Elusive Target #2: THE STOWAWAY (Year 3: 23 June - 3 July 2023)

Man… this is easily the hardest No Loadout SA SONKO ET so far! The target doesn’t leave the gallery unless you approach him in a disguise, so that’s out. There are also a couple new guards in inconvenient places. Very meager accident opportunities. AND I have to get to where the target actually dies, to pick up his loot.

This is a tough one! I’m working on a run and hopefully will have it successfully pulled off and uploaded to the internets soon. But I wouldn’t be surprised if it just doesn’t pan out :frowning:

If I do succeed, the run will be long and convoluted… lots of pipe and ledge climbing.

5 Likes

The concept for this target is legit good. Changing his clothes if he suspects he’s outed, and his characterisation as a bad liar is very well done.

The downside is that Diana speaks throughout ALL of it, and ruins any semblance of enjoyment or skill required to complete it as it feels like a tutorial. You know how people complained that Opportunities felt like handholding?

Yeah, this is the logical endpoint of that complaint.

Yes I can see Chen taking photo’s Yes I know to follow him Diana!.

Murillo is worse mechanically, for the record.

6 Likes

Luckily, IOI were smart enough to keep their powder dry and limit his screentime throughout the WoA trilogy so that he didn’t ever suffer from over-exposure.

6 Likes

FYI: The Appraiser, Politician, Serial Killer, Stowaway, Collector, Iconoclast, Liability, Heartbreaker, Procurers, Ascensionist, and Rage have all appeared more times in Hitman 3 than The Revolutionary.

6 Likes

Makes sense. Would’ve been a bit insane if IO had continued his use in the Arcade when he appeared once in each of the first three Arcade batches and it became a frequent joke within HMF. He only appeared once in the Arcade after that.

2 Likes

I still don’t get why people joked about The Revolutionary being overused in the early days of the ET Arcade when The Appraiser also appeared in each of the first three batches (and then IO used her three additional times in the Arcade). I guess Vicente Murillo was just more memorable?

2 Likes

It was because it was the most re-used out of the relatively few Hitman 2 Elusive Targets and there were 1(or 2, depending on if you count the 2nd Undying as a “new” one) that were never used at all.

2 Likes

Classic way, to complete this et on SA

3 Likes

I have been working on this for HOURS this week and can’t get it right. The freaking TIMING to get the guard by the door to leave, to avoid Zoe, to avoid the pair of roaming elite guards, AND to lure Jimmy over to the doorway… holy moly, it is driving me nuts. I don’t know if I’ll be able to pull it off :cry:

2 Likes

No Loadout SA SONKO

This might be the single hardest run I’ve ever done. It took me a long time to figure out the timing, and even longer to get it right. Even then, there are still a few moments of choppy movement and uncertainty.

For a grown ass man, I definitely did not have the amount of free time that I needed to achieve this, and it’s silly to feel such accomplishment from a video game (especially after essentially grinding for success), but the dopamine hits of puzzle-solving and creativity are real.

I tried so many wonky and unsuccessful strats before settling on the “Keep It Simple, Stupid” method. Ultimately you don’t need the flare for this, and going to get it makes the timing extreeeeemely tight, but I couldn’t be happier with the end result of not having to play this ET anymore.

13 Likes

@Axwage
This run is a masterpiece, fantastic job mate.

For a grown ass man, I definitely did not have the amount of free time that I needed to achieve this, and it’s silly to feel such accomplishment from a video game

Wrong. In terms of in-game rewards you didn’t gain much, as you could tick-off the same achievements way easier and less risky, but the satisfaction from overcoming challenges is the reason we play videogames in the first place. No matter how much free time you’ve spent on this run, it made sense, unless you played at cost of doing actually important job, of course.

4 Likes

Awesome! I loved it!
I ended up doing this one that I am quite happy about also :blush:

4 Likes

Thank you @Dani1o and @Syndicator.

Syndicator, your run was so very smooth. Expertly done. Only one inventory item! I especially appreciate moving his corpse into deeper grass so some random roamers don’t find it before you’ve made your way out.

This was easily the most difficult No Loadout SA SONKO ET. I do remember I tried to peekaboo him, but couldn’t quite nail it. Instead I got fixated on the unique item of the flare, and the beautiful green glow it gives.

2 Likes

Thanks mate. I am sure its No Loadout, so I was curious to what you mean by one them in inventory? :sweat_smile:
I also did a version with the propane flask, but getting to the dictafon was hard…
My complication is that I try not to distract, so I had to sneak a long way into the room to get it…

1 Like

Speaking of the most difficult ETs in Hitman I think ‘The Badboy’ is worth mentioning also…

2 Likes

Oh I just meant you only needed to pick up one item (the gun) to complete the run. Whereas I had two guns, a propane, a muffin for some reason…

Haven’t done the Bad Boy yet. Don’t know the ET super well and not looking forward to it! Will watch your video after I complete it.

2 Likes

Ahh No worries. For a minute I thought you meant the camera! If I could dump it I would :sweat_smile:
Good luck with the badboy!

1 Like

Sorry to inform you…

2 Likes