Roe would then pick up the platter and go to the kitchen. But no, not this time; this time, Roe just stood next to the dining table and froze there. After a few minutes of waiting, I tried to throw a bar of soap as a distraction to see if that would get him to move, but that just got me spotted by the maid in the hallway. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Tried to use the ol’ Internet disconnection trick (since I couldn’t restart since I already eliminated Burk), but surprise, it was just after 4:00 AM PST and this ET had now expired. But it’s not like I could’ve restarted anyway since the time was up.

*sigh*… At least the ET says “Missed” instead of “Failed”, so maybe I’ll get another chance if IOI reruns the ETs. :pleading_face:

1 Like

For when I tackle this in Arcade mode, I want to do something I didn’t when they first released. I know about using the cigarettes to deal with Burke, but for Roe, what accidents can be arranged? I had heard that he can be killed in the kitchen with a gas leak on the stove. Is this true?

There was a bug about the gas leak in the kitchen, where it exploded just after the player sabotaged it: this was due to the presence on the fireplace in the room adiacent to the kitchen. I hear many players failed this ET cause this stupid glitch.
AFAIK, this bug it’s now fixed in the previous patch, but I’m not really sure about that.

BTW Jack Roe is the easiest of the two to isolate, He isn’t even an enforcer to you neither in your 47 suit. I think you can try something different and safer with him.

2 Likes

I do want to try the kitchen gas leak, if it is both A) viable, and B) he goes to it. I want to kill both targets in gas explosions if possible without resorting to a propane flask.

First of all, you must hope that the glitch I mentioned above is fixed, or you’ll blow away just after you released the leak (I saw some video about this incident, it wasn’t pretty).

Second, the main risk is that someone else will try to operate the oven instead of Roe, especially that one maid that is close there: but I think you just need to make her sick with emetic for solve this. Once you sabotage undetected the oven, if Roe is there will surely investigate it immediately and then blow away.
Never tried this incident in Dartmoor (but a lot on Paris), but I think it would be doable, still if that glitch its fixed.

Well, I’d only be using it with arcade mode, so no risk other than having to wait until the next day if isn’t fixed. For the #2 Procurers, when that inevitably comes, I’ll stick to less risky methods and just poison the pricks like I did last time.

1 Like

That’s good as well.
If you want to try something with him in the future, remember he’s way easier than Robert to follow and isolate. He won’t react to your presence even if you’re in your default suit and he’s not followed by any guard (differently from Robert on both cases) , so you can follow him (avoiding the guards and mansion staff, of course) and placing some trap during his pathway.

yeah i remembered what happened to one guy who was doing the stove kill but the stove blow up itself caused your man failed the et i hate that stove glitch

but overall i can’t wait to tackle these guys again in the arcade mode this thursday