Elusive Target #2: THE STOWAWAY (Year 3: 23 June - 3 July 2023)

As a person who never did this Elusive Target back during Hitman 2 I can say in terms of difficulty the stowaway was underwhelming and easy. It doesn’t really help the fact that Diana tells you the exact general area where he is.

I wish for the Elusive Target formula they would incorporate intel pieces that help us track down the target instead of blatantly saying “Hey check around this area and look for the very agitated looking guy”.

I get he can change disguises, but let’s be honest we never let them out of our sight when we find them.

9 Likes

Of eliminating Elusive Targets without cheating phone :stuck_out_tongue:

Big Mooney’s attempt last time was pretty hilarious, because he lost sight of him and couldn’t find him at all.

8 Likes

If only we couldn’t put emetic gas in a briefcase…

Same here, all I did was wait until the timer unlocked the ET, loaded in, brought a briefcase with the remote emetic gas thing, classic coins, got a guard disguise with the usual trick, went to the art gallery, stood right next to him, drowned him in the toilet. Easiest ET ever, even easier than the politician.

If you’re decent at the game then they are all fairly easy. If you want a little more challenge then don’t bring in any of the fancy gadgets, just bring the lockpick and fibre wire like in the original games.

2 Likes

I immedietly died because some random guard spotted me and started to shoot.

3 Likes

I usually do this for the main missions (and start at default location), but escalations and elusives I use all the gadgets. That’s a good balance, IMO.

1 Like

“Yame Jimmy” (SA/SO) : my first Yame ET!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xXZb74pIjA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcTKL8Tg5jU

12 Likes

Leave a coin on the toilet bowl, wait for the target to go there, drown him.

The Stowaway is still the easiest et.

1 Like

Jimmy Chen is no more! Originally planned to take him out in the bathroom next to the museum but the crate is gone and he locks the door! Don’t remember that from H2.

Anyway I ended up using the lethal poison in the bar area upstairs, grabbed the dictaphone and made a relatively easy exit using the helicopter.

Elusive target #2 :white_check_mark:

6 Likes

Complete the ET 5 days ago on release day but my Xbox DVR isn’t showing the screenshots, so from now on I’m gonna share the through my Twitter and get them here. Anyway, my starting equipment:

Disposing of the cameras ASAP:

Getting the disguise of the common guards.Quite easy with the barracks next to the security room.

Found him and confronted him after a failed emetic grenade throw. After getting him poisoned, I missed him (didn’t go to the bathroom close to the room where some valuable objects are) and couldn’t find him anywhere, so I made things harder on myself because even after following him to where he changes, I locked the door to the room where he enters alone. I was salty that day. xD

Anyway, stole a disguise of an Elite guard and simply lured him to the bathroom as soon as he passed by.

After breaking his neck, hiding the body and taking the dictaphone, just wen back to where I got the first disguise. Damn, the Neon City suit looks great even in Sgail. Best H3 suit for me!

Escape by boat 'cause I always play it boring safe.

And got SA. All nice and just got complicated 'cause I missed him 2 times. Anyway, it’s done. Happy not-so-lucky-but-optimistic Bearmon has another one done.

ursam_claw_up

13 Likes

Seems I missed about half of the Stowaway’s route when I first played it in Hitman 2. (I killed him in his first changing room, so I never got to experience his other route.)

This time, however, I spent a good 40 minutes following him (after being locked out of his changerooms), before needing to restart because I got into combat as I was escaping.
So, here’s the restarted run instead. It’s not Suit Only, it’s not Silent Assassin (damn duck blew him up), but I did manage to escape in my suit, plus I used the Helicopter Keep exit. That’s a little accomplishment in and of itself.

Here’s hoping they let us unlock ET challenges later when they get permanently added :smirk:
It saddens me that this SA challenge might be locked in Hitman 3 forever, and there won’t be a Hitman 4 to fix that.

10 Likes

An advice in general when you want to kill someone with a propane tank is to use an EMP charge or a micro taser(a normal taser works too but it can be spotted and reported to a guard) instead(also make sure the tank is leaking in this case) because it is a 100% guaranted explosion accident kill.If you try to kill a concious person then quickly dropping the propane and the breaching charge and immediately detonating it in front of them works too.

4 Likes

Thanks. (though I’m already aware of those tricks.)

I haven’t used a duck in this game for a while, so I figured ‘why not blow up some propane with it’. I totally forgot that the explosion radius is pretty big and that it would kill him just a half-second before the propane.

(I realise that the Gunpowder I threw might have also messed with his death. Those don’t count as Silent Assassin explosions, too, right?)

3 Likes

Yeah, they count as explosive devices, not explosive accidents

Also, oh, the sweet irony. A Chicken undone by a duck :wink:

7 Likes

is there something fun i can do for this one? I’ve booted it up 3 or 4 times but its dogshit and I have 0 motivation to finish it

I prefer doing that anyway. I don’t like to start messing around with poisons and explosions etc in case they go horribly wrong. I prefer just to get in there and either kill the Elusive Target with a SilverBaller shot to the head (discreetly of course) or fiber wire them.

Don’t like to me messy with Elusive Targets because I can’t take the anticipation :joy:

1 Like

I like the fun anxiety :joy:. I’ll improvise before things have even gone wrong and that’s how I end up tossing a dude out of window that doesn’t have a long drop and he doesn’t die :joy:. I’d be a pretty bad assassin IRL, which I guess isn’t a bad thing at all.

Me after shooting a chandelier at the perfect time… “why didn’t that come crashing down? Oh no! People heard my shot! Now they are alerting guards, I better get into the closet!!!”

3 Likes

After lingering around the gallery for 4, 5, or more cycles, he finally went to change his disguise in the 1st floor bathroom, I stayed by the door since I couldn’t use my lockpick to get in without getting into trouble… So (I think I let him in to change) then I went up ahead of him to his other changing Rm. I went out on the small balcony… Waited for him to get in (I can’t recall if I had to use the lockpick) then lethal poison syringe in the back, etc. and exited (I don’t recall which). SA

I’m wondering if the “change to the ET formula” is making so that if anything happens with any target and/or objective that you can’t leave or close the game and will be counted as failed until you finish/exit the mission, then your actual score is counted. :thinking: