ELUSIVE TARGET #22: THE CHAMELEON (Year 3: 1-11 September 2023)

I feel like at least 1 person will shoot him square in the face and fail because they thought it was like the ETA version.

3 Likes

you can do it i believe in you

2 Likes

Of the two Colorado ETs, I think The Chameleon is the better one. Itā€™s on the higher end of the stationary ETs for me (better than The Food Critic and The Black Hat, but I think The Revolutionary is slightly better than this one). The non-explosion accident kill complication is interesting, but itā€™s weird that outside of this one and The Surgeons no other ETs had specific kill methods, I wouldā€™ve thought that would be something they tried again for Hitman 2ā€™s or 3ā€™s ETs. I donā€™t get why the secondary objective is right next to the target, maybe they thought it was hard enough with the kill complication.

Also, shout out to everyone who started playing Hitman 3 when it launched on Steam cause this is the 15th ET in Year 2 (counting the reruns of The Bookkeeper and The Fugitive), meaning itā€™s their first chance to unlock the Casual Undercover.

3 Likes

Amazing suit, iā€™d love a version with the tie other than that it is a very snazzy unlock.

I wonder how many casual players will fail this because theyā€™ve only ever played it before in the Arcade, where despite all the dialogue being present about the kill being required to be a non-explosive accident, you can kill him by any method without failing.

3 Likes

The absolute scenes when @schatenjager fails this oneā€¦ :joy:

2 Likes

You know those videos of people throwing controllers through TVs? Itā€™ll look sorta like that.

6 Likes

MrFreeze2244 and The Sensation. The original and the best.

5 Likes

I never got to see that but I can imagine he was super flustered if he couldnā€™t figure out how to get him to drink.

To this day I still donā€™t know if that ET was designed to teach us itā€™s not always easy to get SA (encourage us to improvise) or if they really expected us to restart until we realised you could hop the wall to get there first.

3 Likes

Donā€™t say your old buddy scat never does anything for you, yā€™hearā€¦

13 Likes

That was actually tame compared to what I was expecting.

5 Likes

i was expecting a Paris-Hokkaido map argument. We all knew how that ended.

1 Like

Apologies all for the Freeze-y diversion, we should probably get back on topic and discuss how olā€™ @schatenjager is never going to get to wear that hat, and will be forced to wear suits with ties in perpetuity as a penance.

4 Likes

@scat1620, before we go from ā€œThe Freezeā€ heres a rushed meme:
vietnam | POV: YOU HEAR SOMEONE TALKING ABOUT HOKKAIDO; IN MR FREEZE 2244'S PRESENCE | image tagged in vietnam | made w/ Imgflip meme maker

@schatenjager ties are cool.
YOUR OPINION; DOESN'T MATTER | image tagged in hitman lolcat | made w/ Imgflip meme maker
All just banter ofc!

Gomez Addams GIF - Gomez Addams Raul - Discover & Share GIFs

1 Like

Oh shit, Colorado. Last ET I failed SA for the first time, now Iā€™m gonna be fucking dead, I guess. I barely did fine with The Bookkeeper since I wasnā€™t going for SASONKO every ET back then, but now I am, so Iā€™m probably screwed.

you can do it i believe in you think of your ideas how to get the target and he has to be killed accident

1 Like

Iā€™m torn by how I want to play this. Iā€™m pretty confident that Iā€™ve never done this suit only before, so Iā€™m keen to try that. But then I also want to play it like its H1 and only use equipment that exists in our H1 inventoriesā€¦ I guess I could just mash the two together and see what happens. :laughing: