Elusive Target #2: THE STOWAWAY (Year 3: 23 June - 3 July 2023)

That would be awful :joy: I hope if they do introduce changes then theyā€™re ones that change how we approach ETs in a meaningful and hopefully interesting way. Not some minor change to actively make them worse

1 Like

Itā€™s not a change, it was always there.
But you can still close the game forcibly for restart the mission if you completed any or all of the objectives but didnā€™t exit. Nothing changed in this.
I donā€™t know whatā€™s going on with ā€œthe new ET formulaā€ thing. Either they forgot/changed their mind about it, or they will apply this new formula exclusively to the new targets, which disappoints me to be honest.
Because if you annoounced changes before the game is out, you better implement them to the whole game, not to the very small and insignificant part of it. In this case the changes simply not worth it, and moreover in this case the announcement is pointless. I doubt they will release 26 targets for HITMAN 3, like they did for H2016. Looking back at HITMAN 2, theyā€™ll release 6 new targets at best. And this disappointing as well. I hope Iā€™m wrong though, but we had no other news than one single mention of a new formulaā€¦

2 Likes

Well, yeah. But I mean literally ANYTHING that shouldnā€™t affect the outcome or objectives. Like not being able to restart if you merely KO the Target (maybe you were going to dump them but got caught dragging their body). From a few posts Iā€™ve seen - I think thatā€™s what theyā€™re doing. But I could be wrong.

But yeahā€¦ Alt+F4 still might work.

Nothing changed, they work the very same as H2.

3 Likes

uhā€¦ so i burned him in the effigy and now Iā€™m too scared to go in for his dictaphone in case i die. what do i do??

2 Likes

i actually did throw a fire extinguisher onto the burning effigy just out of desperation. alas, didnt work :pensive:

If you have gone with this birdy thing you better used Kalmer on him first so he dropped his recorder in a safe place.
Or you need to wait till this thing goes out, if it ever does. You had to test this method in a regular mission first.
Anyway, how did it end?

i walked on the fire a few times to test how much damage Iā€™d take, but it was too much for me to be able to pick up the dictaphone. so then i force closed the game and tried a number of different ways, the iron maiden, the cannon, none of it really worked out.

in my last attempt i got him all the way up to the iron maiden, and then he chastised me for having a gun or whatever (all expected) and then immediately turned around and started going to tell a guard wayyy back in the gallery. I havenā€™t done the gun lure trick before today so i didnt know that would happen, I was planning on coining him towards the iron maiden so i could push him in but no dice. so i just knocked him out and shot him in the head with an smg in the stairwell :grimacing: lots of wasted planning for such a basic kill but oh well, i really do not like this ET or this map so

my head tells me they should prepare for outcomes like retrievable items becoming irretrievable, itā€™s not like it hasnā€™t happened before (the blackmailer light rig kill) but i understand why they wouldnā€™t envision people doing things like this. that being said, they should really scrap objectives being on targetsā€™ bodies anyway because it adds nothing to the contract

Well, at least all gone well and you didnā€™t fail.
I agree with you on the items that should drop off in a safe place.
We have this feature already in Haven when Bradley goes to the skies but his scooter keys fall just near 47 on a coast so yeah, it couldā€™ve been applied to Elusives as well

1 Like

Almost forgot about this ET :flushed::

Followed him around, confronted him, followed him to the locked hallway and snapped his neck, took his dictaphone and ran to the boat and left the island. :grinning:

8 Likes

Gonna miss out on this one due to training for work. Hopefully they do the other Sgail ET at some point so I can get my favorite suit again

1 Like

For some absolutely bizarre reason Amos Dexter isnā€™t on the map for The Stowaway. And the wine glass he usually drinks from is gone too

But Jason Portman is still on the map :thinking:

2 Likes

Apparently Dexter has been reincarnated into Jimi Chen

1 Like

They always cut some NPCs to introduce new. Weird they cut Dexter though, I would have cut some guards in the tower and elsewhere which are far away and not important.

1 Like

Dexter is still there, I swear I remember seeing him standing at the railing overlooking the gallery, not far from Portman. Wonder why they moved him though.

2 Likes

Huh, just checked youā€™re right. Donā€™t know how I missed him there :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: welllll I might have to re-record some footage then if I can be bothered

Just a little notice that I wonā€™t be recording this one or rather wonā€™t upload anything that I had recorded, because Iā€™m just f*cking tired of it. Had three almost perfect runs, so the Game crashed on the first and third one and I got spotted in the bushes on the second from an NPC that defenitly couldnā€™t have seen me if his life depended on it.

4 Likes

Mission Story Guide: Final Club

46 Likes

Yay, new Urben ET video, always a highlight of the HITMAN calendar!

13 Likes

Bit of a delay, but just watched the video, and once again you are a creative genius, @Urben! Amazing creativity, slick editing and I always love it when you show us how the trick is done: itā€™s like learning a magicianā€™s secrets. GG, dude, GG.

(Albeit Iā€™m wondering whether the instruction to collect ā€œ10 tokesā€ at the start of the video was due to a typo with English not being your native language, or a Freudian slip giving us a clue as to the fuel you use to come up with your crazy ideasā€¦ :laughing:)

7 Likes