Elusive Target #12: THE FOOD CRITIC (Year 3: 20 - 30 October 2023)

Update: I blew him up. Not exactly in the stealthiest way possible, but the job is done regardless.

6 Likes

Done. The Food Critic’s appetite does not agree with things cooked with propane.

5 Likes

Sir, you are amazing. I’ve been enjoying your series for the ETs. Top job!

3 Likes

The briefing had something about cold water in it. So I decided to give him a lot of water…

11 Likes

And… this is my first “gun trick” of the ET season! :gun:
I made a show of it! :clown_face:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obtXDIUMr6s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMbhOl2A7FM

12 Likes

I’ve been trying to avoid relying on things like the Emetic Briefcase, but I’ve gathered that the Food Critic was relatively stationary and I haven’t been playing a lot of Hitman lately, so I made an exception. I was actually kind of pleased that it didn’t do all the work for me and I had to think on my feet a little.

And with the Casual Suit and Undying Look back in the fold, the number of suits I need to re-unlock is down to single digits. :partying_face:

11 Likes

This isn’t the most original method but it gets the job done. It’s relatively similar to my original method in Hitman 2016.

I forgot that he goes to the bread basked to vomit, so I couldn’t do it with the broadsword like I had intended.

9 Likes

I’ve finally unlocked the Undying Look ! After years of lamentation about missing it in hitman 2, it is good to finally have it.

To assure this my completionist profile run was the poisoned cake opportunity. So it was boring, and uneventful and I am not going to bore you with it.

Now for my second profile, and to celebrate, I wanted to be more creative.
My first thought was to go to Wen Ts’ai, smash an explosive in his plate before screaming “How do you like THAT seasoning !“ and running like hell.

In the end for the reactivation of a 2016 Elusive Target I decided to serve a speciality from his time, an homage to his many original deaths, a death a la carte one might say.

It is not subtle.

It has all 18 fire extinguishers and 5 propane flasks of the level. It was a lot of back and forth and I almost got caught by the hotel manager a few times (didn’t even remember that she went into this alcove during her routine).

Still got away with Silent Assassin and an “accident” kill.

24 Likes

Wen T’sai burned to a beautiful crisp in my world, though i thought i nearly got spotted i still got silent assassin and acquired 2 brand new suits. video will be up soon

2 Likes

burned alive is the perfect way to kill such a scathing critic

15 Likes

Just discovered something about this ET.

If you knock out his bodyguard Ts’ai gains a whole new routine in the cocktail bar.
The routine only have three stops, no new dialogues, and no real opportunities. I tought he might drink from one of the glasses, but no (or I didn’t find the trigger). He never goes to the kitchen, never talk to anyone else. But it is in a public area.

He also looks at his phone a lot. I guess phone addiction is fitting for the season of gluttony ?

17 Likes

Whoever said our new gear would make this easy was spot on. I got a 2:21 run time and came in #498 on PSN. I was like WOW!

5 Likes

The Procurers would say that you burnt the food. :roll_eyes: :+1:t2:

3 Likes

This one will be new to me as i didn’t play it in H2016

2 Likes

A question: has any other target, elusive or otherwise ever gone to vomit in the rather humorous place this chap chooses? Since when has Wen’s chosen receptacle been a toilet, or even a bin?

(I went with the obvious route, anyway.)

1 Like

So, Gluttony you say, huh?

8 Likes

made him go nuts

13 Likes

Boring ass method. Just use the Lethal Poison & you can silently take this guy down with ease. No Distractions/No KO’s. Poison the cake @ the right moment by never getting spotted by anyone, sit back & relax for about 22 minutes. Easy method :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

Ah! So this is what happened. I subdued his bg, then never found him in what should’ve been his usual spots. I thought I encountered a bug where he might’ve walked off the map. :man_facepalming:

Man, if I were in team ‘No Restarts’ I’d be committing seppuku right now. :joy:

2 Likes

I got shot to death in The Procurers.

For this one, I got #1 on Xbox with :38 in a ballsy run.

Weird shit… :rofl:

This is a throwback for sure.

3 Likes